News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd Wishlist 2022

Started by profnik, November 19, 2020, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profnik

:D Here the wishlist

Wild Safari Prehistoric World:
Paraceratherium
Tiktaalik
Stygimoloch
Dire Wolf
Hadrosaurus
Dreadnoughtus
Gorgosaurus
Zuul crurivastator
Megaloceros
Yi-Qi

Mythical Realms:
Loch Ness Monster
Mokele-Mbembe

TOOBS:

Extinct Animals Toobs:
Tasmanian Tiger or Thylacine
Dodo Bird
Quagga
Giant Moa
Steller's Seacow
Great Auk
Passenger Pigeon
Javan Tiger

Life Before Dinosaurs Toobs:
Arthropleura
Tiktaalik
Dimetrodon
Gorgonops
Dunkleosteus
Cameroceras
Meganeura
Pterygotus (Sea Scorpion)
Tullimonstrum

T-Rex Toobs:
Daspletosaurus
Qianzhousaurus
Gorgosaurus
Albertosaurus
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Tarbosaurus
Baby T-Rex (Replaced by baby Dino Toobs)
Yutyrannus
Feather T-Rex
Guanlong

Good Luck Mini:
Saber tooth tiger
Trilobite & Ammonite
Mosasaurus

Good Luck Mini Prehistoric Fun Pack:
Woolly mammoth
Velociraptor
Dimetrodon
Saber-tooth Tiger
Mosasaurus
Pterosaurs
Trilobite
Ammonites

Safari Ltd For 2022 next year or in the future.

Bread

Is it too early to be making a wish list? Ahhhh... what the heck...

I really like your list, especially the toobs.
Anyways, here is a few of my hopes and dreams that safari will make for 2022:
1) An updated Tyrannosaurus. Yep, another Tyrannosaurus, but this is due to the fact that no company has yet to produce an updated one. I figure since they were quick to update their Spinosaurus, I would assume they will update their Tyrannosaurus. This means no feathers and the addition of lips.
2) Carcharodontosaurus. An update needed for this species. Been seeing Giganotosaurus being massed produce from every company, and I feel like Carcharodontosaurus has been in the shadows. Their 2015 version (I think that is the year it was made) is alright, but not completely satisfied with it.
3) Protoceratops. Safari definitely has the best ceratopsians. Would love to see a Protoceratops. Honestly I would be happy for any new ceratopsian. Centrosaurus, Pentaceratops, or Albertaceratops. Any of these mentioned would be nice. :D
4) A walking Thalassodromeus would be awesome. I really like Safari's walking Pteranodon, so I am hoping for another pterasaur in a walking/standing upright position. Especially a larger species, compared to their Pteranodon.
5) I know CollectA has already made one for their 2021 line, but I'd like Safari to produce a Megalosaurus. I am kind of disappointed in CollectA's so I am hoping for Safari to make one.
6) A Plateosaurus would be great! I don't think many companies have made this Triassic dinosaur. Would be great to see more Triassic period dinosaurs.

This is only for their main line. Hopefully they plan to make more for their 2022 line, compared to their 2021 line so far.

suspsy

Sure, I'll bite. Any or as many of these would be great.

Jeholosaurus
Jianchangosaurus
Jinfengopteryx
Jinyunpelta
Jobaria
Judiceratops
Juravenator
Qantassaurus
Qiupalong
Utahceratops
Utahraptor
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jose S.M.

I just want fewer theropods unless they are feathered. And more than 3 figures if it's possible.

Piltdown 龍

Albertosaurus, Gorgosaurus, Tarbosaurus, Alioramus — as long as they aren't protofluffy   ;D  And a beefed up T. rex like the new Sue display in my avatar.
By Grace of God Defender of toothy, lipless, featherless tyrannosaurs

triceratops83

Just my usual requests - 1:35 Brontosaurus and/or Alamosaurus, and either a Hypacrosaurus, Corythosaurus or Maiasaura. I thought for sure ONE of these was a shoe-in for this year, but there you go.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shonisaurus

My wishes are as follows:

Paraceratherium
Shonisaurus
Shasthasaurus
Gorgosaurus
Albertosaurus
Torbosaurus
Chasmosaurus
Arrhinoceratops
Anchiceratops
Kosmoceratops
Medusaceratops
Torosaurus
Tsintaosaurus
Hypacrosaurus
Gigantoraptor
Fukuititan
Borealopelta
Megaceros
Sarmientosaurus
Barapasaurus
Rajasaurus
Majungasaurus
Armadillosuchus
Glytodon
Moeritherium
Mastodonsaurus
Pentaceratops
Xiphactinus
Leedsichthys
Muttaburrasaurus
Diplocaulus
Entelodon
Borhyaena
Ptedaustro
Dsungaripterus
Phobetor
Sivatherium
Sinomegaceros
Prolibytherium
Hungarosaurus
Turiasaurus
Dracopelta
Europelta
Yi qi
Ludodactylus

Any of them, even if it were only one, would be an interesting option for Safari when it comes to making new dinosaur figures for 2022.

GojiraGuy1954

Torvosaurus tanneri
Lythronax argestes
Edmontosaurus annectens
Corythosaurus casuarius
Achelousaurus horneri
Metriorhynchus brevirostris
Megatherium americanum
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ceratopsian

Maiasaura
Lystrosaurus

Nothing too obscure!

Takama

Torvosaurus
Heterodontosaurus
Ouranosaurus
Giraffatitan
New Apatosaurus, or a Brontosaurus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I will start off with a very short anti-wishlist which is that I hope there are no more Tyrannosaurids, especially fully scaly ones in the 2022 lineup as both 2020 and 2021 brought us a scaly Tyrannosaurid. I especially do not want to see a Tyrannosaurus itself. (I don't believe they were completely featherless anyway).

My wish list:
Protoceratops in 1:10 scale or roughly to scale with the 2017 Velociraptor. A non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsian would be most welcome, and this is the most likely candidate.
Cotlorhynchus I would really love someone to make a figure of this wonderfully weird and fascinating animal.
Tsintaosaurus another Hadrosaur would be lovely and we could do with an updated (and less phallic) depiction of this animal.
Repenomamus we are very lacking in the Mesozoic mammal department and I think the small amount of publicity around this animal as the 'eater of dinosaurs' makes it the most likely, though still unlikely. I do hope though.
Mononykus or Linhenykus since we technically have the Beasts of the Mesozoic version, I would prefer a Linhenykus, but I understand that if anyone were to risk an Alvarezsaurid it would most likely be be Mononykus, which in any case could do with a good figure.
Eustreptospondylus I think CollectA is more likely to do this one, but I am including it here as an obligatory large-ish scaly carnivorous theropod which will be included, and I'd love to get a nice figure if this British dinosaur.
Panochthus I know this is extremely unlikely, but it is my favourite Glyptodont and I would love a figure of one.
Great Auk might be a bit too recent to include here but I would really love a great auk figure.
Massospondylus I think I bipedal sauropodmorph would be a nice refreshing figure choice.
Steller's sea cow again, as with the great auk, but I'd really love one.
Giraffatitan a big sauropod,  and it would be more affordable than the behemoth that is currently the only 'official' representative of this animal.
Cryolophosaurus and beautifully feathered too, like the Arctic museum one. This has been a dream of mine for the last few years, pretty please.

That will do for now, though I would also like to include Cryodraken, Chasmosaurus, Scelidosaurus, Kulindadromeus and others too. But it is late at night so I will not be writing any more.
The list is not just for next year, bit the next few years really.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 20, 2020, 01:42:58 AM
I will start off with a very short anti-wishlist which is that I hope there are no more Tyrannosaurids, especially fully scaly ones in the 2022 lineup as both 2020 and 2021 brought us a scaly Tyrannosaurid. I especially do not want to see a Tyrannosaurus itself. (I don't believe they were completely featherless anyway).

My wish list:
Protoceratops in 1:10 scale or roughly to scale with the 2017 Velociraptor. A non-Ceratopsid Ceratopsian would be most welcome, and this is the most likely candidate.
Cotlorhynchus I would really love someone to make a figure of this wonderfully weird and fascinating animal.
Tsintaosaurus another Hadrosaur would be lovely and we could do with an updated (and less phallic) depiction of this animal.
Repenomamus we are very lacking in the Mesozoic mammal department and I think the small amount of publicity around this animal as the 'eater of dinosaurs' makes it the most likely, though still unlikely. I do hope though.
Mononykus or Linhenykus since we technically have the Beasts of the Mesozoic version, I would prefer a Linhenykus, but I understand that if anyone were to risk an Alvarezsaurid it would most likely be be Mononykus, which in any case could do with a good figure.
Eustreptospondylus I think CollectA is more likely to do this one, but I am including it here as an obligatory large-ish scaly carnivorous theropod which will be included, and I'd love to get a nice figure if this British dinosaur.
Panochthus I know this is extremely unlikely, but it is my favourite Glyptodont and I would love a figure of one.
Great Auk might be a bit too recent to include here but I would really love a great auk figure.
Massospondylus I think I bipedal sauropodmorph would be a nice refreshing figure choice.
Giraffatitan a big sauropod,  and it would be more affordable than the behemoth that is currently the only 'official' representative of this animal.
Cryolophosaurus and beautifully feathered too, like the Arctic museum one. This has been a dream of mine for the last few years, pretty please.

That will do for now, though I would also like to include Cryodraken, Chasmosaurus, Scelidosaurus, Kulindadromeus and others too. But it is late at night so I will not be writing any more.

I don't see what's wrong with Tyrannosaurids. The Alioramus of 2019 was the first figure of its species, and I think the Daspletosaurus was also.
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

RaptorRex

I agree, there is a shortage of good non-Tyrannosaurus tyrannosaurids, at least from Safari. The Carnegie Albertosaurus is showing its age and they haven't done any other ones I believe until recently.

Wishlist:
Desmatosuchus
Placerias
Scelidosaurus
Sarahsaurus (and an updated Dilophosaurus to go with it, but I realize this is probably not happening anytime soon. A shame the Dilophosaurus happened to be released the year the new paper was published).
Achelousaurus
Stygimoloch
Albertosaurus
Neovenator
Lystrosaurus
Any large phytosaur (Smilosuchus or Leptosuchus perhaps?)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on November 20, 2020, 09:12:42 PM
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 20, 2020, 01:42:58 AM

My wish list:

I don't see what's wrong with Tyrannosaurids. The Alioramus of 2019 was the first figure of its species, and I think the Daspletosaurus was also.
it's that they've done them twice on consecutive years, and fully scaly Tyrannosaurids are only slightly more interesting to me than Allosauroids.
There is the CollectA Daspletosaurus and the PNSO mini Qianzhousaurus but I admit it's not many. And I love both the Safari Daspletosaurus and the Safari Qianzhousaurus, but it would be extremely disappointing for a third consecutive year to be haunted by a fully scaly Tyrannosaurid.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Kapitaenosavrvs

I really do not have big Lists. But, and i am Sorry for this, i want Doug to have them sculpted, because they are always so well researched and with an instant "Yep thats from Doug" Moment.

All i really want is a modern Ichthyovenator, i guess. In an elegant pose.

I love this Reconstruction so much:

BlueKrono

That would be awesome. Ichthyovenator is my favorite dinosaur, and there's only one of them (unless you count the extremely overpriced 3-D printed one you can buy on eBay).
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dinoxels

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Could you rename this to Safari Ltd. 2022 Hopes and Dreams?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 21, 2020, 04:41:28 PM
avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum Could you rename this to Safari Ltd. 2022 Hopes and Dreams?

I could, but why?

Dinoxels

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 21, 2020, 05:31:27 PM

I could, but why?
These threads are usually called that. Sorry, little things like that just bug me lol.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dinoxels on November 21, 2020, 08:01:25 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 21, 2020, 05:31:27 PM

I could, but why?
These threads are usually called that. Sorry, little things like that just bug me lol.

If it matched the usual phrasing of these threads, it would probably be easier for someone to find this thread months from now rather than posting their wishes in a tangentially relevant thread or starting a duplicate thread.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: