News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegeta365

I think it's safe to say that Andy likes this dinosaur 😆

I still can't decide which colour scheme I prefer. I really want to get the darker one but part of me wonders if the other may have been more realistic? I wonder what scheme Jurassic World will go with.

I'm really excited to see the Triceratops get reviewed and a size comparison vs the Sinoceratops. It should be quite a lot larger but I'm not sure the price difference reflects that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks great. I'm pleased I ordered the orange one. It stands out from the similar grey/purple of the Indominus, brown/grey of the Spino or brown or green of the Rex. 

The should blades are a bit too pronounced but I'll deal with it. Much better than the poor Papo.

Shonisaurus

Without a doubt the two best non-scientific giganotosaurus on the market. It looks a bit bigger than Nanmu's tyrannosaurus although both figures are on a base so I suppose it is optical game.

On the other hand lanatimeshop, when will the two giganotosaurus or rather the two versions of Nanmu giganotosaurus in paint be available? I have mine in charge and I suppose that the wait will be long but honestly I prefer this way to avoid the dreaded national customs that yes or yes they would intercept packages that did not follow the tariff rules.

Callophrys

I've ordered the blue version from AliExpress (My online toy store), and it's currently showing as "shipment accepted by airline" as of 31st January. My previous AliExpress orders arrived in around 10 days after then, so hopefully I'll have it next week! I'm really looking forward to getting it, and I'll be sure to post some photos.

Fenestra

Wow! They look absolutely crisp! Nice, nice, nice!
They are way out of my price range but they are beautiful.
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand the hefty price tag. They look immaculate.

Vegeta365

Quote from: Callophrys on February 05, 2021, 08:26:27 PM
I've ordered the blue version from AliExpress (My online toy store), and it's currently showing as "shipment accepted by airline" as of 31st January. My previous AliExpress orders arrived in around 10 days after then, so hopefully I'll have it next week! I'm really looking forward to getting it, and I'll be sure to post some photos.

Wow Callophrys, you live in England aswell and you always get your Nanmu orders 10 days after shipment accepted. Have you ever brought anything from them that wasn't like a pre-order so you can advise how many days from order to arriving to the UK it usually takes? I've just placed my first order with My online toy store, so that will really help manage my expectations. I was expecting quite a wait. Thanks a lot.

They seem like they are a good seller from AliExpress but I want to receive my first order from them before placing another.

The 3 Nanmu dinos I currently have are so nice that I intend to collect at least one colour of all sculpts.

Carnoking

Of course this review comes a couple days after I pull the trigger on these figures. Choosing which color scheme between these two was probably the toughest call for me to make out of all of Nanmu's offerings thus far. That being said, I stand by my decision of ordering the orange version! 

Vegeta365

Quote from: Carnoking on February 05, 2021, 09:13:08 PM
Of course this review comes a couple days after I pull the trigger on these figures. Choosing which color scheme between these two was probably the toughest call for me to make out of all of Nanmu's offerings thus far. That being said, I stand by my decision of ordering the orange version!

It feels like everyone is saying the same thing. My son and I disagree on a couple of Nanmu dinos but both are very clear in our preference for all. But this one is so close despite the 2colour schemes being so different! I think I prefer the blue and he prefers the orange. So will likely get the orange. I will have to show him the review video tomorrow to see if that sways him at all. I very much doubt it though.

Are most of you getting the base? I will. Now, if only they could make a base to buy separately for the Carnotaurus! Would love to buy one to solve that dinos balance issues. 

Callophrys

Quote from: Vegeta365 on February 05, 2021, 09:04:16 PM

Wow Callophrys, you live in England aswell and you always get your Nanmu orders 10 days after shipment accepted. Have you ever brought anything from them that wasn't like a pre-order so you can advise how many days from order to arriving to the UK it usually takes? I've just placed my first order with My online toy store, so that will really help manage my expectations. I was expecting quite a wait. Thanks a lot.

They seem like they are a good seller from AliExpress but I want to receive my first order from them before placing another.

The 3 Nanmu dinos I currently have are so nice that I intend to collect at least one colour of all sculpts.

Hi V @Vegeta365. My 3 orders from Model Toy Centre took 11 days, 11 days, and 17 days from order to delivery. The one which took 17 days spent 6 days in the UK before it was delivered to me, but that could have been due to traffic disruption caused by the recent weather. I currently have the GR Carcharodontosaurus on pre-order from Model Toy Centre, and they're advising that it will be available in late February. Also bear in mind that Chinese New Year is coming up soon, which is an extended holiday in China, so expect delays because of that.

