News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1/40 Dueling Carnotaurus

Started by Gorgonzola, June 24, 2020, 04:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorgonzola

Hi all, long time since I've been active on here, though I've been lurking here and there. Had a lot of life stuff get in the way of making new dinosaur models, and now I'm going to try to make some resin kits myself (and offer STL files for people with access to printers down the line.)

Been recently updating my Carnotaurus model and had this idea based off the old "Leaping Laelaps" painting by Charles Knight, and figured I'd put out some feelers to see if there's interest in this becoming a resin kit. The scale is 1/40, so the two Carnotaurus measure roughly 8.2"-8.5" once their poses are factored and all this said and done. Need at least five people who can be committed to a preorder of 180 USD to make this project a reality, give me a shout at [email protected] if you're interested. Once I've got at least five people onboard I'll collect preorders and then update all interested through a newsletter so they can see the progress of it being made.

These renders are fairly close to how the final will be, still doing some pose refinement and detail work here and there based off some initial models I got off my printer to see what needs to be bumped up and I'm planning to redo the base a bit (it'll still be more or less a slab so people can decorate it how they wish, I just don't like the aesthetics of it right now.) Thanks all for looking!

IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cretaceous Crab

SidB

Strong, hefty specimens, reminiscent of Doug Watson's work. Impressive.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.