News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2021

Started by Mattyonyx, December 22, 2020, 06:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattyonyx

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHEQuHqgNH/

Here's catalog page with all the 2021 Papo figures. As you can see, the new additions to the prehistoric line are Megalodon and Young Smilodon.

suspsy

Well, that's two of them at least. Surely there will also be a dinosaur or two. That Megalodon looks decent judging from the single image, but naturally we'll need to see more.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

suspsy

Oh, and a Canada goose! The meanest, toughest, nastiest bird in North America!

Dinoxels

Oh, okay. Alright, alright.
Megalodon looks pretty trashy, reminds me of Schleich's Great White.
The baby Smilodon is nice, will be getting that along with the Emus.
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Given how hard to get the Safari Smilodon cub is, I might get that one as a stand in, nice.
The shark doesn't interest me but if they did a species of extant shark or ray that CollectA, Safari and Mojo have not made, I would get that though.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Faelrin

Can't say I'm terribly interested in these, although I guess I am wondering how the CollectA and/or PNSO ones will compare to this new Megalodon. I suppose it was also inevitable for them to do a Megalodon. I guess other then Schleich the rest of the big name brands have one by now. Though I would be curious to see their take on Dunkleosteus (though I wouldn't surprised if they went with the old Coccosteus tail hypothesis), if they ever bother to do one.

Edit: I guess the wolf is probably part of their fantasy line, but I wonder if it could work as a stand in for a Dire Wolf instead?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Bread

Honestly, these two prehistoric figures are alright. The Megalodon looks decent, and I have been recently looking into purchasing one. PNSO's articulated jaw version is a definite no for me, so Papo's could be it. I don't collect prehistoric mammals, so the cub is a pass, but it does look alright. However, what intrigues me the most are those birds!!! The goose in particular. Also I think those may be the only two releases, assuming that is the entire 2021 catalog. Papo is not really my priority anyways.

suspsy

Can somebody merge the topic avatar_Takama @Takama started with this one?

Carnoking

Shonisaurus

The megalodon can pass for a current shark honestly does not seem interesting regardless of whether it may be well done by Papo, I'll stick with its collecta counterpart.

I like the smilodon calf better and it can be a companion to my safari calf smilodon. There are few baby smilodon on the toy dinosaur market, it's good that Papo made one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

another place I'm saving money, awesome.

Gwangi

Been a few years now since I've bought a Papo model, they better step up their game what with the new competition in town. Papo is being pushed out of the niche it created.

Mattyonyx

Gwangi

Is the bovid next to the megalodon supposed to be an aurochs? If so than I'm definitely interested in that.

Lanthanotus

The recent dinosaurs definetly raise my interest... now, let`s see what they got in their backhand...

Primeval12

No dinosaurs? I am beyond disappointed. Let's hope they have some up their sleeve. 

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on December 22, 2020, 09:53:39 PM
Been a few years now since I've bought a Papo model, they better step up their game what with the new competition in town. Papo is being pushed out of the niche it created.

Yeah, that's definitely been the case this year. The Megaloceros is great for its rarity, but its sculpting is below that of CollectA and Safari. The Giganotosaurus and the Chilesaurus received way more attention for their inaccuracies as opposed to their actual quality. And nobody really talked about the Stygimoloch at all.

Atokensis

55081 juvenile smilodon
55087 megalodon

Does this mean there will be at least 5 more models by Papo 2021?

Mattyonyx

Quote from: Atokensis on December 23, 2020, 12:11:22 AM
55081 juvenile smilodon
55087 megalodon

Does this mean there will be at least 5 more models by Papo 2021?
No, those codes belong to already existing figures.

Stegotyranno420

So far this is super disappointing

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: