News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takara Tomy - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, November 02, 2020, 02:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Archelon with apparently unspecified ammonite
Dunkleosteus
"eurypterid"

re-release of Ania capsule figures

Ania Deinocheirus, owing a large debt to CollectA's

more Ania JW figures
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on November 08, 2020, 07:04:44 AM
Oooh, an Archelon?

Yes, I think so. I'm hoping that the ammonite is Placenticeras, although knowing Takara Tomy it will just be a generic ammonite.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

indohyus

Do look pretty good. Might have to grab these.

Roar

Want that ammonite for sure :)) looks awesome :D
Onwards to adventure!

JimoAi

I'm the one who found it but anyways, what species is the eurypterid?

cooksonia

TT make OK natural history subjects, not great just OK. Not Kaiyodo/Kitan/Colorata/Yujin type quality

cooksonia

Probably  Pterygotus I would think. Species not usually stated for Japanese mini figures

Flaffy

Quote from: cooksonia on December 21, 2020, 06:21:26 PM
Probably Eurypterus or Pterygotus I would think. Species not usually stated for Japanese mini figures

How would it be Eurypterus? The figure has the long graspers.

Thialfi

The first set was the set of three with the coelacanth, right?

bmathison1972

Any clarification on the eurypterid ID? I suspect Pterygotus but wasn't sure if there was a 'formal' declaration of the intended species.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 24, 2021, 02:43:43 PM
Any clarification on the eurypterid ID? I suspect Pterygotus but wasn't sure if there was a 'formal' declaration of the intended species.

Not yet! And considering that the only information in the image is that it´s an eurypterid, I think they just wanted to make a generic figure who belongs to the clade Pterygotidae.

(However, the tail fan shape makes me believe that they used the Jaekelopterus as a base. But, I can be completely wrong about it).

Halichoeres

Photo in first post updated to higher resolution version.

Quote from: Thialfi on January 06, 2021, 01:32:01 AM
The first set was the set of three with the coelacanth, right?

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi correct, the modern coelacanth, Anomalocaris, and trilobite (possibly Olenoides?).

Quote from: bmathison1972 on January 24, 2021, 02:43:43 PM
B @bmathison1972 I haven't seen anything that specifies (Toy Paradise and Dream Capsule both just say 'eurypterid'). Definitely looks like a Pterygotus or close relative. Any thoughts on S @Smilodon P. Jaekelopterus hypothesis?

Also, I guess this is a dinosaur toy in kind of a meta way:

Halichoeres

Not really a new release, but all the past capsule-size Ania figures are available again:

Do we have a release date on these yet?
That Archelon should be just the right size for my collection if it's the roughly the same size as most other Takara Tomy figures.

Halichoeres

Where can we buy it? I don't see it on Ali Express or eBay

bmathison1972

Halichoeres

I've only seen them available through Japan-only retailers. I expect they'll eventually percolate to eBay, but probably at substantial markups. I don't think there's any reason to think that AliExpress will have them.

brettnj

I can get (and have gotten) these, the earlier sets from this series, and anything else from Japan, and I offer the best prices outside of that country.

This, btw, is the fourth, and consists only of figures (not all) from the previous three sets. The company has also done six modern animal sets in this style.

Please PM if interested.

Thanks.
Brett

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: