You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread's Collection (Bottom of Page 6 for Updated/Restart of my collection!

Started by Bread, June 27, 2020, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

We are running our central heating constantly.  This makes the atmosphere inside the house quite dry and dehydrated.  I do not think it is the damp that is causing the issue.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2021, 07:50:06 AM
avatar_Bread @Bread Great additions to your collection. Fortunately in my case corythosaurus and lambeosaurus have no old stability problems. I think that stability problems are greatly influenced by the climate where you have a figure. Perhaps because where I live the climate is dry, it may be the reason that I do not have problems with the vast majority of prehistoric animals.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 09:14:07 AM
We are running our central heating constantly.  This makes the atmosphere inside the house quite dry and dehydrated.  I do not think it is the damp that is causing the issue.

avatar_Bread @Bread Great additions to your collection. Fortunately in my case corythosaurus and lambeosaurus have no old stability problems. I think that stability problems are greatly influenced by the climate where you have a figure. Perhaps because where I live the climate is dry, it may be the reason that I do not have problems with the vast majority of prehistoric animals.

In my case I have no problems, it may be because I do not use heating at all, even in the worst season of snowstorms I have not had any problems and I have even ventilated the rooms for hours and I have not had any sensation of cold. The heating in my case I only use it for the time when I have to shower 5 or 8 minutes, it is the truth.

I do not know what is the reason that my dinosaurs for the most part do not present any stability problem fortunately. I regret that the same does not happen to other DTF members.

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 04, 2021, 12:30:36 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 09:14:07 AM

In my case I have no problems, it may be because I do not use heating at all, even in the worst season of snowstorms I have not had any problems and I have even ventilated the rooms for hours and I have not had any sensation of cold. The heating in my case I only use it for the time when I have to shower 5 or 8 minutes, it is the truth.

I do not know what is the reason that my dinosaurs for the most part do not present any stability problem fortunately. I regret that the same does not happen to other DTF members.
Thank you. And right now, here in Georgia, it is pretty cold. Usually humidity is not an issue until summer time or late spring. Only sort of heating treatment I've given both hadrosaurs is hot water. Still no use due to their thin legs, as to why I am looking for duplicates of Wilson's stand.

Thank you both for the kind words and input! Much appreciated!

ceratopsian

My Corythosaurus is back to not standing - it's the right foreleg that buckles to the inside.  I do have some stands that I bought a while back to display some sea creatures but I don't think they'll be suitable.  I'll dig them out and have a look though.  They were very fiddly to put together.

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 03:35:49 PM
My Corythosaurus is back to not standing - it's the right foreleg that buckles to the inside.  I do have some stands that I bought a while back to display some sea creatures but I don't think they'll be suitable.  I'll dig them out and have a look though.  They were very fiddly to put together.
avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian I too am curious to see what these look like. My Corythosaurus and Lambeosaurus are fine, but plenty of other figures are problematic, including Wilson #3, the precursor to Winter Wilson and my Wild Safari feathered T-rex, Battats, etc.

ceratopsian

I don't think I'll have the opportunity to hunt them out till Saturday morning. Will update!

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 03:35:49 PM
Feel free to post the pics here if you'd like. I do not mind plus it will help me out a lot. Thank you! Hopefully the stands work well.

Bokisaurus

I also made a stand out of cheap sculpy and some twigs, it works very well and cheap.
It's also more natural looking 😃

Bread

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 05, 2021, 05:19:40 AM
I also made a stand out of cheap sculpy and some twigs, it works very well and cheap.
It's also more natural looking 😃
Another alternative that I have considered. Thank you, and I may have to do this due to the news/feedback I received from PNSO.

An update, PNSO emailed me back. I was told that I can not receive the stands individually or in a group. I would need to buy a figure that comes with a stand, and then request to add more stands by emailing them once again.

This is so somewhat good news. However, I do not want to have to order from Amazon, as this means it will be more expensive for myself as I prefer to order from Aliexpress. I've also have had plenty of shipping issues from them using China Post.

ceratopsian

Thank you for permission to post the pictures of my stand experiments here on your thread, avatar_Bread @Bread.

The stand I had acquired earlier for aquatic creatures does work.  It was purchased off eBay and here is what the box looks like:

The picture shows the maximum height of the stand, but you can make the stand much shorter.  For the Corythosaurus, only the bottom-most "pole" was needed.  And the Corythosaurus does stand with this new help - at least for the moment.  Here's a couple of pictures....

From the far side, so you can see how it works:

And a shot of the side you would look at the model from - the stand isn't very obtrusive:

Here's the link to the stands on eBay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4Pcs-Clear-Action-Figure-Base-Stand-Holder-For-Bandai-HG-RG-SD-Gundam-Models-US/223981633853?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bread

Thank you so much avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian
I was a little skeptical with action figure display stands as they may not work well with horizontal figures, but your photos definitely proved me wrong. I will be purchasing these and once again thank you! Much appreciated!

ceratopsian

You aren't the only one who was sceptical.  I hadn't much hope of it working, especially when it initially seemed too tall.  Also the display stand is very light - there is no weight in the transparent base.  It took a bit of fiddling to get the angle right.  But it seems OK, and if it doesn't hold, I have plenty of small aquatic creatures who can take the stand.  Ah - one other thing.  It didn't work on a rather shiny, slippery surface, as the base kept skidding around.  I put it on that particular surface only because it would have made a decent background for a photo though.  Perhaps you should wait a few days before purchasing and see how mine holds up!!

Quote from: Bread on February 07, 2021, 04:05:15 PM
Thank you so much avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian
I was a little skeptical with action figure display stands as they may not work well with horizontal figures, but your photos definitely proved me wrong. I will be purchasing these and once again thank you! Much appreciated!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I wonder if that would work with the Eofauna Atlasaurus? It's the only figure I have that keeps leaning (aside from the Vitae Tiantaisaurus which leans against another figure anyway), but I'm pretty sure the height of the waist would prevent it working on that figure.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

The sliding issue of the base does not bother me. In fact, the stand will be between the Corythosaurus and the wall of my shelf. I just wanted to avoid putting the figure against the wall as a support since it could possibly rub off paint or even damage it (yes this is a small possibility). I went ahead and purchased a different variant off of Aliexpress, as they were cheaper (about $1 per stand). So, if these do not work then I will look into purchasing the stands you have, unless of course if they do not work.

Bread

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 07, 2021, 04:31:20 PM
I wonder if that would work with the Eofauna Atlasaurus? It's the only figure I have that keeps leaning (aside from the Vitae Tiantaisaurus which leans against another figure anyway), but I'm pretty sure the height of the waist would prevent it working on that figure.
Does the Eofauna Atlasaurus really lean that bad to where it almost falls? I was debating on getting that figure, but now learning it has balancing issues, I am hesitant. I already have about 3 other figures dealing with said balancing issues :-\ I am trying to avoid any more future ones.

SidB

Quote from: Bread on February 07, 2021, 04:58:35 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 07, 2021, 04:31:20 PM
Does the Eofauna Atlasaurus really lean that bad to where it almost falls? I was debating on getting that figure, but now learning it has balancing issues, I am hesitant. I already have about 3 other figures dealing with said balancing issues :-\ I am trying to avoid any more future ones.
avatar_Bread @Bread, for reference, mine arrived rock solid and remains so. That's my experience with this figure, one of the best in my large collection.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I suppose it depends. My PNSO Hadrosaurs stand perfectly, but the Atlasaurus cannot. The front limbs have twisted closer together overtime and now it cannot stand up at all. I lean mine against another sauropod.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

I think that you must have been very unfortunate avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx with the Atlasaurus.  I don't think I've heard anyone else report stability issues with this one.  I'm not sure that the stand would work with the Atlasaurus.  I'm not sure that the cradle is wide enough to support it properly.

Duna

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 07, 2021, 06:06:35 PM
I think that you must have been very unfortunate avatar_Gothmog the Baryonyx @Gothmog the Baryonyx with the Atlasaurus.  I don't think I've heard anyone else report stability issues with this one.  I'm not sure that the stand would work with the Atlasaurus.  I'm not sure that the cradle is wide enough to support it properly.
Yes, this is the first time I've heard about an Atlasaurus with stability problems. It's a perfectly sturdy figure. I don't think it's an issue and I highly recommend it to you. For me it's one of the best in my collection.
My PNSO Corythosaurus also come with stability problems from the first day and it's very difficult to fix. I had to fix all the legs with hot water more than three times but it still prones to that.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'll put a photo up later since you don't believe me. It is not remotely sturdy. If it is a rare issue, do you think it would be worth it to just buy another Atlasaurus from Everything Dinosaur that wont have this issue?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: