News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LEGO Classic Space

Started by Libraraptor, December 12, 2020, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Hi everyone, just want to know if anyone here is interested in the LEGO CLassic Space line? I do have some stuff I rediscovered this year on the attic with enough time to rebuild it. I´ll leave some pictures here if anyone would like me to do so. Of course, everyone is invited to contribute to this threas as well.

suspsy

Please do. I loved Classic Space.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Libraraptor

These are most of the starships and cruisers.

This is the famous Blacktron Mission Intercept Base.

Alpha 1 Rocket Base.

avatar_suspsy @suspsy , and others, enjoy!

As soon as time allows it,  I'll show single pictures.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Libraraptor on December 12, 2020, 02:38:02 PM
Hi everyone, just want to know if anyone here is interested in the LEGO CLassic Space line? I do have some stuff I rediscovered this year on the attic with enough time to rebuild it. I´ll leave some pictures here if anyone would like me to do so. Of course, everyone is invited to contribute to this threas as well.

:D Good Idea! I was in the Basement aswell the last Days. But since i was born in 1989, and in love with the Creatures from the Sea, i have the complete Aquanauts Mainbase and smaller Stuff from the AquaSharks right here :D My Living room was full on Lego and a Man of 31 was looking for the Parts of this for 11 hours(2 Days :D), and did build it with the help of free online .PDF Instructions for another 4 Hours :D It was fun, but i had a really really really bad Back after that.

I know Classic Space and had a few smaller Sets back in the day, but Lego had more and more and the 90s were glorious LEGo days aswell :)

These Sets of yours are worth a fortune, i think. Classic 80s Space Man was my Favourite in the LEGO Movie. But i guess, you already saw it, hehe.

Fröhliche Weihnachten und schöne Tage! (Merry Christmas, and nice Holidays!)

Halichoeres

I had a couple of the very small sets. I probably still have most of the parts, although they would be very beat up now. You might know that the "Violin Kid" minifigure coming out next year has a shirt with Blacktron logos!

https://brickset.com/sets/71029-2/Violin-Kid
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 24, 2020, 01:54:22 PM
I had a couple of the very small sets. I probably still have most of the parts, although they would be very beat up now. You might know that the "Violin Kid" minifigure coming out next year has a shirt with Blacktron logos!

https://brickset.com/sets/71029-2/Violin-Kid

That´s an interesting fun fact :))

Justin_

I remember the very first Lego Space sets. This must have been around 1978 or so, and I'm wondering if the success of Star Wars was a factor in their development. I had actually progressed to Lego Technic by this time but these had great appeal due to all the custom and coloured transparent parts. The knights weren't quite so exciting as they looked similar to Playmobil (which were still called Playpeople in the UK.)
The articulated minifigures were very new then, and they didn't have printed logos on the bodies but stickers instead. The space figures were just in white and red and most vehicles were grey. I don't think there were any weapons apart from a hand-held blaster. There wasn't any suggestion of an enemy force which I'm guessing the black figures were meant to be.

Libraraptor

LEGO space started with exploration only. Research stations, starships providing them with stuff, and the blasters were mostly interpreted as telescopes.
Then the starfleet evolved, they got new overalls with those zippers and a new party entered stage: Blacktron (in its first version). There wasn´t any warfare. Blacktron intercepted information, they were spies and criminals, but no war enemies.  Then a few years later the first version of Space Police entered stage to mediate between the fleet and Blacktron or arrest the Blacktrons. The Space Police wore overalls with the same logo as the starfleet.

Yes, the very first space minifigures had stickers which were replaced by prints one year or so later.

Libraraptor

The first minifigure astronauts had stickers with the logo and the old face

Some vintage vehicles for radar purposes:

Truck with a mobile lab:

Libraraptor

A few years later, "Futuron" entered the market with a more modern (often more ugly) look, new helmets and overalls for the astronauts and new parts. I have their monorail, too, but it´s still in the attic and I did not rebuild it yet.

Halichoeres

I always coveted that monorail!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Futuron was such a cool sub-line. I think I owned maybe one or two sets, max, but I always wanted the monorail. Same goes for Blacktron. Only owned the Alienator, but I sure did love it!

Original Space Police also rocked.

Libraraptor

That monorail is still quite expensive,  highly sought after.  I love Blacktron and the first Space Police, too!

Libraraptor

Finally,  the Queen of the fleet has landed on my space station!  The Galaxy Explorer is now a real centerpiece of my LEGO collection .

bucatini

It would be great set as birthday gift for 9-y.o. kid interested in space. I would be happy if I were him :)
Hard decision what to buy: new figures of dinosaurs, book about dinosaurs (as a addition to his collection) or some unique Lego set, like Classic Space.

Offtopic, because I look in this thread on kgs of plastic and my green heart is breaking ;)
I like LEGO not because of their sets and topics. I care about environment and pay attention to the activities of various brands in this field. For some few years they make serious changes in production - they started to think ecologically and reduce plastic (at last)! And it is a possibility to rebuild your old sets, like sport car from Lego Technics to a bike, following Greeninstructions.com. I dream about the day when dinosaurs will be produced of wooden and more natural natural materials), not plastic or rubber.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 03, 2021, 08:54:04 PM

Finally,  the Queen of the fleet has landed on my space station!  The Galaxy Explorer is now a real centerpiece of my LEGO collection .

Seems to be in a very good shape and condition, congratulations. I only have the smaller sets of the Classic Space, but own the Futuron MonoRail (reminds me I need to set this up).
Also a nice Classic Space diorama you got there in the back.

Libraraptor

Quote from: bucatini on April 07, 2021, 11:33:45 AM
It would be great set as birthday gift for 9-y.o. kid interested in space. I would be happy if I were him :)
Hard decision what to buy: new figures of dinosaurs, book about dinosaurs (as a addition to his collection) or some unique Lego set, like Classic Space.

Offtopic, because I look in this thread on kgs of plastic and my green heart is breaking ;)
I like LEGO not because of their sets and topics. I care about environment and pay attention to the activities of various brands in this field. For some few years they make serious changes in production - they started to think ecologically and reduce plastic (at last)! And it is a possibility to rebuild your old sets, like sport car from Lego Technics to a bike, following Greeninstructions.com. I dream about the day when dinosaurs will be produced of wooden and more natural natural materials), not plastic or rubber.

Yeah, the plastic problem. At least we collect plastic being transformed into dinosaurs and other collectibles which will not be thrown away that easily. And LEGO is timeless. Noone I know has ever thrown LEGO away.

suspsy

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 03, 2021, 08:54:04 PM

A beauty!

Libraraptor

This geological vehicle, LEGO 6880, looks a little like an animal , doesn't it?

Libraraptor

Two kinds of rocket launchers. The big, fat one and the early one. Each of these rockets has got a satellite at its top and the ground vehicle has got a device to stay in contact with it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: