News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 25, 2021, 02:30:40 PM
There's a closeup image of the cranium of either a Triceratops or a Torosaurus floating on social media right now. Looks like a PNSO toy, but not enough to confirm anything.
I can't find this anywhere. Do you happen to know the account that posted the image?

Faras

Rumours in Chinese forum (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/7625251142):

- More limited statues next year (not sure if they'd be bronze).
- They'd release bunch of new stuffs from 27th till end of year.
- All of them will be dinos (edit: till "new year", probably Chinese new year in this case, sorry!)
- First in line is what lots of people have wished for.
- More than one Ceratopians.
- New Doyle (?)

Tho rumours are just... rumours 😉

Sim

Quote from: Faras on November 25, 2021, 04:43:45 PM
- All of them will be dinos.

I've been impressed by PNSO's theropods with smaller scales on their skin and the PNSO Yutyrannus and would love to have more theropods from PNSO.  However I hope PNSO's 2022 models won't just be dinosaurs, I would really like them to make a Styxosaurus and long-tailed pterosaurs.

suspsy

Quote from: Sim on November 25, 2021, 04:52:00 PM
- All of them will be dinos.

I've been impressed by PNSO's theropods with smaller scales on their skin and the PNSO Yutyrannus and would love to have more theropods from PNSO.  However I hope PNSO's 2022 models won't just be dinosaurs, I would really like them to make a Styxosaurus and long-tailed pterosaurs.

I would like to see more marine creatures. PNSO has tackled fish, metriorhynchids, ichthyosaurs, pliosaurs, mosasaurs, and cetaceans, but they've yet to do elasmosaurs and invertebrates. A sea scorpion would be fantastic.

Crocodyliforms would also be nifty, especially since Deinosuchus or Purussaurus could feature a hinged jaw.

But if it is to be just dinosaurs in 2022, then let us hope PNSO finally tackles coelurosaurs other than tyrannosaurs. And sauropodomorphs.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faras

Oops sorry, think the poster meant "all new stuffs before new year will be dinos", not sure whether he meant 2022 new year or spring festival, prolly the latter cause 3 days holiday for new year and 2-3 weeks for spring festival. Apologize for the confusion :o

Bread

I was hoping we'd get more than just prehistoric marine life as non-dinosaur releases. Oh well... curious to see what else PNSO will produce for dinosaurs. I really want PNSO to attempt a Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus.

Also, thank you for the image of the ceratopsian and information. Really hoping it is a Torosaurus rather than a Triceratops.

Sim

Okay, I'm happy to hear the dinosaurs only would only be until the new year 2022.  It's weird how PNSO has given so little attention to non-tyrannosauroid coelurosaurs and to sauropodomorphs.  I too hope PNSO will make some of those.  Though I didn't like the feathering on PNSO's large Microraptor, it looked too messy.  I hope future pennaraptorans by PNSO would have neater feathering.  I know PNSO can do pennaceous feathers well since they did on their mini Archaeopteryx, Confuciusornis and Anchiornis.  I would be very interested if PNSO made Linheraptor and Velociraptor.

John

I'm a dinosaur collector so if these rumors of PNSO's next releases being all dinosaurs till the Chinese new year are true,I'll be very happy. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

I don't know what you are referring to, but I'm intrigued about this. I hope this is the time when they release larger scale versions of some feathered dinosaurs they have as minis, such as Yi, Anchiornis...

Quote from: John on November 25, 2021, 08:37:44 PM
I'm a dinosaur collector so if these rumors of PNSO's next releases being all dinosaurs till the Chinese new year are true,I'll be very happy. :)

Same. Haven't been interested in any of the marine creatures they made recently, simply as a matter of collection preferences. But that's perfectly fine, since people who are more into non dinosaurs have seen large periods of "non dinosaur drought" over this (and other) year.

If these rumours are true, we should see a new release pop un on Saturday (27th).

SRF

Rumours in Chinese forum (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/7625251142):

- More limited statues next year (not sure if they'd be bronze).
- They'd release bunch of new stuffs from 27th till end of year.
- All of them will be dinos (edit: till "new year", probably Chinese new year in this case, sorry!)
- More than one Ceratopians.
- New Doyle (?)

Tho rumours are just... rumours 😉

Well a new Doyle was already teased last summer, so I was wondering when that would show up. :)

But if they are going to release dinosaurs only, then that should mean that the Dimetrodon that was teased earlier isn't going to be released anytime soon I guess... 
But today, I'm just being father

Shonisaurus

I celebrate that there is more than one ceraptóside, life is beyond theropods, I like those dinosaurs with their heads adorned by ruffles and horns.

Gwangi

PNSO Cretoxyrhina. I'll be reviewing this one for the blog soon and will post better pictures there, but here it is. I quite like it. The seams are easily tolerated what with the figure's low price point. The gills and paint sheen mostly obscure it anyway.

Sim

I've found PNSO's ceratopsians ugly so I'm not happy to hear they are making more of them.  I guess it's possible they could make one that I would like if they chose a species I like and they keep its mouth closed as I find ceratopsians without cheeks so ugly when their mouth is open.  I'm hoping PNSO will make a Chasmosaurus.

Shonisaurus, "life is beyond theropods" appears quite untrue and unnecessary to say, in my opinion.

SidB

Quote from: Sim on November 26, 2021, 07:03:23 PM
I've found PNSO's ceratopsians ugly so I'm not happy to hear they are making more of them.  I guess it's possible they could make one that I would like if they chose a species I like and they keep its mouth closed as I find ceratopsians without cheeks so ugly when their mouth is open.  I'm hoping PNSO will make a Chasmosaurus.

Shonisaurus, "life is beyond theropods" appears quite untrue and unnecessary to say, in my opinion.
Based on dozens of positive comments that avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus has made on the DTB and DTF as regards theropods in general and specifically, I can confidently assert that he was implying that "life is beyond (just) theropods." He has a very wide appreciation for life in all it's forms, with all of its wrinkles, idiosyncracies and even imperfections. I think that you misconstrued his intention in this case, avatar_Sim @Sim . You have to remember that English is not his native tongue and that he has made remarkable strides in his fluency in a foreign language. It's important to always read in context, in as far as is possible. I do commend you, however, for your polite and respectful disagreement.

Sim

I think you're right SidB.  However I don't understand why one would say "life is beyond (just) theropods".  PNSO has made lots of non-theropod figures especially recently.

Bread

Quote from: Sim on November 26, 2021, 08:06:31 PM
I think you're right SidB.  However I don't understand why one would say "life is beyond (just) theropods".  PNSO has made lots of non-theropod figures especially recently.
I think they meant that therapods crowd the dinosaur toy market in general. Even if PNSO has slightly more herbivores than therapods, it doesn't necessarily mean we should have more therapods, especially Tyrannosaurs. Even though I am guilty of wanting more Tyrannosaurs, I can see why a lot and myself somewhat rather have more herbivores in the first place. Plus it seems PNSO's herbivores are superior to their herbivores therapods anyways.

Faelrin

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Thanks for sharing those pics. Hope I can get it sometime next year (and whatever else I am behind on). Nice to finally have an updated sculpt of this, especially with Safari's retired (although I do have it).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Sim

The dinosaur toy market has plenty of diverse choices available, I don't think theropods crowd it.  Not to mention some of the most neglected groups are theropods and some of the best represented groups are herbivores e.g. ceratopsoids.  Also I don't think PNSO's herbivores are necessarily superior to their theropods.  I think PNSO has made some very good theropods and some mediocre herbivores.  The opposite too of course.

I didn't think of it earlier but another ceratopsid I'd like to see from PNSO is Anchiceratops.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SidB on November 26, 2021, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: Sim on November 26, 2021, 07:03:23 PM

Based on dozens of positive comments that avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus has made on the DTB and DTF as regards theropods in general and specifically, I can confidently assert that he was implying that "life is beyond (just) theropods." He has a very wide appreciation for life in all it's forms, with all of its wrinkles, idiosyncracies and even imperfections. I think that you misconstrued his intention in this case, avatar_Sim @Sim . You have to remember that English is not his native tongue and that he has made remarkable strides in his fluency in a foreign language. It's important to always read in context, in as far as is possible. I do commend you, however, for your polite and respectful disagreement.

Thank you, I was going to say the same thing in response to that comment I felt was taken out of context.
avatar_Sim @Sim I could say the same about your comments about CollectA and PNSO ceratopsians being ugly and dismissing the prehistoric invertebrates. Those comments are unnecessary .

Shonisaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim You have misinterpreted my words, I do not know the English language well, which I meant to say that I like not only theropods but also ceratopsids, so I think you have sinned and I tell you with the greatest affection in the world for being excessively susceptible. I love all kinds of dinosaurs but honestly I really like the variety of species of theropods but if there are also herbivorous dinosaurs it will be great for dioramas and to decorate our shelves. In the variety of dinosaur species by a toy company, there is the genius and the great.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: