You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Bread's Collection (Bottom of Page 6 for Updated/Restart of my collection!

Started by Bread, June 27, 2020, 12:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duna

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2021, 06:52:25 PM
I've never lit a cabinet that didn't have it built in, but I know avatar_Duna @Duna has installed lighting. Maybe she can help?
Yes, no problem! I lit my first cabinet with Ikea VAXMYRA led lighting units. They give warm white light, nice overall but not cheap.

A few weeks ago I set up another glass cabinet with 7 shelves and I chose this set from Amazon: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07GF4RFMK/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_glt_i_84W8J9MHRMHE9YM583SX
Mine was with 4 units but there are other options with 6 and 8, if I am not wrong. I chose this time cool white and I think these give more light that the Ikea's and are cheaper. Each one gives light about 40-50 cm wide.
The wire can fit in a very small hole and then attach to the light unit. All use the same plug, so it's very practical.
I am very happy with them.

In a Besta wooden set which was wider I put adhesive led strips that I already had, they are quite cheap, but you have to cut it into strips, then make the connections to a cable and then all of them to a ¿transformer? I don't know the word for it.

I can send you pictures tomorrow if you want.

Bread

Awesome! That info helps a lot! Much appreciated Duna! I'll let you know later if I need pictures. Right now this will be a side project for me. But thank you.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations those PNSO figures are collectible figures not mere toys. Faced with so many marketable figures from various brands, in the end we can only focus at most on one company for space reasons or choose the most beautiful figure from each toy dinosaur company.

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 12, 2021, 10:53:07 AM
My congratulations those PNSO figures are collectible figures not mere toys. Faced with so many marketable figures from various brands, in the end we can only focus at most on one company for space reasons or choose the most beautiful figure from each toy dinosaur company.
Thank you! So far my focus has been PNSO, and that probably won't be changing for a while as new figures are coming to us rapidly! I especially need that PNSO Yutyrannus!!!!

However, I do have some CollectA and Safari, so collecting those brands are on a pause at the moment. Hopefully, I can get around to ordering some of them soon.

Concavenator

Great collection there. Not a lot of figures, but the ones you have are great, you have a fine taste. In my opinion, quality is what matters after all.

And I can definitely see the hype for the PNSO Yutyrannus. It's also my most anticipated figure!

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on May 12, 2021, 02:17:03 PM
Great collection there. Not a lot of figures, but the ones you have are great, you have a fine taste. In my opinion, quality is what matters after all.

And I can definitely see the hype for the PNSO Yutyrannus. It's also my most anticipated figure!
Thank you and yes the hype is real! I am somewhat leaning towards more quality and high detail as to quantity. I have other brands I need to show, Safari and CollectA. Pictures will be soon.

Bread

Some unfortunate news I am about to say for myself. Lately collecting for me has been slowing down tremendously. I moved once again, and right now financially speaking and in terms of space, some items in my collection I will be selling. Some PNSO models will remain in my collection and I will still slowly collect other newer models, etc. However, I will be selling all of the Safari and CollectA figures I have accumulated over time, including some old PNSO figures. I will post pictures soon of what I am selling, I will only be selling to those in the U.S., can't afford to ship outside of the country at the moment, my apologies.

I want to note that this is honestly not a positive or negative scenario for me. My feelings on selling some of collection is mutual as I kind of wanted to downsize a bit. Space is kind of an issue but maybe that's a good thing. My main collecting priorities at the moment will be newer PNSO figures but very limited. Quality over quantity for me, my friends! Thank you and you can message me any time with questions. I do have images of figures in previous post, so message me on offers. Other wise, I will post an update on this thread or a new thread with more details about my figures for sale.

Bokisaurus

avatar_Bread @Bread well, sad to hear the news, but I totally understand where you're coming from.
It's a constant struggle this hobby is 🤣 and sometimes simplifying is what gets us into a peaceful state that we can sustain.
I certainly have recently found myself at the same crossroads and struggling about what to do.

Good luck! I'm happy that your keeping your PNSO at least. Hope you will still stick around here, I really enjoy having and interacting with you.  Cheers!😃

SidB

It's true what B @Bokisaurus writes, the personal and human aspect is more important in the long run. BTW, is storage an option for you?

Bread

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 10, 2021, 04:37:06 PM
avatar_Bread @Bread well, sad to hear the news, but I totally understand where you're coming from.
It's a constant struggle this hobby is 🤣 and sometimes simplifying is what gets us into a peaceful state that we can sustain.
I certainly have recently found myself at the same crossroads and struggling about what to do.

Good luck! I'm happy that your keeping your PNSO at least. Hope you will still stick around here, I really enjoy having and interacting with you.  Cheers!😃
Thank you! Your words and statements are truly a gift to read as always. I too enjoyed the interactions we had! I am sticking around, but just slowing down on acquisitions and prioritizing. I still look through member's collections constantly, followed by updates for release, so I won't be slipping away ;)

Quote from: SidB on July 10, 2021, 05:31:47 PM
It's true what B @Bokisaurus writes, the personal and human aspect is more important in the long run. BTW, is storage an option for you?
Storage is not really an option I would like to do. I love to look at my collection, but I rather sell those figures to someone who will display them. But I would somewhat consider it if my priorities change a little. Thank you for the recommendation!

Again, I'll probably add a post on what I am selling, but at the moment a little busy. Thank you for the kind words!

KeU

Quote from: Bread on July 07, 2021, 06:59:23 PM
Some unfortunate news I am about to say for myself. Lately collecting for me has been slowing down tremendously. I moved once again, and right now financially speaking and in terms of space, some items in my collection I will be selling. Some PNSO models will remain in my collection and I will still slowly collect other newer models, etc. However, I will be selling all of the Safari and CollectA figures I have accumulated over time, including some old PNSO figures. I will post pictures soon of what I am selling, I will only be selling to those in the U.S., can't afford to ship outside of the country at the moment, my apologies.

I want to note that this is honestly not a positive or negative scenario for me. My feelings on selling some of collection is mutual as I kind of wanted to downsize a bit. Space is kind of an issue but maybe that's a good thing. My main collecting priorities at the moment will be newer PNSO figures but very limited. Quality over quantity for me, my friends! Thank you and you can message me any time with questions. I do have images of figures in previous post, so message me on offers. Other wise, I will post an update on this thread or a new thread with more details about my figures for sale.
I understand your stance.
Life has got to take priority.
It is good that you took the time to evaluate your collection priorities and moved forward from that.
I take that as a positive.
Onwards you go in your new direction.

Sad side note, my Corythosaurus has started tipping over when summer temperatures hit.

Bread

Thanks avatar_KeU @KeU! Yes a new direction for collecting, but things happen. Quality over quantity is now a major priority for myself.

Also, my Corythosaurus is getting worse and worse as for stability. Regarding temperature, I think this is a major factor to why some of us have this issue. Hopefully PNSO stays away from the thin legged hadrosaurs now.

Bread

Images removed.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Nanmu dinosaurs especially the latest version of tyrannosaurus rex is spectacular. I'm glad for you. The other figures of prehistoric animals, especially the kronosaurus from Collecta, are very well done.

Halichoeres

It's an interesting mix of figures! Naturally I'm partial to the scientifically influenced ones. I'll be interested to see where your whims take you next.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bread

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 27, 2021, 09:00:22 AM
My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. Nanmu dinosaurs especially the latest version of tyrannosaurus rex is spectacular. I'm glad for you. The other figures of prehistoric animals, especially the kronosaurus from Collecta, are very well done.
Thank you Shonisaurus! Yes you are right on point, both figures you mentioned are absolutely top notch in terms of production and beauty. Once I got my first Nanmu I was hooked, and once I got my first Prehistoric Marine animal, CollectA's in particular, I also came to the realization that I need them all now ;D

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 28, 2021, 12:43:24 AM
It's an interesting mix of figures! Naturally I'm partial to the scientifically influenced ones. I'll be interested to see where your whims take you next.
Thank you Halichoeres! Yes it is an odd/interesting mix. One level of the shelf has cinema (JP mainly at the moment) inspired figures and the other containing more scientific based figures. So far I am just waiting on Nanmu's Brachiosaurus and Parasaurolophus and I think the cinema shelf (figure wise) will be finished. For now, I am continuing to grow some scientific based figures, mainly CollectA.

On another note, I received my second Future variant today, I'll post comparison pics of them together and really give a full run down. Kind of shocked on the quality difference not going to lie, and that's not a good thing sadly :-\

Bokisaurus

Great to see you back in the collecting mode😃 and that's great you got a new place that offers a large space for display!

Bread

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 28, 2021, 04:38:18 AM
Great to see you back in the collecting mode😃 and that's great you got a new place that offers a large space for display!
Thank you! And yes it is great to be back into the collecting kind of mood. Especially since for a while I was trying to sell some models, but its all about growth now!

Bread

Images removed.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations. How beautiful! They are the two figures (even if they are the same). I understand your position. I once bought two limited version spinosaurus figures whose bust adorns my profile in the DTF, because I liked having two identical figures because it was a unique piece. It is a formidable figure and far surpasses its two JP / JW predecessors made by the same Nanmu company, it is one of the prettiest non-scientific tyrannosaurus that exist in dinosaur collectibles figures. Enjoy those figures!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: