News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

copper's new repaints /updated April 4th

Started by copper, November 08, 2020, 10:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copper

Long time no see!
Those of you who have questions about my return, may I refer you to my post on the 'members's board' section:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9074.msg271832;boardseen#new

Repainted, slightly modified China copy Styracosaurus
Personal collection.

I found this china copy (Waiphoon maybe) of Battat Styracosaurus on one of our forest walks with my dog.
Someone had chewed on it's horn but I didn't want to fix, I imagined she had been through some scuffles and let her horn show some damage.
Edit:Replaced the cellphone photos with a better photo and the Styraco is proper finished now too.

Newt

Very cool! I like that you left the horn damage, it suggests an interesting history. The coloration is subtle but the pattern is distinctive and appealing; it makes me think of a sparrow, or maybe a cottonmouth.

Patrx

Very nice! I'm a sucker for postorbital stripes, especially on ceratopsids.

Loon

That's very beautiful. I love the coloration you chose. The purple really makes it stand out.

postsaurischian

:D Here we go! The beauty continues at last.

Shonisaurus

It has been great! Those colors make the styracosaurus a very attractive figure.

Reuben03

Phenomenal job, looking forward to seeing more from you!

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

copper

Quote from: Newt on November 08, 2020, 11:23:25 PM
Very cool! I like that you left the horn damage, it suggests an interesting history. The coloration is subtle but the pattern is distinctive and appealing; it makes me think of a sparrow, or maybe a cottonmouth.

Thank you!
Had to check; I based the colors on Namaqua chameleon :)

Megalosaurus

What a long time! Welcome back.
Great natural repaint.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Bokisaurus

Welcome back and glad to see you still repainting figures 😃
I still have that one repaint you did many years ago!😃

copper

Quote from: Megalosaurus on November 12, 2020, 12:10:18 AM
What a long time! Welcome back.
Great natural repaint.

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 12, 2020, 06:22:45 AM
Welcome back and glad to see you still repainting figures 😃
I still have that one repaint you did many years ago!😃

Thank you for your kind words!
And I want to thank evereyone who has taken out the time to comment here! I do read every comment and try to answer when I can  :)

copper

Rebor Velociraptor Spring Heeled Jack 1:18
Repaint and light modification (hid the seams)
Personal collection

Edit: replaced the cellphone photos with a better photo

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Libraraptor

I find this story fascinating: Walking your dog and finding a ceratopsid cheaposaur and then repainting it and upgrading it. Very very cool! I like that raptor, too!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Beautiful work :) And i second Libraraptor: What a Story :D

copper

copper

Cherilea Pterodactyl
Painted for a customer

Cherilea Diplodocus
Painted for a customer

Rest of the Cherileas coming later in a couple of days  :)

UK

They look fantastic. The paintwork has rejuvenated the pterosaur to the point it looks a very modern pose.

Dusty Wren

That Cherilea Diplodocus is a goofy-looking guy, but your paint job makes him look very classy! I think the green/peach color combo is really appealing. For the white spots, did you plan those out, or did you flick a brush at the figure until you got something that looked good?
Check out my customs thread!

postsaurischian

:D  Wonderful colours! Two figures I normally wouldn't take notice of now look very interesting. The pterosaur is adorable.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: