News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Brilliant as always, Martin.  Compare and contrast the Rader Acro I just posted in my new collections thread, there are more shots on my old customs thread as well.  I should do a walk-around of this figure eventually, Jon and Steven both did outstanding jobs. Creative-beast, Shane and Galileo all did nice acros as well, although their scale is currently beyond my scope (1:35 is my limit, with a few exceptions). ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lady medusa

Your work is so awesome! I hope one day my work can be atleast close to as cool!
Ive seen your work on deviant art everone of them is just insanely detailed. Im super glad you said where the models came from cause now i can aquire some. Though some of your own dino sculpts should be totally made into kits!

martin garratt

Tylosaurus

Hmm these look great too Martin :)  Although I'd choose the white one over the black one, also like the feathered tail :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool..did you finally get one of your pieces casted ?

postsaurischian

Hm, where have I seen that one before - ah, it's on one of the UMF Models cards :D - Wonderful, you're also a talented sculptor!

martin garratt

A toy now, this is the CollectA Jobaria - with a few modifications.

ihatefeathers144

Awesome work Martin, that's the only real way to display that figure!

Tylosaurus

@ ihatefeathers144 +1 I fully agree man! 8)

That dino looks realistic with that color scheme and then that tree which it is pushing down to get the green from it's unreachable tops, just another brilliant repaint  8)

0onarcissisto0

Holy cow, I love that Jobaria! AmAZiNG!
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the pose ,paint and mods..but it would have been cool to see the chest built up a bit more though I think :

mmfrankford

Wonderful paint and sculpts, but it's the wonderful and realistic landscapes that bring to life these models. I would love a detailed how-to on creating the bases, especially the foliage and trees.  :))

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: mmfrankford on March 28, 2012, 01:42:04 PM
Wonderful paint and sculpts, but it's the wonderful and realistic landscapes that bring to life these models. I would love a detailed how-to on creating the bases, especially the foliage and trees.  :))

I might be able to help you out with that. Martin had once done a step-by-step how-to on creating his dioramas. It was under Weekly Garrettizations on the dinotoyforum version 1. I saved the link since I thought it would come in handy later on.

http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=art&action=print&thread=3831
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Roktman

Lady medusa

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on March 28, 2012, 03:59:28 PM

I might be able to help you out with that. Martin had once done a step-by-step how-to on creating his dioramas. It was under Weekly Garrettizations on the dinotoyforum version 1. I saved the link since I thought it would come in handy later on.

I tried to check this link out but unfortinately most of the photos were not working. I kinda have an idea how to do the bases but still curious about the plants.

martin garratt

This next one is: Monolophosaurus sculpted by Jorge Blanco
I got fed up with my original build up, so I've closed the mouth and done a few more altererations to it, repainted and re-based it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job Martin. I've been tempted to get that piece myself on more than one occasion.

What frustrated you about the older pose so much ?

martin garratt

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 05, 2012, 11:26:49 PM

What frustrated you about the older pose so much ?

I closed the mouth because I thought the head looked way too big; I repositioned the legs, straightened
the tail, lowered the head, to give it a more horizontal position (I thought it looked like a ballet dancer)

Martin

postsaurischian

Quote from: Lady medusa on March 30, 2012, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on March 28, 2012, 03:59:28 PM

I tried to check this link out but unfortinately most of the photos were not working. I kinda have an idea how to do the bases but still curious about the plants.

Maybe this is a better link: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=art&thread=3831&page=12#113684

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: