You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What 5 ornithischians would you like Safari to make?

Started by Sim, December 12, 2020, 07:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose up to five ornithischians you'd like Safari to make

Achelousaurus
1 (1.6%)
Borealopelta
7 (11.5%)
Camptosaurus
12 (19.7%)
Centrosaurus
20 (32.8%)
Chasmosaurus
13 (21.3%)
Corythosaurus
7 (11.5%)
Edmontonia
0 (0%)
Edmontosaurus annectens
4 (6.6%)
Euoplocephalus
4 (6.6%)
Heterodontosaurus
10 (16.4%)
Huayangosaurus
2 (3.3%)
Hypacrosaurus new version
8 (13.1%)
Kosmoceratops
5 (8.2%)
Kritosaurus
3 (4.9%)
Kulindadromeus
17 (27.9%)
Leptoceratops new version
3 (4.9%)
Lexovisaurus
2 (3.3%)
Liaoningosaurus
3 (4.9%)
Maiasaura
14 (23%)
Muttaburrasaurus
12 (19.7%)
Ouranosaurus
29 (47.5%)
Panoplosaurus
3 (4.9%)
Pentaceratops
6 (9.8%)
Protoceratops
11 (18%)
Scelidosaurus
9 (14.8%)
Shantungosaurus
10 (16.4%)
Stygimoloch
1 (1.6%)
Tenontosaurus
10 (16.4%)
Thescelosaurus
6 (9.8%)
Torosaurus
12 (19.7%)
Tsintaosaurus
7 (11.5%)
Udanoceratops
9 (14.8%)
Zuul
10 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Sim

Here's the ornithischian poll!  Vote for up to five ornithischians you'd most like Safari to make!

Faelrin

Man between all these it was hard to stick with just five only. But I went for the ones I suggested I think.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Frankly, I don't think any company should even bother making a Borealopelta now that the PNSO one exists.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinoxels

Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

ceratopsian

I found it hard to come up with only five.  Not surprising considering the bias in my collection!  I would dearly love any good firm to make a Kulindadromeus. And Heterodontosaurus is something else high on my list.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on December 12, 2020, 08:38:55 PM
Frankly, I don't think any company should even bother making a Borealopelta now that the PNSO one exists.
Same, including Corythosaurus and possibly Edmontonia.

triceratops83

I'm more interested in seeing re-releases of older Safari and Carnegie models, since they've been slowly working their way around to them, so my priorities are Corythosaurus, Hypacrosaurus and Maiasaura. Also would be interesting if they did little versions of Protoceratops and Leptoceratops again.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

It's really hard to choose for some if these but my first thought were towards overlooked small sand medium sized ornithopods so went for the classic Camptosaurus that I have a really soft spot for and Kulindadromeus because of its significance and the fact it'd make an adorable figure and I cant believe that 6 years later there is still not 1 figure yet.
I couldn't chose between classic Ceratopsids Chasmosaurus and Centrosaurus, and while I think the latter lacks even more I had to go for my favourite. Likewise I went for my favourite Hadrosaur Maiasaura,  even though I finally hold the beautiful Battat Maiasaura.
My last shot went for the wonderful Udanoceratops which I am so annoyed never appeared in Silva's line which is why I've decided I will refuse to buy any more of his unless it's to replace 1 of the 4 I got, and theres only 1 that could apply to. Udanoceratops is just such an amazing animal to me.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Bread

Honestly, this was an easy choice for me. I love Safari's ceratopsians, so any of them on the list will do. I am also so glad that Maiasaura is close to the top!

SidB

I have to admit, my choices were ceratopsian heavy - I simply love Watson's creations and I have missed not getting any recently. Really would like to see a Chasmosaurus and Centrosaurus, classics that have sadly been omitted from most lines.

Libraraptor

Thescelosaurus, Ouranosaurus, Zuul

ceratopsian

I should have said my other choices too. Maiasaura: I have a special fondness for this Hadrosaur. Yes, I love my Battat but a new version would be wonderful. Huayangosaurus: I'm very partial to Chinese stegosaurs. And Zuul: we need a model!  But of course Doug's ceratopsians are always good, and so always welcome. But by then I had run out of votes.

Sarapaurolophus

First time reading "Zuul" ???
Had to look it up and only found Ghostbusters stuff.

Anyways, I picked Corytho, Tsintao, Chasmo, Protoceratops and Maiasaura. I would be happiest to see a Tsintaosaurus and not too small. Some of the existing models have... interesting horns I don't want to see on my shelf, lol.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on December 13, 2020, 12:42:52 PM
First time reading "Zuul" ???
Had to look it up and only found Ghostbusters stuff.

Anyways, I picked Corytho, Tsintao, Chasmo, Protoceratops and Maiasaura. I would be happiest to see a Tsintaosaurus and not too small. Some of the existing models have... interesting horns I don't want to see on my shelf, lol.
you mean you don't love the CollectA Tsintaosaurus?
Zuul is named after the Ghostbusters character
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

avatar_Sarapaurolophus @Sarapaurolophus Zuul is one of most complete ankylosaurs (in situ like nodosaurid Borealopelta) that was described a few years back (only the head and tail because the body is still being prepared). It was named after the Ghostbusters creature because of the position of the horns(?) on its head or something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuul
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Mellow Stego

Would love to see Safari tackled a Pentaceratops.  Not really a fan of Papos and Schleichs attempts.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

Shonisaurus

There are very few choice options five options. Following the voting discipline I have chosen as preferred figures of orithischians that I want Safari to carry out the following:

Chasmosaurus
Kosmoceratops
Muttaburrasaurus
Zuul
Tsintaosaurus.

I sincerely believe that the traditional toy dinosaur companies should venture into making them, they are quite rare on the market today.

Sim

I voted for the following:

Chasmosaurus - I like the head shapes of Chasmosaurus.

Muttaburrasaurus - A really interesting animal!

Scelidosaurus - A bipedal thyreophoran would be an amazing sight!  Yes, I'd like it to be bipedal, maybe resting on the tips of its fingers of one hand.

Halichoeres

I didn't pick any ceratopsids because I think we can expect some anyway. Ditto hadrosaurs. I saved my votes for other ornithopods/thescelosaurids, basal ornithischians, and the like.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: