News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any sculptors out there willing to do commission work in 1/48 scale?

Started by Jodee, October 09, 2012, 03:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jodee

I have commissioned a piece before from Sean Cooper at Paleocraft.  I would like to possibly commission more from him in the near future.  I was wondering if there are any other sculptors out there that have experience in and/or willing to work in this scale?  I have contacted Jonathan Rader already.

Best regards,

Jodee

Joel

You should try asking Shane Foulkes. He's done a 1/40 Tarbosaurus and it looks excellent, so I'm sure he would have no problem doing a 1/48 sculpture.

Takama

Quote from: Joel on October 09, 2012, 03:38:57 AM
You should try asking Shane Foulkes. He's done a 1/40 Tarbosaurus and it looks excellent, so I'm sure he would have no problem doing a 1/48 sculpture.

Um he does comission work for other Kits. If you have a kit that needs asembled and painted, he will do it for you.

I dont think he does custom comissions, but mybe im wrong.

Himmapaan

Shane has sculpted to commission many times. He frequently mentions as much on his thread.  :)

Joel

Quote from: Himmapaan on October 09, 2012, 03:47:17 AM
Shane has sculpted to commission many times. He frequently mentions as much on his thread.  :)
Right. In fact, Mr. Foulkes and I have been talks over the past year about a commissioned sculpture, and now that I have finally decided which one (Shane knows, but the rest of you will have to wait until it's done!), it's time to save money!

Patrx

What about Malcolm Mloodoch (dinonikes)? He seems pretty busy, but I know he does commission work.

Takama

not meaning to hijack but all this has made me thinking about commissioning a special piece.

1:40 Concavenator anyone?

s.foulkes

Quote from: Takama on October 09, 2012, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: Joel on October 09, 2012, 03:38:57 AM

Um he does comission work for other Kits. If you have a kit that needs asembled and painted, he will do it for you.

I dont think he does custom comissions, but mybe im wrong.

WRONG ,SHANE DOES DO COMMISSIONS AND HAS FOR YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO FOR MANY MORE. If anyone has questions regarding what i do, ask me !!!! thanks.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

borderland

I'm currently looking to commission or partner with a sculptor for a series of 3-4 dinosaur sculptures.

My first foray a few weeks ago wasn't very successful - I emailed two of the better-known sculptors
but made the apparently fatal error of bcc'ing them both on the one email (it was 3am and I was tired),
which seemed to put them offside - either because it was impolite or perceived as dodgy in some way.
Neither of them replied to my follow up email.

From this I have learned that dinosaur sculptors are a particular breed with whom you can not take any liberties.

Will keep looking - and if anyone here knows of sculptors who may be available in the next 1-2 months,
I'd appreciate any assistance pointing them to this post.

I pay deposits up front, final payment before delivery, give clear and prompt feedback on work in progress,
and as an art director and concept artist who's been on the receiving end - avoid being a painful client at all costs.

Cheers

Ray

Email: [email protected]