Vegeta365

Quote from: Callophrys on February 05, 2021, 10:10:18 PM

Hi V @Vegeta365. My 3 orders from Model Toy Centre took 11 days, 11 days, and 17 days from order to delivery. The one which took 17 days spent 6 days in the UK before it was delivered to me, but that could have been due to traffic disruption caused by the recent weather. I currently have the GR Carcharodontosaurus on pre-order from Model Toy Centre, and they're advising that it will be available in late February. Also bear in mind that Chinese New Year is coming up soon, which is an extended holiday in China, so expect delays because of that.

Thanks a lot. That's a lot quicker than I was expecting!

Have you ever had to pay customs on your 3 orders?

I'm quite excited now. Could be with me in a weeks time. Ordered 5 Nanmu sets so a reasonable order. Just got paid so if these arrive in good time I can look at another. Glad I saved up for these. The collection is getting bigger though!

Syndicate Bias

https://youtu.be/Q9I03V_TN_k

I ordered both but they have been in cutoms since Jan 31st so yay me

SenSx

Thanks for the vids !

This Giganotosaurus looks fantastic.
How big is it without base compare to the Nanmu Rex ?
I'm afraid it would be bigger than the Rex, I hope it isn't, I'm not quite sure...

KeU

Quote from: SenSx on February 06, 2021, 03:01:08 AM
Thanks for the vids !
I'm afraid it would be bigger than the Rex, I hope it isn't, I'm not quite sure...
Looks like it will be larger than both the Nanmu Rex and Spino.

Wallnut

Quote from: KeU on February 06, 2021, 03:05:10 AM
Quote from: SenSx on February 06, 2021, 03:01:08 AM
Thanks for the vids !
Looks like it will be larger than both the Nanmu Rex and Spino.

İn the andys video the giga was little bit bigger.İt was little bit longer and had more body mass than t rex.

Callophrys

Quote from: Vegeta365 on February 05, 2021, 10:18:13 PM

I'm quite excited now. Could be with me in a weeks time. Ordered 5 Nanmu sets so a reasonable order. Just got paid so if these arrive in good time I can look at another. Glad I saved up for these. The collection is getting bigger though!

No, so far I've had no customs charges.

Vegeta365

Quote from: Callophrys on February 06, 2021, 10:23:07 AM
Quote from: Vegeta365 on February 05, 2021, 10:18:13 PM

No, so far I've had no customs charges.

That's good news! Knowing my luck I will be hit hard first time haha. With any luck, I will know in about 1 week but it's so difficult to tell with how distribution is being impacted right now.

Shonisaurus

Sincerely beautiful sculpture and painting of both giganotosaurus Nanmu is a leading company when it comes to making non-scientific dinosaurs, well the Rebor or W-Dragon companies are also competing for the first place as a brand of dinosaurs, to give two examples.

avatar_SenSx @SenSx avatar_KeU @KeU On the other hand I have seen on facebook the giganotosaurus compared to the Nanmu tyrannosaurus rex without a base and it is a little bigger or at least much more voluminous.

SenSx

Ok thank you guys.
I found this picture on Aliexpress which is pretty telling:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/U879cf36c94344117962990d6705011a3f.jpg

I know the Nanmu's are not supposed to be accurate, but I do mind the size difference, it should be the other way around, so I'm not sure to get it.
Maybe the new Rex will be bigger and will match that Giga, but where do we stop the over exaggerated size for 1/35 ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on February 06, 2021, 02:08:30 PM
Ok thank you guys.

I know the Nanmu's are not supposed to be accurate, but I do mind the size difference, it should be the other way around, so I'm not sure to get it.
Maybe the new Rex will be bigger and will match that Giga, but where do we stop the over exaggerated size for 1/35 ?

Giga is supposed to be a bit bigger than Trex, but it's slightly too large to match what we've established as the base adult size.  But we don't know that's the max size they grew too..maybe just say it's an overly large specimen? Like the huge, muscled Utahraptor from Raptor Red. There are exceptions.

On another note, that pic looks really..green? In tone to me.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 06, 2021, 02:45:56 PM
Quote from: SenSx on February 06, 2021, 02:08:30 PM
Ok thank you guys.

Giga is supposed to be a bit bigger than Trex, but it's slightly too large to match what we've established as the base adult size.  But we don't know that's the max size they grew too..maybe just say it's an overly large specimen? Like the huge, muscled Utahraptor from Raptor Red. There are exceptions.

On another note, that pic looks really..green? In tone to me.

Then I don't know what to think anymore...
I understood Giga being bigger was a belief spread because of inaccurate mesurement methods at the time, but the technics improved, and T-Rex was reevaluated heavier, and taller, although Giga is longer.
But that is true we have very few Giga remains, only two skeletons and one of them is just a jaw fragment.

I understand it might not matter to many collectors anyway, but I do mind :/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: