News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd Wishlist 2022

Started by profnik, November 19, 2020, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Shonisaurus

A gallimimus would be great considering that there are very few figures of the so-called ostrich dinosaurs on the toy dinosaur market.

I would like an updated and improved saltasaurus over the old Carnegie version. One more titanosaur to accompany its Malawisaurus counterpart would be great.

GojiraGuy1954

I'd prefer Ornithomimus or Struthiomimus. They could be a part of the Hell Creek line.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

EmperorDinobot

SenSx

I would like a Herrerasaurus too.
Seems to be an underrepresented specie.
The Schleich one is ok, but too big for 1/35 and a bit weird.

Reuben03

Quote from: SenSx on December 06, 2020, 01:56:30 AM
I would like a Herrerasaurus too.
Seems to be an underrepresented specie.
The Schleich one is ok, but too big for 1/35 and a bit weird.
herrerasaurus is literally IRL JP raptor, why has no toy company taken advantage of this? so so cool.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Bernie Brontosaurus

I want a new Tyrannosaurus rex with little or no feathers, Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Majungasaurus, and Falcarius.

Reuben03

Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 14, 2020, 07:47:29 PM
I want a new Tyrannosaurus rex with little or no feathers, Gallimimus, Utahraptor, Majungasaurus, and Falcarius.
yeah we have no good Utahraptor figures as of now.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

TethysaurusUK

Tethysaurus nopcsai
Globidens simplex
Prognathodon currii
Titanoceratops ouranos
Pelagornis sandersi
Homotherium latidens
Thililua longicollis
Hibbertopterus scouleri
Paralititan stromeri
Borealopelta markmitchelli
Carcharodontosaurus saharicus
(redo)
Adratiklit boulahfa
Palaeophis maghrebianus
Varanus priscus
Hypacrosaurus stebingeri

Newt

Quote from: TethysaurusUK on December 21, 2020, 08:33:33 PM
Tethysaurus nopcsai
Globidens simplex
Prognathodon currii
Titanoceratops ouranos
Pelagornis sandersi
Homotherium latidens
Thililua longicollis
Hibbertopterus scouleri
Paralititan stromeri
Borealopelta markmitchelli
Carcharodontosaurus saharicus
(redo)
Adratiklit boulahfa
Palaeophis maghrebianus
Varanus priscus
Hypacrosaurus stebingeri

I like the way you think. I admit I had to look up Adratiklit and Thililua - cool critters.

SenSx

Quote from: Reuben03 on December 14, 2020, 08:01:50 PM
Quote from: Bernie Brontosaurus on December 14, 2020, 07:47:29 PM
yeah we have no good Utahraptor figures as of now.

Safari Deinonychus and Papo Feathered Velociraptors can make somewhat good Uthas, no ?
They scale nicely for that in 1/35.

Sim

avatar_SenSx @SenSx, the Papo feathered Velociraptor really doesn't work as a Utahraptor, Utahraptor looks like this: https://www.deviantart.com/drscotthartman/art/Plunderer-from-Utah-179491659

EmperorDinobot

I'd like more marine reptiles and some prehistoric primates.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Piltdownlong on November 19, 2020, 06:09:57 AM
Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Alioramus — as long as they aren't protofluffy   ;D  And a beefed up T. rex like the new Sue display in my avatar.
qianzhousaurus is lumpable into alioramus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Sim

I'd like Safari to make new versions of Ceratosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.  The current ones have feet that are too big (especially Ceratosaurus), caudofemorals muscles that are too small and the Acro has a shrink-wrapped dorsal ridge which should instead be muscular.  Additionally, Acrocanthosaurus was one of the largest theropods but the current Safari figure is small.  In 2022 it will have been 10 years since the current versions were released, and Doug Watson's models have improved so much in that time.  I'd be happy for new versions to keep the colouration of the current versions as I like them a lot.  I'd like a new Acrocanthosaurus to be in 1:40 or 1:35 scale and a new Ceratosaurus to be the same size as the current version.  I'd also like the Ceratosaurus to represent C. nasicornis again.  The horn area of C. dentisulcatus is unknown and Papo already made a good C. dentisulcatus.

Sim

I'd really like Safari to make a Falcarius without extensive cheeks.  Such a fascinating dinosaur, and one that's important to the evolution of therizinosaurs.  Therizinosaurs are also one of the main missing species in the Wild Safari line, alongside bipedal sauropodomorphs.

suspsy

I'd buy a Falcarius for sure. I'd like to see more small herbivores in general. Hypsilophodon, Thescelosaurus, and Dryosaurus are long overdue.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sim

I forgot to mention this earlier, I'd like a Safari Falcarius to be based on Scott Hartman's skeletal: https://www.skeletaldrawing.com/theropods/falcarius

Loon

I really am hoping we see a 2018 style year from them again real soon. That was the last time when I could say literally every figure was just a home run. That combined with the sheer diversity of releases... So many mammals....

Long shot, I just want an all mammal year. Or honestly, a year with no non-avian dinosaurs. Eryops, Moschops, a new bipedal Postosuchus, Placerias, Hatzegopteryx, Tanystropheus, Colombian Mammoth, Megatherium, any Drepanosaur (preferably Avicranium), or just any species of Terror Bird, are far higher on my want list than another freaking Tyrannosaur or Spinosaur.

A year with that kind of stuff would be crazy, but what kid wants those?

Stegotyranno420

2017 and 2018 were some of the best years, so I also wish for 2017 style lineup and sculpts

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: