News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Time 3D

Started by Brontozaurus, September 28, 2012, 01:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brontozaurus

trailer

So I saw this trailer yesterday, and it seems possible that there's now a worse animated dinosaur movie than Ice Age 3. Because at least that movie had good designs for its dinosaur characters, whereas this just looks really lazy.

Also, yay for feathered dinosaurs, but not when they look like the malformed offspring of Howard the Duck.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Takama

Hey, a show that i can take my semi Dads kids to some day.

I just hope they dont take it seriously

tyrantqueen

Oh God, this looks terrible.

*yuck*

DeadToothCrackKnuckle

Why lord, why... Why must they have to disgrace dinosaurs like this?

©Julius T. Csotonyi

Takama

Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on September 28, 2012, 11:53:19 PM

kids love dinosaurs.   

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on September 29, 2012, 12:33:55 AM
Quote from: DeadToothCrackKnuckle on September 28, 2012, 11:53:19 PM

kids love dinosaurs.

Indeed they do and this film looks like it was made for very young kids in particular.

Balaur

Wow... Dinosaur Train is meant for preschoolers and beats this piece of crap!

This is neither educational, or enternaining. We need a kids film that actually has a good plot and accurate dinosaurs.

Brontozaurus

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 29, 2012, 01:38:00 AM
Wow... Dinosaur Train is meant for preschoolers and beats this piece of crap!

This is neither educational, or enternaining. We need a kids film that actually has a good plot and accurate dinosaurs.

We could just let them watch The Land Before Time. It's not accurate (it is over 20 years old after all) but it has a damn good plot, and in the context of a kids film I think that's the most important thing.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

alexeratops

dude, that raptor looks like a duck! *yuck* I'm waiting for a real, accurate, but still entertaining dino movie!
like a bantha!

Takama

First off, the trailer link is no longer up there, so for those who wish to see it here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDxFdEOZHwA

OK Believe it or not. I own this movie now. And it was changed from "Dino Time" to "Back to the Jurassic"

All I can say is, i am WAY too old for this movie. The film is made for Little Kids. The main protagonist is a Trouble makeing Boy who lives in a town called Terra Dino, which would be the greatest place on earth to me, because the whole town is Dinosaur themed. Since he is a trouble maker, he is always followed by his sister, who trys to catch him on her cellphone to tattle on there mom. With the Boy, there is a his friend with roller skates, that tags along with him. The two go to the local museum, (whos employees seemed to hate there job) and sneak into the back room to find a Giant Sarcosuchus Skeleton with fangs. The boys sister does indeed follow them in there, and gets them busted. So there mom Grounds the boy 3 weeks. Being a bad kid, he decides to sneak out of the open window in his room, and goes to his friends house, whos dad is a Scientist that just so happens to make a time machine that hes having trouble getting to work.
To cut to the chase, The boys sister follows him, shenanigans happen in the lab, and the kids wind up in the machine, which activates because a robot spills soda on the wiring.
The three kids wind up in the Cretacious Period, in the nest of a Tyrannosaurus. To make things shorter, the T.rex thinks that the kids are hers, and apparently, she is freineds with all the other dinosaurs in the region, Including the Herbivoires.
The Villains in this film are Two Ridiculously Inaccurate Sarcosuchus that barley look like the real creature. Seriously, they got Fins on there back, and one of them has weird noodle like things on his head. As for the accuracy on the rest of the dinos, I will say that this film gets a pass for the most part, as the rest of the animals are cartoonish, but they are no where near as ridiculous as the Sarcos. Also, theirs a Baby T.Rex in the film that has feathers.
Like i said, im too old for this movie, the main reason is because the main chrector talks to the audience like Dora does in Dora the Explorer. It got a little cringe worthy at times, so i wished he was just narrating the story instead of acutally talking to the audiance(keep in mind, this film is animated)
In the end, the Real Mother goes back in time, to save her kids, and the T.Rex fights the Two Sarcosuchus. One of them dies because he falls in some lava, though it was not implied that he died at all.
Overall, i cant say i recommend this movie. And i dont know if its because im too old for it, or if its really that bad