News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA--New for 2021

Started by suspsy, October 20, 2020, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on July 08, 2021, 08:16:16 AM
Just got an email from Minizoo, due to a problem with shipping, the rest of the 2021 releases will be delayed until August. Don't know if this affects other retailers but it's not too long to wait in any case.

Frankly I'm relieved - due to new COVID rules about mandatory checking in to every place you go I finally gave in and got a damn smart phone (never wanted one) so with that and paying some hefty bills I've got s#@* for cash at the moment. So a little break is fine by me.

The Collecta dinosaurs (all the novelties for 2021) I have already ordered, in a physical store so I suppose they will have them available at the end of this year, December-January. If in Minizoo, which is the first physical store, it will take time to market those magnificent figures in August ... I suppose that those of the physical stores, as I have already mentioned, will be delayed until the end of the year. Good news so I save for other things.

Rexy

Got the Neovenator and the Kamuysaurus.
Taking dinosaurs off this island is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas, and I'm gonna be there when you learn that.

Brontozaurus

I received the CollectA Elasmosaurus from Minizoo yesterday. It's pretty cool. I'm impressed by the paint detail on the head; for such a tiny piece they've got its eyes and teeth so carefully painted.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

By the way, when will figures like the pteranodon, xiphactinus, doedicurus or pravitoceras be available? Collecta is lagging globally when it comes to commercializing these expected figures.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Hi Shoni,

German online Stores say, the Figures will become available from August this Year :) We'll have to wait and see.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Kapitaenosavrvs @Kapitaenosavrvs Thank you for the information in the Alcaiceria store. They have told me that all the Collecta figures will be available in September, so we will have to wait. Soon I will publish before I go on vacation photographs of the figures that I have bought in Alcaiceria. :)

Halichoeres

Just got an email from Minizoo, due to a problem with shipping, the rest of the 2021 releases will be delayed until August. Don't know if this affects other retailers but it's not too long to wait in any case.

Frankly I'm relieved - due to new COVID rules about mandatory checking in to every place you go I finally gave in and got a damn smart phone (never wanted one) so with that and paying some hefty bills I've got s#@* for cash at the moment. So a little break is fine by me.

Checking every day...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 09, 2021, 04:46:12 PM

Checking every day...

Same. I want my ammonite and my fish.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DragonRider02

There seems to be issues with stocking CollectA in general, at least in my country. We always had problems with distribution, like some Deluxe figures aren't being imported here at all (all Deluxe 2018 Theropods for example), some get realesed with even over year long delays, some figures are imported then they dissapear, then they reappear few months or years later... It's bizzare.
BUT recently I noticed that all online toy stores just don't have any CollectA restocks, even of figures that were avaiable on the market for years! It's really weird. Also the website of the CollectA distributor has some weird issues with server and I can't access it to keep track of which figures are avaiable and which aren't. It's really annoying, becouse and the end of last year/beggining of current year the distribution actually got better-we got some of the missing realeses from 2018-2020 (and some of even older figures that just dissapeared from distribution for years) and even first of the 2021 realeses. It made me hopefull that I wont have to wait years for that new Pteranodon or pay higher price to get it from abroad...

I really hope it's temporary issue, I really don't want to have to import every single CollectA figure from Germany...

japfeif

Quote from: DragonRider02 on August 09, 2021, 07:09:03 PM
There seems to be issues with stocking CollectA in general, at least in my country. We always had problems with distribution, like some Deluxe figures aren't being imported here at all (all Deluxe 2018 Theropods for example), some get realesed with even over year long delays, some figures are imported then they dissapear, then they reappear few months or years later... It's bizzare.
BUT recently I noticed that all online toy stores just don't have any CollectA restocks, even of figures that were avaiable on the market for years! It's really weird. Also the website of the CollectA distributor has some weird issues with server and I can't access it to keep track of which figures are avaiable and which aren't. It's really annoying, becouse and the end of last year/beggining of current year the distribution actually got better-we got some of the missing realeses from 2018-2020 (and some of even older figures that just dissapeared from distribution for years) and even first of the 2021 realeses. It made me hopefull that I wont have to wait years for that new Pteranodon or pay higher price to get it from abroad...

I really hope it's temporary issue, I really don't want to have to import every single CollectA figure from Germany...

Yeah, I went ahead & ordered the Xiphactinus from a seller in South Korea, said shipping could take a month to the US, but I'd been seeing it for several weeks & passing up on it, hoping it would be available here in the US before long, but I finally got impatient & ordered it (I figure if I'd have gotten it when I first saw it, it might have been here by now!).
I don't normally order overseas, but with things being kind of squirrelly right now, I figured I'd better grab it while I could.

Hope it gets here with no issues!   :-\

Halichoeres

I saw that ebay listing, but I balked when I saw that the seller had a 93% feedback rating.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

japfeif

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 15, 2021, 05:54:40 PM
I saw that ebay listing, but I balked when I saw that the seller had a 93% feedback rating.

Great...NOW you got me worried!!!!   :))   :))

Well hopefully my purchase will be in the 93rd percentile! (I *think* I used that correctly! Lol)

suspsy

Quote from: japfeif on August 16, 2021, 02:16:25 AM

Well hopefully my purchase will be in the 93rd percentile! (I *think* I used that correctly! Lol)

Speaking from experience, even a 100% feedback rating cannot be fully trusted. Thank goodness for eBay's money back guarantee. I reckon I'm going to have to take them up on that in the next week or so.  :-\

And Minizoo still has not restocked as of this morning. :(

Kapitaenosavrvs

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

bmathison1972

Blade-of-the-Moon

just received the notice today about stock, ordered my pteranodons and now i'm done with CollectA 2021 lol

Halichoeres

Xiphactinus and Pravitoceras incoming.

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on August 16, 2021, 02:29:53 PM
Spielzeug-guenstig.de has the new CollectAs in Stock. the Pteranodon was available a few day ago.

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/Toys-CollectA-new-Products-2021.html#Start

I tried this last week, but couldn't find a way to ship to the US. Maybe I missed something. Still, it turned out I didn't have to wait too long for MiniZoo to get them.

Quote from: japfeif on August 16, 2021, 02:16:25 AM

Ha ha I'm sure you'll be fine!

triceratops83

The Xiphactinus is already sold out after only a day - I'm glad I ordered mine straight away. I think that's the quickest I've seen a new figure go.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: