News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Beginners luck toyway Ornithocheirus

Started by doedicurious, November 04, 2020, 02:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doedicurious

Started collecting in general around a week ago. I was browsing Facebook marketplace when I saw a 13 week old post that included these two for a bargain price.

Ikessauro

Got any pictures to show? I am happy to know one more Toyway ornithocheirus has made it's way to a collector. Hope I can eventually get mine one day. It seems that the way you are supposed to get one is through cheap bargain finds  ;D

Even though I am willing to pay lots for one, no luck for me. No matter how many ebay listings I go through daily. It's always a matter of being in the right place at the right time.

EDIT: Found the add - And for 25 pounds it's a mighty good start.

Meanwhile: me seeing another person finding one of these Ornithocheirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iM49Cm6YZA&ab_channel=Eucolecionodinossauros

doedicurious

My bad I thought I included the pictures.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro holy moly it also has the liopleurodon and invicta trike!

Ikessauro

D @Wwd.E4.1:57

Great pictures, thanks! Man I envy you so much. I can't believe we are lucky that more and more of these treasures are popping up for sale. But I also can't help but to feel sad I'm not able to find one. After all I have been "only" 10 years on the hunt  ;D :P :-[

If you ever decide to let if go, keep me in mind. ;D, Let me know, no matter how much you decide to sell it for. (I know, there's no reason you would do that... but I have to say it anyway).

CityRaptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno on November 04, 2020, 04:28:12 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro holy moly it also has the liopleurodon and invicta trike!

Also the somewhat rare, at least in Europe, JPIII Aqua Attack Spinosaurs.

Congratulations on that haul!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

doedicurious

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 04, 2020, 04:37:18 PM
D @Wwd.E4.1:57

Great pictures, thanks! Man I envy you so much. I can't believe we are lucky that more and more of these treasures are popping up for sale. But I also can't help but to feel sad I'm not able to find one. After all I have been "only" 10 years on the hunt  ;D :P :-[

If you ever decide to let if go, keep me in mind. ;D, Let me know, no matter how much you decide to sell it for. (I know, there's no reason you would do that... but I have to say it anyway).

You'll be the first to know if I ever decide to sell it, good luck on the searching though!

Shonisaurus

D @Wwd.E4.1:57 Honestly the Toyway ornithocheirus is the best ever made by a toy dinosaur brand. I congratulate you on your acquisition. I'm glad you got it and at an acceptable price.

That figure is unattainable for most collectors including British collectors and it's always good news that someone else has it.

Obviously for the price that that four-leaf clover would be sold in the market by some collector (in the case that someone in their unconsciousness and dementia sold that rare unicorn) it would be the price of such magnitude that few people with outstanding purchasing power could bid or acquire..

What I wonder is if one day a company could reissue that figure or if any company in Great Britain echoing forums like ours would dare to produce that figure in a limited way. It would be great news for those of us who are low-income collectors.

I am very glad that you have acquired it. It is a gift of Life that you have obtained. Magnificent pterosaur.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 04, 2020, 05:18:38 PM
D @Wwd.E4.1:57 Honestly the Toyway ornithocheirus is the best ever made by a toy dinosaur brand. I congratulate you on your acquisition. I'm glad you got it and at an acceptable price.

That figure is unattainable for most collectors including British collectors and it's always good news that someone else has it.

Obviously for the price that that four-leaf clover would be sold in the market by some collector (in the case that someone in their unconsciousness and dementia sold that rare unicorn) it would be the price of such magnitude that few people with outstanding purchasing power could bid or acquire..

What I wonder is if one day a company could reissue that figure or if any company in Great Britain echoing forums like ours would dare to produce that figure in a limited way. It would be great news for those of us who are low-income collectors.

I am very glad that you have acquired it. It is a gift of Life that you have obtained. Magnificent pterosaur.

I have considered having a "copy' of one made for myself. But at the same time I don't know if that would be a right thing to do. I know I wouldn't be completely satisfied with something that is not the real deal. But I am sure having some replica of it would make me less anxious to spend a ton of money on the original..

What leads me to ask, If you had to guess: How much would it be sold for now? The only copies of this model that have ever been sold were sold for low amounts in lots, like this bargain found by D @Wwd.E4.1:57

The only one that was ever listed on eBay for what it actually was ended up selling for $500 dollars. That was the starting bid and the buyer was the only person to bid. No other people bid on it, despiste the auction having been posted here on the forum.

This makes me wonder how much would it actually sell for. Back then, when it sold for 500 dollars, that copy was the only one known to exist for sure. Since then at least 4 others have surfaced, now with this one it takes the total number of known copies at 6, if the information I have is right.

Does the knowledge of more copies make it less rare? Or just make it more desireable? Does that increase or decrease it's value? I guess we'll never know untill someone sells one.

Libraraptor

In - cre - di -ble!
Con - grat - u - la - tions!!!

PrimevalRaptor

That is absolutely incredible, congratulations! A Holy Grail for collectors and also the Liopleurodon which is my personal Holy Grail. Take good care of them. :D

ceratopsian

Faelrin

D @Wwd.E4.1:57 My absolute congratulations on finding those. It is good to confirm that there was at least yet one more that was out there and is now in the hands of a collector.

Also welcome to the forum and hobby. Definitely one heck of a way to start off!
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

doedicurious

Thanks! Doubt I'll top this any time soon

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Wwd.E4.1:57 on November 04, 2020, 10:44:40 PM
Thanks! Doubt I'll top this any time soon

Well, who knows... I guess it depends on where your personal collections goals are. For me personally the
Toyway Ornithoceirus is of no interest (as all the other Toyway WWD figures, despite loving the series), but
I probably value some other figures few people are interested in.

That being said, my dear congratulations, it is a great find, either if you want it for your collection permantenly,
or if you ever consider trading it for something - that figure sure is one of the best bases for that :)

stargatedalek

I do believe this makes a total of four with known whereabouts. An impressive find indeed.

Ikessauro

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2020, 01:45:33 AM
I do believe this makes a total of four with known whereabouts. An impressive find indeed.

I heard someone on the forum has multiples of it, three to be exact, thus making this the sixth one.

Halichoeres

Well, that's it, the pinnacle of your collecting career. Nowhere to go but down from here, so you might as well sell this one to me.

But seriously, congratulations, that's a hell of a find.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bluebird2309

Hey there, I own the whole collection of 'Walking With Dinosaurs/ Discovering Dinosaurs' magazines in which this beautiful model originated. It was given away as a 'star prize' as part of a competition for the best artwork, sent to the magazine by children in each issue. The first four issues of the magazines were all about 'Walking With Dinosaurs', then they were renamed 'Discovering Dinosaurs' and they featured various free gifts. They still featured all of the dinosaurs from 'Walking With Dinosaurs' throughout. It ran for a total of sixteen issues and then just stopped, much my disappointment after entering the competition!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: