You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread's Collection (Bottom of Page 6 for Updated/Restart of my collection!

Started by Bread, June 27, 2020, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

No, I definitely believe you!

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 08, 2021, 06:18:37 PM
I'll put a photo up later since you don't believe me. It is not remotely sturdy. If it is a rare issue, do you think it would be worth it to just buy another Atlasaurus from Everything Dinosaur that wont have this issue?

Duna

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 08, 2021, 06:18:37 PM
I'll put a photo up later since you don't believe me. It is not remotely sturdy. If it is a rare issue, do you think it would be worth it to just buy another Atlasaurus from Everything Dinosaur that wont have this issue?
Maybe you should try with the hot (near boiling) water method. You'll lose nothing ... Some of my figures with serious standing problems have been fixed for ever this way.

Bread

Images removed.

ceratopsian

I'm so glad you now have standing hadrosaurs!  My Corythosaurus has stayed upright (with the bottom of the action stand wedged against the line of books behind to give extra support and stop any slippage).  Looking at the line of the legs, mine is less warped than yours.  They are nice stands that you found - I like the bigger bases.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 02, 2021, 08:05:54 AM
I'm so glad you now have standing hadrosaurs!  My Corythosaurus has stayed upright (with the bottom of the action stand wedged against the line of books behind to give extra support and stop any slippage).  Looking at the line of the legs, mine is less warped than yours.  They are nice stands that you found - I like the bigger bases.
That's good. Mine has remained stable as well. The base seems to fit for it quite well, as well as your stands as well. I still wish I was able to find some of those Wilson stands, they work better in my opinion.

As for my Corythosaurus' legs, they are pretty warped. As in the legs no longer will adjust to hot water treatment (yes I tried it once again, and the legs just revert right back to their warp state).

Once again, thank you for the help!

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Bread on March 02, 2021, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 02, 2021, 08:05:54 AM
That's good. Mine has remained stable as well. The base seems to fit for it quite well, as well as your stands as well. I still wish I was able to find some of those Wilson stands, they work better in my opinion.

As for my Corythosaurus' legs, they are pretty warped. As in the legs no longer will adjust to hot water treatment (yes I tried it once again, and the legs just revert right back to their warp state).

Once again, thank you for the help!

Glad to hear you finally got some stands to fix some of the problems you were having.
For your Cory, I would suggest trying the hot water or hair dryer again, position the legs, then hold that position with a cardboard or something hard and won't bend, and leave it with it holding the place for a week or more before taking it out.
I did that to mine and so far it had kept its position for weeks now.

Halichoeres

That's a good solution. Currently my Corythosaurus is wedged between two CollectA plants. So far so good, but I might run out of plants if more of my figures are this unstable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 10, 2021, 07:43:12 PM
That's a good solution. Currently my Corythosaurus is wedged between two CollectA plants. So far so good, but I might run out of plants if more of my figures are this unstable.

Buy a bunch of Playmobil plants ;) ...at least on the German second market they can be bought in great masses and fairly cheap, seems most children just don`t need/want
these for playing. My son loves them and I build him and me like 25 different plants and trees (prehistoric and recent style) and still had quite some leftovers from a 15 € lot.

That being said, these stands are nice, especially as the bases could be used to redesign them to diorama bases, where did you get these avatar_Bread @Bread ?

Bread

I've thought about buying cheap plants to solve stability issues, to scale of course.

The stands were bought from Aliexpress, honestly I don't recommend them since they are extremely cheap and one of the 5 have broke already. If you are interested, a quick search of "action figure stands" on Aliexpress is what I went with. I recommend to read reviews/comments before purchasing a certain stand. I am currently not using the stand for the Corythosaurus, as the stand for it broke due to the weight of the Corythosaurus. The Lambeosaurus works well it however. avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus sorry if I did not provide a link, I am currently responding on a mobile device.

Lanthanotus

Thanks, Bread, no worries about a link :)

Bread

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 10, 2021, 10:53:23 PM
Thanks, Bread, no worries about a link :)
You're welcome! avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian also posted different stands, as those may work better for stability as opposed to mine.

Edit: ceratopsian posted the link a few pages back in this thread.

Eocarcharia

That's unfortunate that your PNSO hadrosaurs have had such serious stability problems. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my Lambeosaurus stands perfectly fine. But I'm glad you got it worked out!

ceratopsian

My stand is still successfully holding my Corythosaurus in place.

Libraraptor

Those flexible arcryl stands are really interesting and helpful.

Bread

Quote from: Eocarcharia on March 15, 2021, 11:40:10 PM
That's unfortunate that your PNSO hadrosaurs have had such serious stability problems. I guess I should consider myself lucky that my Lambeosaurus stands perfectly fine. But I'm glad you got it worked out!
Thank you! Slowly but surely my two hadrosaurs are becoming stable.
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 16, 2021, 08:37:56 AM
My stand is still successfully holding my Corythosaurus in place.
Glad those are working well, as I may have to purchase a few of those as they are much smaller than mine.
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 16, 2021, 02:03:58 PM
Those flexible arcryl stands are really interesting and helpful.
Yes, they are indeed useful but I will say they take a little more space than I originally thought they would.

Bread

Images deleted.

ceratopsian

Lighting I'm afraid I can't help with, as the man who made my cabinets dealt with it.

I can't help adding that the arrangement of models on a collector's shelves is never "final"!  Collections evolve, grow and change over time.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 07, 2021, 06:34:21 PM
Lighting I'm afraid I can't help with, as the man who made my cabinets dealt with it.

I can't help adding that the arrangement of models on a collector's shelves is never "final"!  Collections evolve, grow and change over time.
All good, I am doing some research on cabinet lighting, just very busy atm with other things.

Yes!!! Probably my favorite thing about collecting is arranging figures on multiple occasions! Whether you just got a new figure to when you just want to pick them up and observe the beautiful figures!!!

Halichoeres

I've never lit a cabinet that didn't have it built in, but I know avatar_Duna @Duna has installed lighting. Maybe she can help?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2021, 06:52:25 PM
I've never lit a cabinet that didn't have it built in, but I know avatar_Duna @Duna has installed lighting. Maybe she can help?
Thank you! I'll ask Duna. Much appreciated.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: