News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

S @SidB You make a good point, but I was talking about me slowly realising carcharodontosaurus wasn't a tyrannosaurus dethroning beast of a theropod that wasn't 13-14 meters is kind of making me lose interest in the genus. I mean, its just a normal theropod. You might ask "but Saurophaganax, Veteropristisaurus, Torvosaurus  Lilliensternus, Dilophosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus are all probably smaller and yet you think they are amazing". Thats because they are very old and ancient, and are often underrated despite the fact they can subdue a tyrannosaurus (not sure bout dilopho and lilliensternus tho). Ironically in Paleontology, the newest animals are given most attention. Carcharodontosaurus is now more like a generic african allosauroid rather than what I thought it was. Hopefully either scientists find evidence to back up carcharodontosaurus and other old and underrated theropods, or I get over it entirely. I have this weird awkward opinion maybe because I'm a stupid kid, but that's what I think.

P.S Thanks for the other advice Sid, you are a good friend.

Pachyventer

On the Chinese forum, guys talk about the unvailed PNSO figures. As they say, the next release may be the Stegosaurus 2.0 (expected to be shipped starting June 3). As for the Yutirannus, they say it will be released in late June. Anyway, given that Gamba situation, the terms can easily shift. PNSO — you can never predict 'em ;)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The reason I like Carcharodontosaurus is because of the way John Hurt pronounced it in that documentary. It made me love saying the word.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Quote from: Pachyventer on May 25, 2021, 05:54:10 PM
On the Chinese forum, guys talk about the unvailed PNSO figures. As they say, the next release may be the Stegosaurus 2.0 (expected to be shipped starting June 3). As for the Yutirannus, they say it will be released in late June. Anyway, given that Gamba situation, the terms can easily shift. PNSO — you can never predict 'em ;)

I think it was already known that the Yutyrannus would be available in late June, so it's  no surprise it will be available later than the Stegosaurus. But the Stegosaurus being available on June 3 is some big news! That means that I can at least get two out of the three before the new taxes are in effect in the EU.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 I don't think you can find any 13-14 meter theropod that will dethrone T. Rex. There are some large theropods that rival T. Rex in size but definitely not in weight. But an average length of 12 meters is about as big as these animals could get, and Carchorodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus and Mapusaurus are definitely in that same league as T. Rex. And sure, there are fragmentary remains that tell us these animals could even get bigger and it's not unthinkable that one could reach 13 meters or so in length. But even the most Spinosaurus specimens we now know of are around 11 to 12 meters long, although most of those were probably sub adults.

Speaking of Spinosaurus, just like the Spino Carcharodontosaurus has originally been discovered (in 1914) and first described by Stromer. And just like Spinosaurus, the holotype specimen got destroyed in WW2, only for the species to be rediscovered in 1995. That means that it is by no means a new species. Nor is it a generic boring African theropod, since the African species are very interesting if you ask me. I mean Carcharodontosaurus was an apex predator in the same environment where Spinosaurus lived in. How cool is that?
But today, I'm just being father

KeU

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2021, 05:53:18 PM
You make a good point, but I was talking about me slowly realising carcharodontosaurus wasn't a tyrannosaurus dethroning beast of a theropod that wasn't 13-14 meters is kind of making me lose interest in the genus. I mean, its just a normal theropod. You might ask "but Saurophaganax, Veteropristisaurus, Torvosaurus  Lilliensternus, Dilophosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus are all probably smaller and yet you think they are amazing". Thats because they are very old and ancient, and are often underrated despite the fact they can subdue a tyrannosaurus (not sure bout dilopho and lilliensternus tho). Ironically in Paleontology, the newest animals are given most attention. Carcharodontosaurus is now more like a generic african allosauroid rather than what I thought it was. Hopefully either scientists find evidence to back up carcharodontosaurus and other old and underrated theropods, or I get over it entirely. I have this weird awkward opinion maybe because I'm a stupid kid, but that's what I think.
Stego, I think you are getting too caught up by the whole 'King' title we like to bestow Tyrannosaurs.
Remember that this title is just us humans eager to give superiority to one species of animal over the rest. Like the Lion King cartoon.
But things are never like this in the natural world.
I prefer to enjoy these amazing animals with their incredible adaptations to be apex predators in their respective environments.
These animals have no care of 'Kings' or 'Dethroning'. Just surviving the best they can.
Carcharodontosaurus is still an incredible Theropod. Large and powerful. Being optimized for delivering a barrage of very quick and slashing bites.
And Tyrannosaurus is equally magnificent, be it in a totally different way.

Concavenator

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2021, 05:53:18 PMlike a generic african allosauroid

As if that was a bad thing... Really, I'm just so annoyed to keep seeing messages like this  :( I don't know what's going on with the theropod / carnosaur / allosauroid hate on this forum, I simply don't understand it. If you don't like a certain type of dinosaur, it's fine, but is it necessary to bash a certain group of dinosaurs in almost every thread? :-\

With the excuse of ornithischians being in the shadow of theropods, ornithopods not getting enough attention and so on there's been a clear theropod hate as of late, for some reason, particularly on allosauroids. Personally, theropods are my favorite dinosaurs and for me it's really annoying to keep visiting threads and see: "I want X dinosaur, but they will probably release another allosauroid" "If they release an Acrocanthosaurus, that will be a dark day" "There's more than theropods"... I'm just tired of all of this. Now the trend is saying that everyone wants more ornithopods and that nobody wants theropods. There are some dinosaurs I'm less keen on, and I'm not much into non-dinosaurs, but when one of those is announced, I don't say comments like: "Adding it to my no-to-buy list" "They've announced a non-dinosaur, it's a dark day". I'm not holding my breath to see any change regarding this, but let's be polite to everyone's preferences.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Concavenator on May 25, 2021, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2021, 05:53:18 PMlike a generic african allosauroid

As if that was a bad thing... Really, I'm just so annoyed to keep seeing messages like this  :( I don't know what's going on with the theropod / carnosaur / allosauroid hate on this forum, I simply don't understand it. If you don't like a certain type of dinosaur, it's fine, but is it necessary to bash a certain group of dinosaurs in almost every thread? :-\

With the excuse of ornithischians being in the shadow of theropods, ornithopods not getting enough attention and so on there's been a clear theropod hate as of late, for some reason, particularly on allosauroids. Personally, theropods are my favorite dinosaurs and for me it's really annoying to keep visiting threads and see: "I want X dinosaur, but they will probably release another allosauroid" "If they release an Acrocanthosaurus, that will be a dark day" "There's more than theropods"... I'm just tired of all of this. Now the trend is saying that everyone wants more ornithopods and that nobody wants theropods. There are some dinosaurs I'm less keen on, and I'm not much into non-dinosaurs, but when one of those is announced, I don't say comments like: "Adding it to my no-to-buy list" "They've announced a non-dinosaur, it's a dark day". I'm not holding my breath to see any change regarding this, but let's be polite to everyone's preferences.
I want to be clear, I am not saying that generic=boring. I guess we are getting back into the dark times again, so thanks to avatar_SRF @SRF  and avatar_KeU @KeU for lighting me up with some good closure and reasoning.
To avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator I want to say I am also an advocate for CarnosaurRights. I really don't want to start up another stir that might cause me to lose friends, so I will say it as neutral as possible. The thing with Carnosaurs and Ornithopods is a double standard. Both groups are interesting, both are very large groups, both are underrated. But if someone says carnosaurs are overrated and we should be making ornithopods, everyone glorifes them. If they said Ornitopods are overrated and we should have more carnosaurs, then the general public feels disgusted.
On the comment I made, I should had been more clear, the thing is that there are many Kem Kem Bed allosauroids, like saurinops. Its kind of sad to see that based on slightly questionable claims, they are taken to the max and now people are all grouping them together . I don't like it when animals get grouped in. In an analogy  I prefer being called Punjabi, or even Aryan over Indian. If i was just Indian, you wouldn't know if i was a Gujrati, or a Maharastri. But now you know Im Punjabi, one of the few Indo-aryan groups that retains most of their Proto-Indo-European Ancestry. Same with dinosaurs. Its sad to see one of may Favorites to be grouped. Things like this shouldn't be have to be said in a dinosaur forum
Im sorry if there's a multitude of grammar errors or unclarity.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I don't hate any dinosaurs, but when I was a child I didn't like most carnivorous dinosaurs, but that was because I thought they all looked the same and were boring in comparison to the herbivores who had more shapes, and then Jurassic Park camealong and turned them into monsters which turned me off them in a different way. I did like them in Nursery school though. I know that because apparently I painted pictures of dinosaur mothers looking after eggs there, and I did Tyrannosaurus, as well as Triceratops and Stegosaurus.
I do think the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus and Allosaurus look very similar and I do not want another Allosauroid. Not because I don't like them, but because I want a collection that doesn't have many things that look the same. That's why I decided to have 1 only or occasionally 2 or 3 of each animal at most. Allosauroids are still the most generic looking dinosaurs to my eyes, which is why I can count few among my favourites, but I would never dislike an animal, not even Otodus megalodon.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Thialfi

Haylee is so beautiful. A weighty girl as well! Good size and bulk and the paint is absolutely amazing - there is a layer of iridescent paint on top of the regular colours which makes her absolutely glow in the right light - and gives her skin an almost wet-like quality. It's impossible to do it justice in pictures. And look at those skin folds and gills! Great sculpting. One of my favourite PNSO models for sure - not in the least because it's such an unique species.

Gwangi

So excited to get Haylee! I think she might very well be my favorite figure of 2021. She should be here any day now, I can't wait!

Mellow Stego

I'm not one for prehistoric sharks but I'm so happy to see PNSO do something other than Megalodon.

As for the stegosaurus I'm of course super excited for it. I really hate to say this but their first one looks like it's suffer from scoliosis.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SRF

Quote from: Pachyventer on May 25, 2021, 05:00:45 PM
Quote from: SRF on May 25, 2021, 04:35:25 PM
The Carcharodontosaurus isn't available yet on AliExpress. I wonder if it's sold exclusively at PNSO's own store on Amazon for the first week or so and available later in other online stores, making it indeed more widely available in June...

I guess you're right. The Model Toy Center owner says PNSO will officially sell their Carcharodontosaurus figure on Amazon for a few days. He expects this figure for his store this Friday or even next Monday. Haven't received responses from other stores though, but I guess, the result will be the same: later this week or early next week.

I've got a response from My Online Toy Store. They stated that they will have the Carcharodontosaurus in stock "in June" as well. That could be early in June, but also later of course.

Pachyventer

Yep, it seems like we'll get the Carch next week at best (still I DO hope this Friday will bring me my copy of that dino))). Anyway, I don't think I like that PNSO's "Amazon-first" policy. A bad joke IMHO.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi My congratulations on your latest PNSO acquisition. That prehistoric shark is truly sweet and coveted.

On the other hand, I sincerely like ornithophods and theropods alike in my case, perhaps theropods are too similar but without a place, a tyrannosaurus, carnotaurus, carchorodontosaurus, allosaurus or spinosaurus are more marketable than other types of prehistoric animals. They sell more and are more attractive even to many established collectors.

I honestly know it sounds pessimistic but I'm not really optimistic about PNSO's pasaurolophus, corythosaurus or lambeosaurus that they have the same acceptance rate as their tyrannosaurus, allosaurus, carnotaurus, spinosaurus or carcharodontosaurus (when it starts to sell) .

It is not the same for a child a ferocious carnivore whose teeth prick their fingers and are more marketable than a herbivore even if it had a jointed jaw, I do not see him as I have already commented the same degree of acceptance.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 24, 2021, 05:36:05 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 24, 2021, 03:31:10 AM
Hey guys it says Gamba the Carcha is in stock at Amazon. I am a bit sad now because I ordered mine through Lana.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095MT89HN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1FAEDH42RH6T7FJWTECH?psc=1

your better off with Lana.
My Allosaurus came in yesterday from Lana, one month early, perfect condition, shipping only 2.99 USD, so no problem. I've ordered and received nearly a dozen figures from her, all flawless and very well priced, so she is an excellent alternative.

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on May 21, 2021, 03:15:21 AM
Quote from: Bread on May 21, 2021, 02:16:36 AM
Quote from: SidB on May 21, 2021, 12:16:44 AM
Quote from: Bread on May 20, 2021, 06:32:40 PM
Okay, wow very unexpected; however I am in love! Glad I skipped their old Stego....

Also, glad their museum line is still getting attention! I do prefer a juvenile than a base, definitely a step up for PNSO!
Pretty cool how the juvenile is in a bipedal pose. Don't see that too often.
Agreed. PNSO need to continue adding juveniles or minis. Maybe this is a sign that minis could be in development?

That sure would be nice!
I'd like to see them developed, like the new juvenile stego, as complementary or adjunct to existing adults. Great for dioramas, of course.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

You're right avatar_Thialfi @Thialfi that Helicoprion Haylee is a gorgeous model. I am very much looking forward to it.
I have just received the Parasaurolophus myself from Everything Dinosaur today

JohannesB

Quote from: SidB on May 26, 2021, 11:36:19 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 24, 2021, 05:36:05 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 24, 2021, 03:31:10 AM
Hey guys it says Gamba the Carcha is in stock at Amazon. I am a bit sad now because I ordered mine through Lana.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095MT89HN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1FAEDH42RH6T7FJWTECH?psc=1

your better off with Lana.
My Allosaurus came in yesterday from Lana, one month early, perfect condition, shipping only 2.99 USD, so no problem. I've ordered and received nearly a dozen figures from her, all flawless and very well priced, so she is an excellent alternative.

Indeed she is.

SRF

Suddenly there's a new most anticipated PNSO model for me...

Wow.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SRF on May 26, 2021, 07:50:13 PM
Suddenly there's a new most anticipated PNSO model for me...

Wow.

Wow. Wasn't expecting this! So i can add a T. horridus next to the EoFauna Trike.
I was wrong, AMNH 5116 seems to be a Torosaurus, which fits the Picture more, i think.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: