News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Honestly I am torn between these two variations with avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon's shared images of the movie. I think the brown variant is the way to go as it's probably one of the most iconic scenes in the franchise; but that grey is also beautiful. Decisions decisions...

Duna

That's very interesting avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon , thanks for sharing ...  ;)

Bread

Thanks for the images avatar_blnadal @blnadal

Still torn on which color variant I want. I don't want both, hm... maybe this will be one of those figures I will have to wait till there are in hand images posted by other members.

SidB

Shonisaurus

By the way, is it known if Nanmu's brachiosaurus figure, placed on all fours, is entirely made of mazico PVC or vinyl or has parts that are made of resin? When will it be available next year for purchase?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 03, 2021, 09:33:35 AM
By the way, is it known if Nanmu's brachiosaurus figure, placed on all fours, is entirely made of mazico PVC or vinyl or has parts that are made of resin? When will it be available next year for purchase?

Looks like PVC for the walking versions and Resin for the standing one. 

Lana posted March 2022 for release.  Price is 105.00 for the walking versions and 145.00 for the standing one.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 03, 2021, 01:23:21 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 03, 2021, 09:33:35 AM

Looks like PVC for the walking versions and Resin for the standing one. 

Lana posted March 2022 for release.  Price is 105.00 for the walking versions and 145.00 for the standing one.
I was unaware prices were already established. Understandable price point, this is going to be a huge figure. I think the best time to purchase this would be on a sale from Aliexpress, for me at least.

SenSx

If you live in Europe, I think Everything dinosaur might be cheaper than Aliexpress because of the new tax.
They are selling the new Rex cheaper than the one I bought on Alie...
But you will have to wait a little more of course.

Vegeta365

Quote from: SenSx on December 03, 2021, 01:38:24 PM
If you live in Europe, I think Everything dinosaur might be cheaper than Aliexpress because of the new tax.

Thanks for this response. I have used EverythingDinosaur a couple times when they started selling Nanmu and I was catching up completing the collection. I prefer to use them (UK buyer) but I'm also impatient and like to have things ASAP. However after catching up the full collection I had not ordered the new T Rex with base yet. Given they did not get the Giga with base I was not expecting them to get the T Rex with base, so after seeing your message that the T Rex was now in stock I just checked and was surprised to see they had the base option and are cheaper than Allie! And in stock too, so just placed my order.

No idea when they may have Barry now that that's going on order for Aliie now though. Can I make myself wait....

Shonisaurus

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Thanks for your answer. It is an understandably expensive figure but the material it is made of, the high quality of the sculpture and painting, and the immense size of Nanmu's brachisaurus earn it that price.

SenSx

Quote from: Vegeta365 on December 03, 2021, 05:21:37 PM

Thanks for this response. I have used EverythingDinosaur a couple times when they started selling Nanmu and I was catching up completing the collection. I prefer to use them (UK buyer) but I'm also impatient and like to have things ASAP. However after catching up the full collection I had not ordered the new T Rex with base yet. Given they did not get the Giga with base I was not expecting them to get the T Rex with base, so after seeing your message that the T Rex was now in stock I just checked and was surprised to see they had the base option and are cheaper than Allie! And in stock too, so just placed my order.

No idea when they may have Barry now that that's going on order for Aliie now though. Can I make myself wait....

Glad it helped.
I bought the new Rex with base fast on Alie, because I too thought it would be a limited edition, like the Giganotosaurus with base was.
But Everything dinosaur is the better deal.

Bread

Looking back at Aliexpress, when this figure was first released on the site, I bought it right away. The price at the time was $95 with base no box. Now looking at the site's listed price, it is $119. So yeah I'd definitely say its way more expensive now on Aliexpress, for this figure at least. Early on the seller let me know that shipping prices were underestimated with this figure. Especially when you add the base, the shipping methods were pricey. Most likely the cause of all this price increase.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 04, 2021, 02:01:12 PM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Thanks for your answer. It is an understandably expensive figure but the material it is made of, the high quality of the sculpture and painting, and the immense size of Nanmu's brachisaurus earn it that price.

It really does.   I'm currently waiting on a quote from Lana for one of each and air shipping as they put up a notice about extended delays.

SenSx

The nanmu Baryonyx are now in stock.
They look gorgeous, but, but I think I'm disapointed by their huge size.
They said back then they reduced the size from 29 to 27 cm, but they actually did not, it's still too big.
Of course they tend to oversize their model for a 1/35, but it is oversized even for its own brand.
It's bigger than the Nanmu Carnotaurus, which seems wrong to me, isn't it ?

By the way I have a question for people leaving in Europe:
How does the new tax work when your order something from Aliexpress ?
Is it calculated first, or do you pay the tax at home ?
The last time I bought the Buck Rex from Alie, but did not pay the tax when it arrived, and I thought I avoided it, but now I wonder if it wasn't just alwready part of the initial price I saw on Alie.
(from what I see It is said the order include the TVA tax, but I would like a confirmation)

Thx

RobinGoodfellow

I'm from Europe and my last orders from Aliexpress were all with pre-paid taxes.
No extra duties required from courier.

If you live in UK it might be cheaper.
But if you live in Europe (after Brexit) it's not  - because of Customs taxes (same as China).
Also because of local currency (today 1 GBP = 1,18 EUR ).

SenSx

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 07, 2021, 12:17:25 PM

I'm from Europe and my last orders from Aliexpress were all with pre-paid taxes.
No extra duties required from courier.

Ok thanks :)

The Nanmu Baryonyx costs 70 euros on Aliexpress right now, I wonder if it will be cheaper on Everythin Dinosaur later (including the14 euros shipping fees).

Thialfi

avatar_SenSx @SenSx it really depends per country I guess; since the new laws I have always had to pay an amount of tax directly to the mail carrier in my native country every time I ordered something from AliExpress.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Thialfi on December 07, 2021, 03:35:23 PM
avatar_SenSx @SenSx it really depends per country I guess; since the new laws I have always had to pay an amount of tax directly to the mail carrier in my native country every time I ordered something from AliExpress.

I'm from Italy.
When I log-in to Aliexpress, after selecting items, the price is automatically re-charged with my import duties ( by Aliexpress itself).
So I can directly pay all the amount with Paypal once.
From last summer I already ordered lots of items this way and I did not pay any extra duty to courier..
I didn't say that no taxes were added: I just said that import duties were pre-paid on web-site directly.

Regards
:)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: