News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SRF

Quote from: Medzo on September 10, 2021, 12:21:50 PM
Is the Parasaurolophus so out of scale compared to other pieces in this PNSO series?

Well there isn't a consistent scale to begin with. Most of the Museum Line figures are 1:35, but the scale of most of the Prehistoric Animal models line (and there are a lot of them) is all over the place actually.
But today, I'm just being father

SidB

It's a common practice with other companies such as Safari, CollectA and Schleich, for example. That compels one to do some research as to scale, if that important to the collector.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Medzo on September 10, 2021, 12:21:50 PM
Is the Parasaurolophus so out of scale compared to other pieces in this PNSO series?
the Parasaurolophus is around 1:25 scale, but so are most other PNSO figures.

I am glad the Olorotitan is a smaller scale than that. It will go brilliantly
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on September 10, 2021, 09:35:32 AM
https://www.facebook.com/2331852817042641/posts/3144649872429594/?d=n

Some in-hand photos shared by Paleofiguras. Really torn with this one. Looks like the paint scheme turned out strong but it sure is a tiny thing for about 40 bucks.
With this release I guess the hike in prices is more apparent. Need to see some Lambeosaurus comparison photos to really judge how small this one is.

Faelrin

Looks in between the Lambeosaurus and Parasaurolophus size maybe? Hard to tell. Glad the paint is good on this one, but I think all the hadrosaurids have been pretty faithful so far, thankfully. Let's just say I already made some space for this one (and the Corythosaurus), for when I can get back to collecting again.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

So it seems that there is a consensus that Er-ma , old and new, consists of two different species. Good. But, to me, odd that the same name, Er-ma (Erma) would be used for both.

Faras

PNSO Olorotitan

Length along curves: 27.5cm (~10m individual based on Chinese store page)

Common issue: seamline on the left side of crest; hind feet are a bit wrapped (can stand without problem, easily fixed by heating).
Spoiler
[close]

There is a big poster and a museum-line style small booklet in the box. The booklet contains plenty of images, a story for children, and descriptions/adds for PNSO stories of earth art education project (PS: Chinese version has zero English). These changes are in line with new Mamenchisaurus so I guess it's the new norm for both prehistoric and museum lines.
Spoiler

The figure (166.45g) is slightly smaller than Lambeosaurus (183.56g). Details are about same level as Carcharodontosaurus (not as deep as on Parasaurolophus, but beats Corythosaurus/Lambeosaurus easily).
Spoiler

[close]

Thanks to elegant bipedal pose it has beautiful tension in hindlegs, gorgeous skin folds along curves of neck and tail,  imho the best musculature of four hadrosaurs. Paint is simple and decent, not ruining details like on Lambeosaurus...
Spoiler

[close]

Mine can stand on its hindlegs only (falls very easily) or on hindlegs and tip of tail (probably wrapping over time); for stable support need the stand and tip of tail on the ground (in group shot I used Nano stand to hold the tail).

PS: decided to grab another Ankylosaurus too, here's comparison of newer version and old muddy potato

Spoiler

[close]

sauroid

thanks for the Olorotitan pics and infos Faras
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks for the info and images of all the hadrosaurids and the different Ankylosaurus versions as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Faras

My pleasure :) Hmm forgot to mention, new Ankylosaurus' back is very similar to first version but it still has muddy legs, so it shows both decent paint and digging habit.

Edit: took some pic in natural light, but phone decided to make colours darker... Last pic in artificial light shows true colours.
Spoiler

[close]

Concavenator

Late to the party, but it's great to see a PNSO Olorotitan. It's my favorite hadrosaurid dinosaur along with the recently described Tlatolophus, and I have been wanting a good Olorotitan for quite some time.

avatar_Faras @Faras Thank you for the in hand pics! Looks like the poster and the booklet are now separated, in contrast to previous releases where the back of the booklet had the poster on its own back. Nice to see this, I like this kind of details and I always encourage companies to always include something else with the figures.

Shonisaurus

That olorotitan is spectacular! Penalty that it does not sustain on its own like the rest of hadrosaurids. It is perhaps the best painted of all, far surpassing the lambeosaurus and even surpassing the parasaurolophus of the same brand PNSO.

Medzo

Quote from: Faras on September 12, 2021, 05:49:14 PM
PNSO Olorotitan

Is it just perspective or is the olorotitan's tail indeed below the level of its feet?

Faras

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator My pleasure :) yeah poster got  bigger and booklet now have many pages like museum line ones, quite a nice change

Quote from: Medzo on September 14, 2021, 03:05:24 PM
Is it just perspective or is the olorotitan's tail indeed below the level of its feet?

Perspective :) tail can be in the air (not very stable though, tends to fall to left side). When feet and tip of tail are on the ground, the figure leans slightly to the left:
Spoiler
[close]

Bread

That may be good to note. I may prefer it balancing on its tail rather than on the rod. Especially since all the other hadrosaurs don't require a rod.

Psittacoraptor

avatar_Faras @Faras Thanks once again for all your pics.

First video review is out:
https://youtu.be/Mj8O3PjMLiM

While it doesn't fully reach the heights of the Parasaurolophus, it's still a wonderful figure.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Carnoking

Haven't even gotten their Kronosaurus yet. Marine reptiles are less of a priority to me but PNSO's have been so tantalizing.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: