News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Game: LIFE The Evolution Of Life On Earth Series

Started by Oammararak, September 19, 2020, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on April 24, 2021, 08:32:34 PM
So you just got the fish?

The game box is underneath. But yes, I only purchased fish figures.

Still a few to come though. O @Oammararak is it still possible to purchase other figures, since I still have 7 more to come?

Oammararak

avatar_SBell @SBell Yes, you can add more miniatures, Thank you very much.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on April 24, 2021, 09:04:38 PM

And thank you again for this project! I may have gotten other people interested with my posts on Twitter and Facebook...!

Flaffy

Quote from: SBell on April 24, 2021, 09:10:24 PM
Quote from: Oammararak on April 24, 2021, 09:04:38 PM

And thank you again for this project! I may have gotten other people interested with my posts on Twitter and Facebook...!

The more people knowing about this project, the better! Does Darren Naish and Rebecca Groom know about this project? I feel like they're going to like these, given the sheer diversity of obscure fish available.

Also, since you have these in hand; Are there any fishes you can particularly recommend? I've mostly been focusing on the earlier eras, and pretty much neglected the Devonian vertebrates. But after seeing physical copies, I'm tempted to add a few more to my order.

stoneage

Flaffy

Quote from: stoneage on April 25, 2021, 06:12:54 PM
:)  How do you order individual figures?

1) Simply head to this link: https://oumcraft.com/
2) Click "Preorder - LIFE" on the top of the page, you'll see a dropdown menu of game bundles and individual Eras
3) Click on the desired Era, then pick and choose whichever figure you desire

SBell

Quote from: Flaffy on April 25, 2021, 06:29:01 PM

2) Click "Preorder - LIFE" on the top of the page, you'll see a dropdown menu of game bundles and individual Eras

Keep in mind that they will ship from Thailand, so postage is a consideration as well. Not sure what it would be like for just some figures.

And I am working on organization and photos now. I'll give my opinions soon.

But I definitely recommend at least one conodont and several acanthodians. Brochoadmones is the best... although avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres mentioned it might be a shark? I haven't found that.
And the lobefins. And proto tetrapods.

stoneage

SBell

Well avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy I did write some up!
https://faunafigures.com/2021/04/26/vault-tales-205-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-1/

Just the Ordovician and Silurian. There's a lot! I'll cover the Devonian later this week

Bokisaurus

Oooo they look absolutely amazing! Very nice to see photos of them 😃

Flaffy

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 26, 2021, 02:42:57 PM

Seconded. Thanks for doing detailed write-ups and pictures! The intricate details on these guys are is amazing ;D

Question: Does the Climatius have paired ventral fins/spines? Or are they a single row similar to the other existing Climatius figure.

SBell

Quote from: Flaffy on April 26, 2021, 03:04:18 PM

Seconded. Thanks for doing detailed write-ups and pictures! The intricate details on these guys are is amazing ;D

Question: Does the Climatius have paired ventral fins/spines? Or are they a single row similar to the other existing Climatius figure.

I actually totally forgot to check!

I will look when I'm home later

stoneage

:)  Hopefully people can rate these on the Dinotoycollector soon and review them on the Dinosaur Toy Blog!

Oammararak

avatar_SBell @SBell Thank you for your review. Can I use your review in Kickstarter Update? = [review from backer]

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thank you. I'm glad people like these.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on April 26, 2021, 08:30:51 PM
avatar_SBell @SBell Thank you for your review. Can I use your review in Kickstarter Update? = [review from backer]

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Thank you. I'm glad people like these.

Of course you may! O @Oammararak

SBell

Quote from: SBell on April 26, 2021, 04:09:12 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 26, 2021, 03:04:18 PM

I actually totally forgot to check!

I will look when I'm home later

To update--the Climatius ventral spines are not paired (although most of them would be obscured by the rockwork base. They are paired on the Brochoadmones but it's a little larger and easier to depict.

SBell

And for those who have been itching to see more, part 2! The Devonian (and Carboniferous)
https://faunafigures.com/2021/04/29/vault-tales-206-run-the-set-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-2/

I love them and can't wait for the last ones to arrive! I've said it before, I'll say it again O @Oammararak your work is amazing.

Flaffy

Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 05:01:43 PM
And for those who have been itching to see more, part 2! The Devonian (and Carboniferous)
https://faunafigures.com/2021/04/29/vault-tales-206-run-the-set-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-2/

I love them and can't wait for the last ones to arrive! I've said it before, I'll say it again O @Oammararak your work is amazing.

Thanks for another detailed entry! Do you have a front-view pic of Campbellodus?

Also, any plans to add some more "Ostracoderms" into your collection? I highly doubt any other company would bother making such obscure yet fascinating fish (other than the usual cephalaspis, and the occasional hemicyclaspis).

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on April 25, 2021, 07:39:21 PM

Keep in mind that they will ship from Thailand, so postage is a consideration as well. Not sure what it would be like for just some figures.

But I definitely recommend at least one conodont and several acanthodians. Brochoadmones is the best... although avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres mentioned it might be a shark? I haven't found that.

I did? Maybe I called it a stem-shark or stem-chondrichthyan, but that's likely true of all acanthodians.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 30, 2021, 01:11:52 PM
Quote from: SBell on April 25, 2021, 07:39:21 PM

I did? Maybe I called it a stem-shark or stem-chondrichthyan, but that's likely true of all acanthodians.

Maybe that's what it was... I couldn't find the comment, but it makes sense.

Quote from: Flaffy on April 30, 2021, 08:22:41 AM
Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 05:01:43 PM

Thanks for another detailed entry! Do you have a front-view pic of Campbellodus?

Also, any plans to add some more "Ostracoderms" into your collection? I highly doubt any other company would bother making such obscure yet fascinating fish (other than the usual cephalaspis, and the occasional hemicyclaspis).

I might. Depending on what falls in as ostracoderms. I have other 'agnathans' but not sure what they are.
And I will get a Campbellous view for you

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: