News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurapark Krasiejow, Poland

Started by Libraraptor, August 08, 2020, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

This summer we had a visit to friends in Poland. A half an hour drive southeast of Wroclaw there´s the "Jurapark Karasiejow". In a clay pit close to the citiy they had found some interesting Triassicfauna with Aetosaurs, Rauisuchids, Therapsids reminiscent at Lisowicia, giant amphibians and Silesaurus, an archosaur close to or already within the dinosaurian group. A part of the site had been left in situ and covered with walkable glass.  In the clay pit they placed huge models, including Amphicoelias and Brachiosaurus, and it was far from cheap! Instead, they showed many interesting, realistic models. Enjoy my little trip with me on your sofa or at your desk!

Tanystropheus:

Nothosaurus:

Polonosuchus:

Silesaurus:

Plateosaurus:

Can´t remember... Liliensternus?

The site with bones scattered all around.

If you look closer, you can see an amphibian skull at the underside:

This view reminded me at Jurassic Park:

Stagonolepis:

Again:

Lisowicia:

They weren´t hungry...

Scutellosaurus:

Amphicoelias:

Brachiosaurus:

Therizinosaurs:

Tyrannosaurus:

They were even digging at a new site when the park was open. Unfourtunately I did not ask them to join in.

Gallimimus. In the background you get an overview of the clay pit and the path that leads through it. In the very background you see the building they built over the site. They dug right of it.

Parasaurolophus:

The site again with some information:

Corythosaurus and Homp sapiens:

Lanthanotus

Woah, that looks like a very impressive park. Their Indian Rhino interpretation of Lisowicia is especially nice, but also those other reconstructions look very good. Time for some holiday in Poland, never been there...

Gwangi

Wow, I'm impressed. Those models are some of the best I've seen, and so many obscure critters too. Being half Polish myself, it makes me proud. Thank you very much for sharing.

DragonRider02

I have been to one of the JuraParks as kid (there's few in diffrent locations across the Country but they all use same models) and I am still surprised that some Theropods, like T. Rex and Ceratosaurus have feathers. Yet the hands are still pronated... Really odd!

indohyus

This is pretty impressive! Love the variety of prehistoric animals here, it's well done.

PrimevalRaptor

What a cool park! I love how accurate those models are and am a big fan of the speculative integument (I could swear there's also a feathered Dilophosaurus in a similar sculpting style)!

Libraraptor

https://youtu.be/Cc378A7IQ1U

Found a video,  in Polish but still very informative.  There are some other videos  on Youtube,  too.

Shonisaurus

The Jurapark Karasiejow theme park for dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in Poland is very cool. Tyrannosaurus, parasaurolophus, ornithomimus, and Triassic animals are very well represented. Also thanks for the Libraraptor video.

Jose S.M.

Those are some great sculptures! I would love to have something like that in my country, we have a couple of "dino" parks but the sculptures are very outdated and uninspired.

Halichoeres

I love it. Thanks especially for highlighting the Triassic stuff!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arctinus

Wow, thanks for the photos and the video! I found out about the park in Poland a few months ago. Didn't know Poland had such an amazing dino park. I wish dinosaur sculpts were as amazing and accurate here in Slovenia, but sadly the very few of them (I think we have one or two small ones) are oriented towards kids.

Loon

Wow, those are some top-notch models. I believe I've seen some of them before, I definitely know I've seen that Tyrannosaurus before. And, am I insane or does that Parasaurolophus have feathers on its back?

I never can understand why the US doesn't have a good Dinosaur Park. Most of the ones I've seen have models that make the Dinosaurs at our once common Flintstones roadside attractions look modern. Either that, or their part of some awful revisionist history nonsense like being on Noah's ark or part of the Confederacy. Oh, America...

DragonRider02

Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 05:42:58 PMAnd, am I insane or does that Parasaurolophus have feathers on its back?
It does! Shockingly, they have lots of feathered models: T. Rex, ceratosaurus, kentrosaurus and some kind of Allosaur, as far as I remember. And those sculpts are quite old, so they were really ahead of time!

Loon

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 08, 2020, 05:54:47 PM
Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 05:42:58 PMAnd, am I insane or does that Parasaurolophus have feathers on its back?
It does! Shockingly, they have lots of feathered models: T. Rex, ceratosaurus, kentrosaurus and some kind of Allosaur, as far as I remember. And those sculpts are quite old, so they were really ahead of time!

Well, that's pretty amazing. Almost the opposite of most places here that still have naked, scaly dromaeosaurs.

Stegotyranno420

Oh man this is cool.
I cant really recongize lilliensternus because im used to thinking it was a gigantic dilophosaurian looking beast after playing too much Carnivores Triassic

Im really happy that they showed amphicoelias. 1:40 version anyone?

these look very liflike. Nice place

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.