News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That Mamenchisaurus looks really good, assuming the size Everything Dinosaur posted, it looks like I can replace the PNSO Mamenchisaurus and its space consuming box with this much more accurate model. That is pleasing.
The Kamuysaurus is also extremely pleasing. I was expecting the next Japanese dinosaur to be another Fukui island brother, probably Fukuititan  but I am more interested in this gorgeous Hadrosaur and look forward fo adding it to my collection. Those colours look great on a Hadrosaur.
And the fewer reminders that the Tsintaosaurus figure exists would be nice lol
I am not interested in the corpse but it is quite interesting and yes if only they had a dead pterosaur we could have dead versions of all the dinosaurs (and relatives) that appeared in the 1970s Doctor Who story Invasion of the Dinosaurs. No reason whatsoever why I would mention this fact aside from the fact that I could do something with that...
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Eocarcharia

Another little-represented ornithopod is always welcome. Man, I really need to catch up on CollectA's figures.

Quote from: Loon on November 08, 2020, 08:48:52 PM
Everything Dinosaur posted a video where the revealed figures are discussed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYK75YKa38&t=29s
Interestingly, there are some silhouettes in the thumbnail, I wonder if these are teases at what's to come. Probably not, I'm pretty sure one of them is just the old Wild Safari Brachiosaurus.
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 09, 2020, 02:16:40 AM
One of these is the older Safari Brachiosaurus and another is the Replica Saurus Pteranodon so not likely.
The plesiosaur looks like their Hydrotherosaurus too.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I haven't bought an CollectA Corpse until now, and am am looking at them in Onlineshops but i think i would prefer a more.. eaten up Corpse. I like the Idea of bringig Corpses to the market, but i would love to create somekind of a feast. Also, i guess it is a big to large for me. But i love the Idea. Also, that they are going with the same Paintschemes as their living counterparts.

Justin_

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 09, 2020, 06:24:07 PM
........we could have dead versions of all the dinosaurs (and relatives) that appeared in the 1970s Doctor Who story Invasion of the Dinosaurs. No reason whatsoever why I would mention this fact aside from the fact that I could do something with that...

I'm old enough to remember that when it was first broadcast. I saw it again a few years ago and, apart from some terrible special effects, it is a genius story, like something John Wyndham might come up with. Classic British science fiction.

Crackington

Yes I remember it too, a real time travel conundrum, with (very) sub-Harryhausen dinos and Robin Hood (??!) menacing London. Brings back great memories!

Loon

I have never really seen Doctor Who, but that sounds like my kind of crazy.

CityRaptor

I am not interested in the corpse but it is quite interesting and yes if only they had a dead pterosaur we could have dead versions of all the dinosaurs (and relatives) that appeared in the 1970s Doctor Who story Invasion of the Dinosaurs. No reason whatsoever why I would mention this fact aside from the fact that I could do something with that...

A dead Pteranodon would also complete the roster of G1 Dinobots!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 10, 2020, 11:54:12 PM

A dead Pteranodon would also complete the roster of G1 Dinobots!

Before they do a dead Pteranodon, they need to replace their old Deluxe one; it's showing its age rather painfully.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If they did a living Pteranodon it would probably be a supreme deluxe instead of one of the smaller species which would be a shame.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Stegotyranno420

is supreme deluxe stem-birds bad idea, according to you folks

Flaffy

Waiting for a Supreme Deluxe 1:1 scale Yi qi, come on CollectA you can do it  ;)

Stegotyranno420

obviously we need a supreme deluxe quetzalcoatlus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Flaffy on November 11, 2020, 01:55:06 AM
Waiting for a Supreme Deluxe 1:1 scale Yi qi, come on CollectA you can do it  ;)

I think that would be a fantastic idea, fingers crossed

Faelrin

I'm honestly surprised CollectA has not done a Yi (or Ambopteryx). They tend to be really quick on making figures of new discoveries. A supreme one would be a delight (if not a larger one from PNSO similar to this year's Microraptor). On that note I'm surprised no one (other then Creative Beast Studio/David Silva) did a Zhenyuanlong yet either. Even PNSO has not yet done one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 11, 2020, 02:28:03 AM
Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 11, 2020, 01:56:52 AM
obviously we need a supreme deluxe quetzalcoatlus
I'd love to see an updated Quetzalcoatlus or Hatzegopteryx from CollectA, especially when it is in a standing pose.
The only reason I didn't buy any of them yet is mostly the outdated way the wings fold.

I might get the old Hatzegopteryx sometime however simply for its colours.

A Yi from CollectA would be fantastic too, the only ones so far are the one by PNSO and the hard to find one by Kaiyodo I think.
And the PNSO one could also have been done better, sometimes its paint job is a bit sloppy with the patagium melting into the twig.
yeah i hope its in the same scale as the dimorphodon

Shonisaurus

I honestly would also like a Yi qi I do not understand also how a yi qi of Supreme Deluxe size has not been made by Collecta I think that this figure would be successful in sales.

Flaffy

1:15 Pteranodon

Megalosaurus

Neovenator

Ceratosaurus blogspot

They started to remake the old versions!!! Thanks Collecta!!

suspsy

Updated the OP. Here's the relevant info:

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2020/11/13/new-collecta-models-2021-part-2.html

My thoughts? All three of these look absolutely freaking fantastic! I don't care how many Pteranodon toys there's been in the past; this one plows over all of them like a bulldozer. The tail tassel is a clever little touch. Colours are great too.

The Megalosaurus was long overdue. Love how its mouth is firmly shut. Same goes for the Neovenator. I have a soft spot for the 2012 Deluxe version, but I'll certainly be snapping this one up as well.

Come to think of it, the original CollectA Megalosaurus toy has yet to get a review on the blog. Hopefully someone will submit one for the sake of completeness.

And now we're back to waiting another week! Hopefully the next reveal will include more non-dinosaurs!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DragonRider02

That Pteranodon is simply FANTASTIC! The colors, the sculpt, I love everything about it! Especially his tail! I have seen many artists draw pterosaur tails like that, but never expected to see it on a toy!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: