News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattyonyx

Quote from: KeU on February 08, 2021, 08:16:11 PM
Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 08, 2021, 06:43:05 PM
She's Hannah Dundee from Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
Had to Google her.
You got it spot on, looks like her to me.
That's a cartoon series, not a video game.

There was a Beat'em Up game too.

KeU

Quote from: Mattyonyx on February 08, 2021, 09:48:47 PM
There was a Beat'em Up game too.
I just read about it.
I had no idea there was a tie in game for the cartoon.
Learn something new today.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mostly Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was a comic series, Xenoxoic Tales.  I thought it was Regina looking at tiny pics on my phone this morning but looking now I would say Hannah Dundee is a good guess. If we get Jack Tenrec to go with her now...i approve.

DerbesSchuhwerk

QuoteShe's Hannah Dundee from Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
To give everyone an idea. Seems spot on for me.

Vegeta365

I have no issues with any of these additional figures but I am suprised they have moved in this direction S there are still so many JP/JW characters they can do, different iconic scenes etc and the dinos themselves have been modelled to JP/JW. Seems a very strange decision on their part with that in mind.

Syndicate Bias

I'm fine with it, I love their production quality so any dinosaur JW/JP or not is fine by me.

Over9K

Looks like Japanese Toy/Hobby/Collectible retail giant Hobby Search will be carrying Nanmu's products going forward, starting with the Triceratops. They just added all four variants.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10759251

Ceratosaurus

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pose looks heavily inspired by the sideshow one but it's a jp Rex so I'll deal.

Carnoking

I will never in my life own that Sideshow rex, so to me this is the best of both worlds.

Shonisaurus

That unscientific Nanmu tyrannosaurus is way better than its counterpart based on JP's movie. Thanks Nanmu!

Bread

That sideshow rex is too expensive for me to own anyways. For a $80-$100 figure, it blows that statue out of the water. I love the pose, the sculpt, and I hope I love the colors just as much. Please be screen accurate....

Shonisaurus

By the way the human figure is quite large compared to other human figures of Nanmu. Does that mean that perhaps the Sideshow tyrannosaurus, I call it based on JP's figures, is much smaller than its Nanmu Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus counterparts? Time will give me reason or not.

KeU

Looks to be their largest Theropod yet.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU Yes, from what it seems, it is a huge theropod, in that comparative photo, because the human figure I understand that it is very large compared to other human figures of Nanmu. Thanks for clearing my doubts!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on February 11, 2021, 11:40:02 AM
That sideshow rex is too expensive for me to own anyways. For a $80-$100 figure, it blows that statue out of the water. I love the pose, the sculpt, and I hope I love the colors just as much. Please be screen accurate....

If you do own the statue you wouldn't think so. It's an accurate T.rex sculpted by Jorge Blanco.  This bastardized version is nice, mostly due to the very sculpt work of the Sideshow statue they are copying, exactly like with the Apatosaurus.  I'm sure one color variant will be the male tyrannosaur colors from TLW. Just like they used on the alternate female Rex.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 11, 2021, 11:43:20 AM
By the way the human figure is quite large compared to other human figures of Nanmu. Does that mean that perhaps the Sideshow tyrannosaurus, I call it based on JP's figures, is much smaller than its Nanmu Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and giganotosaurus counterparts? Time will give me reason or not.

Where did you see a comparison of Hannah with any of the past human figures?  I think the scales are slightly wonky anyway looking at my collection together. JP3 Grant looks bigger than JP Grant for example.

Quote from: KeU on February 11, 2021, 01:23:12 PM
Looks to be their largest Theropod yet.

In terms of mass and bulk I agree. Seems to scale well with the Giga.

stargatedalek

It doesn't look much like the Sideshow one to me, I'm pretty sure the rex strikes this pose during the camper scene from JP2.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 11, 2021, 05:41:29 PM
It doesn't look much like the Sideshow one to me, I'm pretty sure the rex strikes this pose during the camper scene from JP2.

It's pretty much exactly this one in body.

The closest we get in the film is this scene I think and you can't really see the body in it.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Honestly mine is a mere speculation a simple opinion. Honestly, that human figure that accompanies the tyrannosaurus seems to me more voluminous than other human figures of Nanmu but as you say we would have to see that figure next to others of the brand. I guess it will be the same size. You're right about that. Honestly, what interests me the most and with a huge difference is Nanmu's tyrannosaurus and it looks like an immense figure. Good for Nanmu and her theropod dinosaurs!

Vegeta365

Considering the Nanmu dinos are 1:35 scale and fairly well scaled too eachother (in terms of JW/JP sizes), the figures that accompany them are frustratingly not.

Clare is the biggest omission. She is in heals and running but she is far bigger than she should be comparing to the rest in my current collection.

I love the new T Rex. The bulk is fantastic. As others have mentioned, they will very clearly do the green version from the previous T Rex to match the male colour scheme from TLW, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other colour is a brown variant, though they could go for something massively different.

Having to wait far too long for this and Triceratops.

I wonder how many more dinos we will see this year from Nanmu and what they will be. Really interested to see what is next!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: