News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Garratt-ization continues.......

Started by martin garratt, March 17, 2012, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Stunning!  8)
I wish I had more Garratt's works...  ::)

DinoLord

Beautiful works. Martin has been a great enabler for my collection. To those of us outside the UK now may be a good time to take advantage of the recently favorable exchange rates - I certainly did!

Dinomike

Amazing dioramas! A well deserved prize!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for sharing your photos, that's a wonderful collection.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: DinoLord on July 02, 2016, 07:48:27 PM
To those of us outside the UK now may be a good time to take advantage of the recently favorable exchange rates

Yes, for now....
But the exchange rates will rise up soon.
When there will be a Customs tax for an outside EU country, for European collectors will be less expensive ordering from Germany than UK..  :-\
Very sad.  :'(

postsaurischian

Martin has just returned from this year's Wonderfest, Kentucky.
   :) Once again he won 2 Gold awards - with the two models shown below.

They were both scratch built;
   he cut the shape out of urethane foam, then sculpted over with milliput.

pictures © by Marilyn Price

Diplocaulus

Cymbospondylus

Mini Minmi

OH wow they are both absolutely gorgeous! I especially love how the eyes follow you on the diplocaulus and all those little details like the fishes and crustacean. The cymbospondylus has a more sober base but its paint job is out of this world.

ceratopsian

Jose S.M.

Both are great, I like the Diplocaulus the most and those little fishes are cute.

Halichoeres

The insect nymph and the fishes on the base of the Diplocaulus really make it for me. Beautiful.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Today Marilyn Price, Martin Garratt' assistant, wrote a sad post on Facebook:

" REGARDING COMMISSIONS - Please read:
As some of you may already know, Martin has been experiencing severe joint pains, (in all joints) for over 6 months now. Some days it is so bad he can't even use a knife and fork, let alone mix milliput, use his airbrush or hold a paintbrush which is extremely frustrating for him.
He has been undergoing numerous tests and this week the Doctor called him in and told him that it is Rheumatoid Arthritis and has booked him in to see a Rheumatologist as soon as possible.
The purpose of this post is to let people know that Martin will be unable to accept any further new commissions for the foreseeable future, or at least until they can maybe stabilise the pains enough for him to paint comfortably.
He is still working on all his many current commissions but at a very much slower pace than normal so we would ask anyone who currently has any commissions with Martin to please bear with us until normal service can hopefully be resumed.
Thank you all for your patience.
Marilyn
"

Of course I don't know Mr. Garratt personally but, as a collector of Martin' wonderful works, I really hope he will get well soon.
For sure he's a great artist.
Wishing to Mr. Garratt all the best..

__

ceratopsian

I read this with sorrow too. I hope the doctors are able to help him.

Dinoreplicas

Terrible news, hope he can make some kind of recovery. Found his work on Deviantart a few years ago and ever since I've been an admirer of his awesome modelling and painting skills.

stegosauria

I don't know Martin Garratt but saw his works in the forum. I just wanted to give some advice that he can use (if somebody familiar with him and kindly send it to him). I don't suffer from anything like arthritis but probably walnut leaf tea could reduce the pain by reducing inflammation in the whole body. I don't say he doesn't take any medication but this could be still useful besides them. The best if he drinks it 3-4 times a week. If he drinks it daily after 6 weeks there have to be a 6 week pause.

In Hungary if the elder can afford they go somewhere into a geothermal bath- we are lucky because in Hungary there are many geothermal sites and most of them (if not all) have healing properties (in Hungarian we actually call them healbath). And in Budapest there are many thermal baths.

So I can't really help with UK thermal baths but I can help with the Hungarian ones any time if Martin would like to take a trip here.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.