News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Game: LIFE The Evolution Of Life On Earth Series

Started by Oammararak, September 19, 2020, 12:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

Thanks for posting your pictures avatar_SBell @SBell  - they really are fantastic little figures. I agree that O @Oammararak is an amazingly talented sculptor as well as a bright entrepreneur.

Looking forward to receiving my figures including the Conodont, have never seen any company bother making that before, despite their ubiquity as teeth in the fossil record.

I went for a range of species and eras including Marella, Tiktaalik and Cooksonia. Again, have never heard of a figure made of that last one, can't wait for them to arrive 🙂

Oammararak

avatar_SBell @SBell avatar_Crackington @Crackington  and everyone.

Thank you for your support to make this project live.  :)

I'm fixing some miniatures now.

Flaffy

Quote from: Oammararak on May 01, 2021, 02:04:06 AM
I'm fixing some miniatures now.

O @Oammararak Did something happen to the moulds? :-[

SBell

Quote from: Flaffy on April 30, 2021, 08:22:41 AM
Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 05:01:43 PM
And for those who have been itching to see more, part 2! The Devonian (and Carboniferous)
https://faunafigures.com/2021/04/29/vault-tales-206-run-the-set-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-2/

I love them and can't wait for the last ones to arrive! I've said it before, I'll say it again O @Oammararak your work is amazing.

Thanks for another detailed entry! Do you have a front-view pic of Campbellodus?

Also, any plans to add some more "Ostracoderms" into your collection? I highly doubt any other company would bother making such obscure yet fascinating fish (other than the usual cephalaspis, and the occasional hemicyclaspis).

Here you go:

With Holopterygius on the left, Brochoadmones in the centre and Campbellodus on the right (because 3s balance better)

As for other figures...I think I would need the Cooksonia just because weird plant.

For 'ostracoderm' species...it's more like a grade than anything. For taxa I already had:

Arandaspis
Doryaspis
Drepanaspis
Pteraspis
Pituriaspis
Cephalaspis
Hemicyclaspis
Hoelaspis
Tauraspis

Although there's a few other tempting ones! But it felt like I had enough until I actually got them...!

Flaffy

Quote from: SBell on May 01, 2021, 05:18:24 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on April 30, 2021, 08:22:41 AM
Quote from: SBell on April 29, 2021, 05:01:43 PM
And for those who have been itching to see more, part 2! The Devonian (and Carboniferous)
https://faunafigures.com/2021/04/29/vault-tales-206-run-the-set-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-2/

I love them and can't wait for the last ones to arrive! I've said it before, I'll say it again O @Oammararak your work is amazing.

Thanks for another detailed entry! Do you have a front-view pic of Campbellodus?

Also, any plans to add some more "Ostracoderms" into your collection? I highly doubt any other company would bother making such obscure yet fascinating fish (other than the usual cephalaspis, and the occasional hemicyclaspis).

Here you go:

*snip*

With Holopterygius on the left, Brochoadmones in the centre and Campbellodus on the right (because 3s balance better)

As for other figures...I think I would need the Cooksonia just because weird plant.

For 'ostracoderm' species...it's more like a grade than anything. For taxa I already had:

Arandaspis
Doryaspis
Drepanaspis
Pteraspis
Pituriaspis
Cephalaspis
Hemicyclaspis
Hoelaspis
Tauraspis

Although there's a few other tempting ones! But it felt like I had enough until I actually got them...!

Thanks again for the pic! Definitely tempted to add a few more of these onto my order now. They're just so cute.
Was Campbellodus's head really that wide in life? I couldn't find any concrete information that specifically describes cranial dimensions.

For the jawless fish, I personally got quite a few of them. I'm a sucker for primitive agathans, and this series was really a godsend to satisfy my desire for plastic figures of these basal fish.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Flaffy on May 01, 2021, 08:31:05 PM

For the jawless fish, I personally got quite a few of them. I'm a sucker for primitive agathans, and this series was really a godsend to satisfy my desire for plastic figures of these basal fish.

Same. A couple of Cephalaspis and one Hemicyclaspis in the universe, a couple others by Yowie or Diramix, but otherwise nothing for a couple of hundred known genera. It's the best thing to happen for fish fans in a long time.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 09, 2021, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 01, 2021, 08:31:05 PM

Same. A couple of Cephalaspis and one Hemicyclaspis in the universe, a couple others by Yowie or Diramix, but otherwise nothing for a couple of hundred known genera. It's the best thing to happen for fish fans in a long time.

I am pretty sure I will be adding several to my order (I should do that soon). Plus maybe some spares of my favorites; I don't like painting if I only have one, but there's a few I might like to give it a go on.

Also, I finally got the kids (13 & 17, not exactly children) to sit down and play with me. There were a few aspects that took us a bit of re-reading and play video watching to get but it seems to work well. I did try and read through in advance of the printing, but without the game in front of me it didn't really click.

O @Oammararak There's a few aspects that need some clarifying or further details, especially in the attack sequences (mostly in the order of attacks, and when/if counters happen). Also, there might need to be some further details regarding starting in later eras instead of beginning at 1--especially regarding bonuses and upgrades. We just jumped into adventure mode with era 2 (my daughter's namesake era!) and could never get past evolving into silver-level species (partially because I think we were attacking/counter-attacking wrong). We'll give it another go from the start and see if it clears things up for us.

I will say that the quality of the tokens works really well for the game (rather than using the figures). In retrospect, having the figures for the 'start of life' characters would be nice, since they would stand out (are those available to order?).

Oammararak

If you start with Ers-2 or high era.
The trick of the game is you need to eat the collect bronze coins first (one-star characters) aim for the natural skill (- Green skill) It will not attack you back. You collect bronze for rebirth.
*Hunt for the more HP character first. You need to evolve to them. That will make gameplay easy. You can heal HP in the green plant area.
When you have more bronze coins, next you need to aim for the Silver coins (2-stars character). The silver coin has the skill to attack by order. Then you can kill Gold coins by silver character level easily.

The arrow is the attack order, always attacked first in the attack phase, then it or you will attack back.
   -   (Neutral skill) is like bait or food, You can hunt it, It can not attack back, * If you attack player with - skill, the player can counter attack.
   -   Player with neutral skill attack the A, P, D  these characters will attack you first, then you can do the counter-attack to beat them. You can use a bonus to boost your attack or add skill to your characters.
A  --->  P       (A is aggressive use to hunt P poison)              aggressive character is attacking fast more than poison character will do.
P  --->  D       (P is poison use to hunt the D defense)            Poison character uses Physic attack and bonus position to attack the defense character, It is too slow to attack first.
D ---->  A       (D is defense use to hunt the A aggressive)    defense character use to hunt or lure the A characters. It was alway defense itself from the aggressive character then (A) can attack back.

Era-2 will have a plant with a bonus under it. Use your character with Eat-plant skills to eat it. You always attack the plant first. Without eat-plant skill, you can not attack plants. It is a trap to hunt you.

It is too dangerous for the beginner to start at Era-2. It is like you jump into a dangerous zone.
Era-1: The most character is design for safety for all player, the beginner player can hunt for fun and learn to fight with Gold character, it has the skill to attack you first.
Era-2: you learn to collect the life to rebirth now, it is time to fight with skill character in 2-stars and 3-stars is very strong.
Era-3: You need more luck if you don't have a character from the past to play.

The key of adventure mode is you no need to kill all Gold coin. When Era-coin empties from a bag that you will go to the next era.  The game will have a lot of different situations up to the behavior of all players.

For the origin characters and event I will make it when everything is ok, now is very busy to make the mold and cast these miniatures.

Have fun.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on May 09, 2021, 08:28:58 PM

If you start with Ers-2 or high era.
The trick of the game is you need to eat the collect bronze coins first (one-star characters) aim for the natural skill (- Green skill) It will not attack you back. You collect bronze for rebirth.
*Hunt for the more HP character first. You need to evolve to them. That will make gameplay easy. You can heal HP in the green plant area.
When you have more bronze coins, next you need to aim for the Silver coins (2-stars character). The silver coin has the skill to attack by order. Then you can kill Gold coins by silver character level easily.

The arrow is the attack order, always attacked first in the attack phase, then it or you will attack back.
   -   (Neutral skill) is like bait or food, You can hunt it, It can not attack back, * If you attack player with - skill, the player can counter attack.
   -   Player with neutral skill attack the A, P, D  these characters will attack you first, then you can do the counter-attack to beat them. You can use a bonus to boost your attack or add skill to your characters.
A  --->  P       (A is aggressive use to hunt P poison)              aggressive character is attacking fast more than poison character will do.
P  --->  D       (P is poison use to hunt the D defense)            Poison character uses Physic attack and bonus position to attack the defense character, It is too slow to attack first.
D ---->  A       (D is defense use to hunt the A aggressive)    defense character use to hunt or lure the A characters. It was alway defense itself from the aggressive character then (A) can attack back.

Era-2 will have a plant with a bonus under it. Use your character with Eat-plant skills to eat it. You always attack the plant first. Without eat-plant skill, you can not attack plants. It is a trap to hunt you.

It is too dangerous for the beginner to start at Era-2. It is like you jump into a dangerous zone.
Era-1: The most character is design for safety for all player, the beginner player can hunt for fun and learn to fight with Gold character, it has the skill to attack you first.
Era-2: you learn to collect the life to rebirth now, it is time to fight with skill character in 2-stars and 3-stars is very strong.
Era-3: You need more luck if you don't have a character from the past to play.

The key of adventure mode is you no need to kill all Gold coin. When Era-coin empties from a bag that you will go to the next era.  The game will have a lot of different situations up to the behavior of all players.

For the origin characters and event I will make it when everything is ok, now is very busy to make the mold and cast these miniatures.

Have fun.

That's kind of what I thought. I think the big stumbling block for me might be not starting with at least one bonus/upgrade (as a house rule, we might do that if we start at era 2 etc)

Oammararak

avatar_SBell @SBell  You can start with Gold character from the past.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on May 09, 2021, 10:54:47 PM

O @Oammararak my last figures arrived, and they are of course brilliant (sorry, I haven't been organized enough to get photos yet). I have to say, the fine detail work on the Zosterophyllum, as an example, is amazing (yeah, I had to get me at least one plant...)

And I appreciate the models of the 'start' figures; something good to practice my painting before even considering it on the bigger figures! Are those based on any actual organism in particular? Some look familiar but it isn't an era/group I am terribly familiar with.

And also, the tokens are neat--do they serve a game purpose? Or just for fun?

Oammararak

Quote from: SBell on August 12, 2021, 04:40:16 AM

O @Oammararak my last figures arrived, and they are of course brilliant (sorry, I haven't been organized enough to get photos yet). I have to say, the fine detail work on the Zosterophyllum, as an example, is amazing (yeah, I had to get me at least one plant...)

And I appreciate the models of the 'start' figures; something good to practice my painting before even considering it on the bigger figures! Are those based on any actual organism in particular? Some look familiar but it isn't an era/group I am terribly familiar with.

Hello the coin is for player base. You need to paint  the coun base.

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on August 12, 2021, 11:51:38 AM

Of course!

Are the proto animal models based on any particular fossil organisms?

Oammararak

Quote from: SBell on August 12, 2021, 01:12:36 PM

Of course!

The concept of the Origin character is about the beginning of the cell and evolves to the first basic character that is showing as the bronze coin.
The concept model is from here. [Origin of life discovery]

https://www.google.com/search?q=origin+of+life&rlz=1C1CHBF_thTH926TH926&sxsrf=ALeKk03o8Awla-U1W-gUiJOQY7YyjgtQGQ:1628823363217&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=D2I2ajFhiiCDSM%252CI6XmHmrqOrWU5M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSeOnQe8eeH8ieMGcQAHP3AbaW5Gw&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi8iN3v_6zyAhVz_7sIHSgUAK0Q_h16BAgyEAE#imgrc=D2I2ajFhiiCDSM

SBell

Quote from: Oammararak on August 13, 2021, 03:59:17 AM
Quote from: SBell on August 12, 2021, 01:12:36 PM

Of course!

The concept of the Origin character is about the beginning of the cell and evolves to the first basic character that is showing as the bronze coin.
The concept model is from here. [Origin of life discovery]

https://www.google.com/search?q=origin+of+life&rlz=1C1CHBF_thTH926TH926&sxsrf=ALeKk03o8Awla-U1W-gUiJOQY7YyjgtQGQ:1628823363217&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=D2I2ajFhiiCDSM%252CI6XmHmrqOrWU5M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSeOnQe8eeH8ieMGcQAHP3AbaW5Gw&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=2ahUKEwi8iN3v_6zyAhVz_7sIHSgUAK0Q_h16BAgyEAE#imgrc=D2I2ajFhiiCDSM

I get it. And those models really capture the appearance of the images in the video. Thanks!

Flaffy

SBell

Quote from: Flaffy on September 16, 2021, 05:21:41 PM
Another fantastic "Vault Tales" blog post by avatar_SBell @SBell on many more figures in the line.

Link: https://faunafigures.com/2021/09/09/vault-tales-244-run-the-set-oumcraft-life-game-figures-part-3/

Thanks for putting that up! I totally forgot to do that!
For the record, I love these little figures...! Thanks O @Oammararak

Faelrin

Glad to see how amazing these look. Could be a while before I can see my order in hand (I still owe shipping unfortunately), but I know it will be well worth it. I'm not even fazed by them being unpainted, as I'm still to this day glad to see someone take their hand at so so many of these neglected extinct animals.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoToyForum

I may have missed this upthread, so please point me in the right direction if so, but are the identifications for the creatures in the "My Species Expansion" gift set (pictured here) listed anywhere?

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 22, 2021, 11:15:53 AM
I may have missed this upthread, so please point me in the right direction if so, but are the identifications for the creatures in the "My Species Expansion" gift set (pictured here) listed anywhere?

I don't see a picture...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: