News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Minizoo must have been flooded with orders in the past 24 hours because I usually get a shipping notice by this time. Perhaps it'll be later today.

Hopefully this will encourage CollectA to make more prehistoric fish!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

bmathison1972

Quote from: suspsy on August 25, 2021, 03:48:02 AM
My package has shipped! ;D

Mine too! Here comes Xiphactinus, Doedericus, Texas longhorn, Exotic shorthair, beagle, boxer, and donkey!

Blade-of-the-Moon

terrorchicken

I was gonna buy some Collecta figures from Minizoo last night. Not any of the new ones but elasmotherium, gomphotherium, and the mini prehistoric mammals box... they're hard to find all 3 together in stock anywhere else. 2 figures and one mini figure box =$20 shipping to USA!  Why? Is this a covid thing?  :o

stargatedalek

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 25, 2021, 11:35:53 PM
I was gonna buy some Collecta figures from Minizoo last night. Not any of the new ones but elasmotherium, gomphotherium, and the mini prehistoric mammals box... they're hard to find all 3 together in stock anywhere else. 2 figures and one mini figure box =$20 shipping to USA!  Why? Is this a covid thing?  :o
Is that strange to you? That's half what I pay in Canada if I were to have it shipped from the states.

suspsy

Yeah, that sounds like par for the course.

terrorchicken

its been a while since I last bought from Minizoo, I cant remember exactly what I bought but I know it was more than 3 figures/ items maybe 5-6? and I dont recall paying $20 for ship, much less. I know shipping has increased in price especially overseas in the last couple years but...wow.

It just hurts to pay 20 in ship when that could go towards something else. :(

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2021, 12:02:35 AMIs that strange to you? That's half what I pay in Canada if I were to have it shipped from the states.
That sucks. I think that's where Id draw the line at ordering something overseas(unless it was a really heavy or fragile item).  :(

suspsy

The Xiphactinus is back in stock at Minizoo.

bmathison1972

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 26, 2021, 01:41:18 AM
its been a while since I last bought from Minizoo, I cant remember exactly what I bought but I know it was more than 3 figures/ items maybe 5-6? and I dont recall paying $20 for ship, much less. I know shipping has increased in price especially overseas in the last couple years but...wow.

It just hurts to pay 20 in ship when that could go towards something else. :(

Quote from: stargatedalek on August 26, 2021, 12:02:35 AMIs that strange to you? That's half what I pay in Canada if I were to have it shipped from the states.
That sucks. I think that's where Id draw the line at ordering something overseas(unless it was a really heavy or fragile item).  :(

Keep in mind, the prices on Minizoo are AUD; $20 AUD is about $14 USD (a little cheaper)

terrorchicken

I use the US version of the site, its 20 in USD.

Gwangi

The estimated shipping for my package was $10.57 USD, but I'm not ordering a lot or anything particularly large.

Halichoeres

The US enjoys unusually cheap international shipping due to a variety of lopsided trade agreements. While we don't see the costs as consumers, we arguably pay for it in other ways.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

japfeif

Nice surprise in my mailbox this afternoon...my Xiphactinus arrived today, like a month ahead of the estimated delivery time!

Not bad, cost 9 bucks and shipping was like $7.75 from South Korea and I purchased it on Aug. 5, so I was most pleasantly surprised to have it show up today!

Very nice little figure, but I must say it's quite a bit smaller than I was thinking it was, about 6 & a half inches long and maybe 2 inches high. Not sure what I was expecting, but in the pics it sure looked pretty big, and as it's supposed to be a "Deluxe", I  guess I was thinking it was gonna be larger. Not that I'm complaining, those Deluxe figures can be space eaters and I'm happy with the smaller standard figures in general!

Anyway, one more to tick off the "want list" for 2021!  :)

GojiraGuy1954

I hope Everything Dinosaur gets the new CollectAs in soon
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Halichoeres

Quote from: japfeif on August 28, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
Nice surprise in my mailbox this afternoon...my Xiphactinus arrived today, like a month ahead of the estimated delivery time!

Glad to hear it :)

My parcel from MiniZoo turned up last night. Can't wait to unwrap my new goodies.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bread

For anyone who has been looking for CollectA's Mamenchisaurus, it is finally back in stock at Minizoo.

Been waiting for this one for a while, had to order one ASAP!

Happy Hen Toys has this figure for $50 :o
So if anything it is still available there, but to me that price is absolutely ridiculous.

GojiraGuy1954

I have some new CollectA coming from ED
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I've been dying to get the Xiphactinus, but I also want the Wild Past Tethyshadros and don't want to do multiple orders, so I'm stuck waiting until whenever ED gets the Xiphactinus in stock. Anybody know what's taking so long???

Halichoeres

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: