News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Quote from: acro-man on June 19, 2021, 07:43:11 AM
HEY! Does anybody remember our old friend the vinyl T-rex the VERY first of all PNSO products?
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7411816805
Look at their round belly and smooth skin (and pose in some way) - almost identical!
I call this an "evolution to the starting point".
After years of trials and errors, all PNSO has been trying to do, all the effort they put into creating new finer textures, is to bring the beauty back to the first T-rex who deserved it then but couldn't because of inexperiences and immature techniques.

What a remarkable improvement of quality by them!

EXACTLY what I was thinking. You beat me to it ;-) What an interesting way for PNSO to come 'full circle'.

Faelrin

The Torvosaurus is looking great in those in hand pics. Glad the coloration is mostly the same as in the prototype pics too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faras

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Thank you kindly  ^-^

Glad to hear you like the Tarbo, and Zhao Chuang did make many life size models of Tyrannosaur family for exhibition, so guess it's matter of when PNSO would turn them into toys (Zhucheng might come first).

Regarding deformed model, seems it was somehow squeezed before head piece cooled down and stabilized, which happened before packing... says enough about quality control  ::) maybe hiring extra people cost more than covering protential exchange cost  8)

S @SidB avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian Glad to hear  ;D yup they did exchange it and cover shipping cost, so gained some funny pics without losing anything  ;)

avatar_Abobo @Abobo Teehee golden! The Allosaurus with black eye sockets actually looks somewhat nicer than those with dead-fish blue eyes  ;D

sauroid

PNSO is exactly the brand/company all of us have been dreaming about for so many years. the details, the accuracy, the "high end" over all look, and the affordability. let us just hope that it stays in the limelight and existence for a VERY LONG TIME.
and to be fair to some members who are critical, they are just sharing their opinion about the scientific aspect of the models. they arent exactly bashing them with words like "they are ugly/awful/nasty" etc. all i see are constructive criticisms.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

avatar_Faras @Faras Do you know if PNSO plans to release any new models in 2022? It looks like you have some connection with PNSO, or in any case, you know more of PNSO than many of us do, that's why I'm asking.

Really the separation between their 2020 and 2021 releases is merely artificial, because they haven't stopped releasing new figures since September 2020 with their Microraptor, other than in the Chinese New Year. And based on what Everything Dinosaur and Paleofiguras said, it looks like they're continuing to go full force releasing new figures even when their current lineup for this year is already so impressive.

I'm not complaining, in fact, I find this almost too good to be true, that they are releasing figure after figure (and it's not like they are rushing them either, individually they have truly great quality). But it would be nice to know this, if I did, that might influence the way I plan my purchases.

So far I only have 2 PNSO models in my collection, their Qianzhousaurus and Tuojiangosaurus, but the Yutyrannus is a must have. Some of the other figures they have released I like, but I can't have everything and since they are in a non-stop mode I may find some models I'm more interested in.

SenSx

So, did they release all the dinosaurs they teased ?
I remember they had some sauropods arts, but nothing else.

I still want a Gigantoraptor (but not a bronze please ><), an Albertosaurus/Gorgosaurus, Suchomimus and Megalosaurus (unlikely after the Torvosaurus relase).
I don't think I can count on other compagnies than PNSO to make them, given how the others slowed down their release rate and PNSO did the exact contrary.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on June 20, 2021, 04:46:44 PM

I still want a Gigantoraptor (but not a bronze please ><), an Albertosaurus/Gorgosaurus, Suchomimus and Megalosaurus (unlikely after the Torvosaurus relase).
I don't think I can count on other compagnies than PNSO to make them, given how the others slowed down their release rate and PNSO did the exact contrary.

Well we've seen images of a new Triceratops (or Torosaurus) and the Dimetrodon and the Kronosaurus is due to be released in July. And since the Tarbosaurus was a big surprise, I reckon we're going to see some surprise releases in the coming months as well.
But today, I'm just being father

sauroid

im still not losing hope for sauropods, pterosaurs and prehistoric cenozoic mammals
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SenSx

Quote from: SRF on June 20, 2021, 07:12:34 PM

I still want a Gigantoraptor (but not a bronze please ><), an Albertosaurus/Gorgosaurus, Suchomimus and Megalosaurus (unlikely after the Torvosaurus release).

Well we've seen images of a new Triceratops (or Torosaurus) and the Dimetrodon and the Kronosaurus is due to be released in July. And since the Tarbosaurus was a big surprise, I reckon we're going to see some surprise releases in the coming months as well.

Oh ok I did not follow the news properlly, I thought that Triceratops/Torosaurus was alreasy released.
Now that you mention it I remember that Dimetrodon, that wasn't a long time ago.

SRF

Quote from: SenSx on June 20, 2021, 09:57:42 PM
Quote from: SRF on June 20, 2021, 07:12:34 PM

I still want a Gigantoraptor (but not a bronze please ><), an Albertosaurus/Gorgosaurus, Suchomimus and Megalosaurus (unlikely after the Torvosaurus release).

Oh ok I did not follow the news properlly, I thought that Triceratops/Torosaurus was alreasy released.
Now that you mention it I remember that Dimetrodon, that wasn't a long time ago.

The Triceratops/Torosaurus was released as a bronze statue, but it's also teased as a pvc figure I think.

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Wish I have :D Staffs of PNSO are particularly tight-lipped regarding unannounced stuffs, so mostly gathering info from Baidu Tieba (usually speculation). Though I'd say chance that they would keep releasing new models in 2022 is very high. There are probably hundreds of 3D models sitting in Zhao's pc so it all comes down to whether PNSO is in good shape. Seems their models are selling well, Modu crowdfunding: Carcha - 747 supporters, Yutyrannus - 469, Kronosaurus - 335 (12 days left) (many do not know about crowdfunding or prefer to buy after release). 500+ Tarbo sold in China in 5 days.

PNSO/dino toy tieba's speculation (mostly) for new releases:

Highly likely imo: new Triceratops (new frill skin impression which was added to the bronze one, seems PNSO likes to redo old models on new fossil discovery), more Tyrannosaurids (Zhao seems to like them).
In one old (2020, including Parasaurus and Borealopelta iirc) teaser pic: Stygimoloch, tyrannosaurid in resting pose, could be Zhucheng or new Wilson (or to our disappointment, Tarbo in different pose).
1:20 - 1:10 models in exhibitions: Gorgosaurus, Albertosaurus, Xiongguanlong, Megaraptor, Elasmosaurus,  wooly mammoth.
Book series: Yutyrannus, Beibeilong, Torvo, Carcha, Spino, Zhuchengtyrannus, Mapusaurus, Giga, Tarbo, T-rex.
On covers of PNSO books: Triceratops, Nyctosaurus, Kronosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Cryolophosaurus, Guanlong, Yi, Chasmosaurus
PNSO resin statues ans bronze statues: Tsintaosaurus, Huayangosaurus, Mamenchisaurus sinocanadorum (what we have atm is probably M. constructus judging from size and shoulders/hips height), Nankangia, Sinosauropteryx, Thalassodromeus, Gigantoraptor

suspsy

avatar_Faras @Faras, don't suppose you've heard anything about the miniatures continuing?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

avatar_Faras @Faras I'm glad to hear they are selling well, hopefully that means they will keep being around.
And all of those do sound like they have chances. It seems Zhao is fond of tyrannosaurs, hopefully some more are coming to join the amazing ones they already have. But I would also love to see them tackle more feathered species on their mid size line, the Microraptor and Yutyrannus are gems!
Let's see what more they have up on their sleeves. At least there are a few numbers missing and all the species that had been teased for that "Spring Festival" have already been made into figures.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Hmm, if a Zhuchengtyrannus is likely after all, I may hold off on the Tarbosaurus for a bit, assuming it doesn't sell out fast from where I buy.

Interesting to hear from close to the horse's mouth anyway. Very interesting
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Yeah, I've decided to hold off on the Tarbosaurus as well. It's cool, but it's bloody expensive and there's a reasonably good chance that either CollectA or Safari will give us one in the near future.

Naturally, I'd be very tempted by a Zhuchengtyrannus, especially if it was in a resting pose. It would be a welcome touch of variety.

Thialfi

I went for the tarbosaurus, she's the predator of my childhood, I always had a soft spot for her. And by the gods, I love her bulk. Wasn't that expensive either, cost me about 30 Euro in Total. Can't wait!

ceratopsian

My Pachycephalosaurus arrived today from Everything Dinosaur.  It's certainly small - but I already knew that.  Mine is well painted, especially round the head.  I like the trouble taken to sculpt the pads of the feet carefully, even though they are unseen when the model is on display.  Especially striking "poster" artwork on the PNSO sheet that comes in the box.

Faras

avatar_suspsy @suspsy Sadly no, seems they are trying to get rid of remaining ones (about half of the 48 were out of stock before they were taken down on Taobao) by giving them to Modu crowdfunders. Maybe they want to cut the line, or maybe they are planning a revision (old Stego was removed on Taobao nearly a month before release of new one). Personally I think it would be weird to cut best selling line for children.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Need more feathered ones indeed! Yutyrannus might be the first attempt of feathered Tyrannosaurids (all life size models of Tyrannosaurids he made for T-rex exhibition and all eight species in sci-art puzzle posters have some feathers).

Regarding Zhuchengtyrannus, imo they would probably reserve it for last three months of this year, or around Spring Festival next year (would be werid it have it soon after Tarbo), which is probably the best as they seem to be experimenting with stuffs, for example: 9 different paint schemes for 9 new models after Chinese new year (Allosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus have very different stripes), Tarbo and Torvo being more robust than earlier releases and having deeper skin details, interesting nostril position (probably inspired by birds) on Torvo (picked him up earlier, will post some pics in a few).

suspsy

Well, that is a real shame if the miniatures are indeed cancelled, as they were magnificent. Easily superior to any of the miniatures from CollectA, Papo, or Safari. And they were a great way to get obscure taxa like Abelisaurus and Indosuchus and Mei and Yi.

SRF

Quote from: Faras on June 21, 2021, 02:05:22 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy Sadly no, seems they are trying to get rid of remaining ones (about half of the 48 were out of stock before they were taken down on Taobao) by giving them to Modu crowdfunders. Maybe they want to cut the line, or maybe they are planning a revision (old Stego was removed on Taobao nearly a month before release of new one). Personally I think it would be weird to cut best selling line for children.

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator Need more feathered ones indeed! Yutyrannus might be the first attempt of feathered Tyrannosaurids (all life size models of Tyrannosaurids he made for T-rex exhibition and all eight species in sci-art puzzle posters have some feathers).

Regarding Zhuchengtyrannus, imo they would probably reserve it for last three months of this year, or around Spring Festival next year (would be werid it have it soon after Tarbo), which is probably the best as they seem to be experimenting with stuffs, for example: 9 different paint schemes for 9 new models after Chinese new year (Allosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus have very different stripes), Tarbo and Torvo being more robust than earlier releases and having deeper skin details, interesting nostril position (probably inspired by birds) on Torvo (picked him up earlier, will post some pics in a few).

Since PNSO is experimenting with different styles, does this mean that we can expect PNSO to release new versions of species they have released earlier? In other words: is there a chance that they will release another new T. Rex at short notice (being within a year from now or so)? And do you know anything on how well Winter Wilson has sold compared to other models from PNSO?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: