News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2021

Started by Dinoxels, September 24, 2020, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

The ceratosaurus eye looks a bit humanized, childish. The slight pronation of the wrists does not seem correct to me, the figure is a bit ungainly and somewhat disproportionate. I understand that the legs are correct inside what fits they are not clown legs although the figure has to be held with the tail.

The unavoidable seam of the jaw makes this figure ugly, but on the other hand the painting is fine, I see it within what is conservative on the other hand the figure is very detailed and without a doubt it is a total improvement with respect to its "retro" figure from more than twenty years ago. In terms of the sculpted head it is within the acceptable range although it could be improved.

Dinoxels

Completely forgot to share these images I found, I am about to update the original post with them. They are higher quality versions of the original promotional images, but I couldn't find one for the Cerato.

The Mosasaurus looks even worse.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

PrimevalRaptor

Can't wait to see the Kapro in hand, probably the most promising one of the bunch.
And while the Mosasaurus still has some charme...that green is much worse than the first images, hope it's more subdued in-hand.

Nanuqsaurus

The Mosasaurus looks like one of those Crystal Palace Iguanodon/Megalosaurus statues but with fins instead of legs.

Wallnut

Every year schliech gives us 2 good 2 ok and 1  garbage figurine this years garbage figurine is mosasaurus I get ceratosaurus,kaprosuchus,apatosaurus and if pachcy looks good in person I buy it but if it looks terrible this year we have 2 garbage figurine I want to see the jetpack training set but I know they include a man with jetpack and some pterasurs.

paleochris

For me the last really good figure from Schleich was the Diabloceratops of 2019. Since then, their figures have been ugly, often on tripods, sometimes grotesque.  Honestly, no 2021 figure makes me want to buy it, they are totally outdated compared to the PNSO unless the goal of his collection is to collect all the toys ok, but if you like the "museum" side and scientific esthetics, Schleich doesn't have any chance.

terrorchicken

I still need to pick up that diabloceratops, the last dino figure I really liked of theirs that I actually own is the kentrosaurus.
What would you all consider to be their last good theropod? I really dont like that blue baryonyx. I guess the brown spinosaurus? Id like at least one decent theropod to go with their kentro and diablo.

SidB

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 09, 2020, 08:10:59 PM
I still need to pick up that diabloceratops, the last dino figure I really liked of theirs that I actually own is the kentrosaurus.
What would you all consider to be their last good theropod? I really dont like that blue baryonyx. I guess the brown spinosaurus? Id like at least one decent theropod to go with their kentro and diablo.
For me its a larger scale figure, the Oviraptor, a decent sculpt, though the paint job could be upgraded.

Gwangi

Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2020, 08:56:00 PM
For me its a larger scale figure, the Oviraptor, a decent sculpt, though the paint job could be upgraded.

I would agree with that. But I honestly like their latest T. rex and juvenile T. rex. I know, I know, but I can't help it. Don't forget the Schleich Psittacosaurus too. Not a theropod but easily one of their best figures ever.

SidB

Quote from: Gwangi on December 09, 2020, 10:36:38 PM
Quote from: SidB on December 09, 2020, 08:56:00 PM

I would agree with that. But I honestly like their latest T. rex and juvenile T. rex. I know, I know, but I can't help it. Don't forget the Schleich Psittacosaurus too. Not a theropod but easily one of their best figures ever.
Well, I didn't care for the adult a whole lot, at first, myself. But it's really grown on on me. It's kind of idiosyncratic in several ways, but I have to admit, I like it too. I like the feel of it in hand especially - texture and balance and the head has an imposing appearance, maybe in part because of its size and proportions. It does make a neat combo with the juvenile. When I recently got around to culling out the Schleichs that I no longer wanted, these two were keepers.

Wallnut

I dont care scientfic accuracy a lot I care detail but I buy new 4 out of 5 of the schleichs this year pachy isnt bad also their mosaurus is better then carnegie mosasaurus
also Schleich can be found everywhere so searching for them is not problem my favorite is company schleich. The new kaprosuchus in my opinion beats all kaprrosuchus in the market.

PrimevalRaptor

It doesn't hold up perfectly well with the new tail and all (though it does have a slightly broader tail) but I still like their most recent Spinosaurus a lot, the teeth are a bit rough but it's a neat model and no knuckle walker. Should also fit in nicely with the Kentro and Diablo, colorwise and all.
The Baryonyx isn't bad compared to their other stuff, but it somehow never fully convinced me.

terrorchicken

a lot of their figures have okay sculpts but look worse b/c of the colors. That's why I decided against the psittaco, I like the sculpt but then I saw a few in hand pics and that tree frog green is just too garish for me. Same with the dull blue colored oviraptor, its like they couldn't bother to finish painting it.

Dont like their last Trex either but yeah their juvie rex aint bad....feel the same thing with the giganotosaurus and juvie giganoto...funny how the juveniles make better looking adults than the cartoonishly monstery adults.

Dinoxels

The first couple of these releases are now Everything Dinosaur.  I also added a newer better quality image of the Ceratosaurus to the first post.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Wallnut

İf you see schleich pterosaurs schleich has a lot of inaccurate pterosaurs but we now have accurate 2 new pterosaurs they come with sets Tapejera imperator (Tupandactylus) comes with helicopter wich is 30 pound  and tupuxara 15 pound comes with a jetpacked man.Pterosaurs look accurate to me but for a big sauropod price they dont deserve this price for a child set I think its a good toy I pick up them soon as poosible but I need safari bary first.

Wallnut

Quote from: paleochris on December 09, 2020, 12:13:30 AM
For me the last really good figure from Schleich was the Diabloceratops of 2019. Since then, their figures have been ugly, often on tripods, sometimes grotesque.  Honestly, no 2021 figure makes me want to buy it, they are totally outdated compared to the PNSO unless the goal of his collection is to collect all the toys ok, but if you like the "museum" side and scientific esthetics, Schleich doesn't have any chance.
Schleich gave us the most accurate tupuxara and tapejera imperetor so they have chance.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Triton TR on December 17, 2020, 07:01:00 AM
Schleich gave us the most accurate tupuxara and tapejera imperetor so they have chance.Your a schleich hater.

Please don´t immediately call someone who wrote his meaning in a decent way "hater".

Wallnut

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 17, 2020, 09:02:29 AM
Quote from: Triton TR on December 17, 2020, 07:01:00 AM
Schleich gave us the most accurate tupuxara and tapejera imperetor so they have chance.Your a schleich hater.

Please don´t immediately call someone who wrote his meaning in a decent way "hater".
Ok I fix it dont ban me.

Libraraptor

You won´t be banned. I was just nipping things in the bud.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 17, 2020, 11:07:39 AM
You won´t be banned. I was just nipping things in the bud.

I'm overruling avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor on this. What avatar_Wallnut @Triton TR said is clearly a violation of rule 1 and we just can't stand for it, otherwise that sort of behaviour, minor as it is, will become normalised, creep back in, and could snowball.  C:-) 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: