News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, January 02, 2021, 10:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

S @sage2k , thanks for the comparison shots with the Allosaurus and Brachiosaurus.

Bread

Quote from: Abobo on October 19, 2021, 09:54:28 AM
Congratulations on your acquisitions :)
Thank you!

Update on the jaw of my figure:
-Jaw does not want to stay closed at times
-I noticed the jaw when closed presses up against two of the upper teeth, making them somewhat warped backwards or bending towards the throat.
-I can close the mouth but it does not set perfectly, a gap similar to the review video posted in this thread
Side Note:
-the minifigure that comes with the rex leans for mine at least, sometimes falls over but I could care less about this little thing

sage2k

Quote from: Bread on October 20, 2021, 03:18:23 PM
Update on the jaw of my figure:
-Jaw does not want to stay closed at times
-I noticed the jaw when closed presses up against two of the upper teeth, making them somewhat warped backwards or bending towards the throat.
-I can close the mouth but it does not set perfectly, a gap similar to the review video posted in this thread
Side Note:
-the minifigure that comes with the rex leans for mine at least, sometimes falls over but I could care less about this little thing

Same thing with the jaw and teeth on mine.
I tried heating up the jaw and teeth with a hairdryer to try to fix it. The jaw now stays as closed as it can be closed without squishing the back upper teeth. Couldn't figure out what to do with those back teeth since they're placed a bit too far inside in order to overlap the lower jaw.

Btw, I didn't notice anyone drawing attention to the wider base of the front-placed foot of the figure. I really welcome this addition since my last year's green Nanmu rex is very unstable.

S @SidB
You're welcome!
Here's a couple of pics with Nanmu's Trike and Steg if you're curious about those.

Bread

Thank you S @sage2k for the information. I'll try the hair dryer and see the outcome. I may use tweezers after warming up the jaw to slightly move those two teeth forward. I'll provide updates after.

I have the second Tyrannosaurus I ordered (Future Variant again, explained in a post in the previous page) coming in soon. I'll have to see if the issue with the two warped teeth are present. I am going to assume this is more of a transitional issue as the mouth is shut closed in package allowing the teeth to slowly bend even more. Really isn't an issue for me as its barely noticeable, if at all, but just something to note about the figure.

Also, yes I too noticed the foot was wider on its left side. Thank you for pointing out to others sage2k! I was initially worried this was a defect on mine, but saw in other people's images that it too was present.

Thank you for the comparison images as well S @sage2k
This figure is stunning!

Faelrin

S @sage2k Great pics. Love the cat one too lol.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Abobo

Bread

Thank you for posting those images here too avatar_Abobo @Abobo

I added a 2022 thread as we probably won't be seeing the Parasaurolophus (corpse and figure) until 2022. So far we just have the Baryonyx pair to be released in 2021 (so far if there is no delays with shipping and production).

Carnoking

This was certainly a pleasant surprise to return home from work to. Thought I'd be waiting another couple of weeks at least for this big, beautiful brute.

Unfortunately, it did come with some paint slops on the tip of the tail, right thigh, and teeth. Luckily it's on the side I won't see but it's weird nonetheless. QC issues are not something I typically associate with Nanmu.

The King and Queen together at last.

Sooner or later, false kings always fall.

Loving my desk view more and more.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm getting more packages ordered through Lana with a California address. I'm wondering if they have setup some sort of warehouse there?

dragon53

My Future King arrived today. My only complaint is I wish it had a matte finish like Papo's two Tyrannosaurs. I watched LOST WORLD again tonight to see if it had a matte finish---when the T. Rex sticks his head in Julianne Moore's tent, the closeup shows it has a matte finish.

I chose the optional base, and I'm glad I got it because it adds a lot to the Future King model itself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on October 26, 2021, 05:12:10 AM
My Future King arrived today. My only complaint is I wish it had a matte finish like Papo's two Tyrannosaurs. I watched LOST WORLD again tonight to see if it had a matte finish---when the T. Rex sticks his head in Julianne Moore's tent, the closeup shows it has a matte finish.

I chose the optional base, and I'm glad I got it because it adds a lot to the Future King model itself.

You can get a can of Matte spray and clear coat it to dull it .   The Rex scenes were almost always in the rain or wet so I guess that's why it's glossy.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 26, 2021, 02:50:54 PM
Quote from: dragon53 on October 26, 2021, 05:12:10 AM

You can get a can of Matte spray and clear coat it to dull it .   The Rex scenes were almost always in the rain or wet so I guess that's why it's glossy.
Thank you for the recommendation. I have a second one coming in, so I'll be adding that Matte spray and scars on the face.

Also, congratulations on your acquisitions avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking and D @dragon53

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks, I never thought about the rain aspect---I just thought Nanmu was saving money/production costs by not having a matte finish. The Future King's base appears to have a matte finish.

I really like the matte finish on the Nanmu blue Giganotosaurus.

dinodamage

If anyone uses a matte finish on their figure, please post pics! Curious to see how that would turn out and if I might want to do the same once mine arrives

LBDINO

Maybe a little random but after getting the buck t rex I cant wait to see what nanmu will produce when the new movie comes out. The giga design is awful not excited for it to be honest. I am excited to see there version of the feathered rexy probably the figure am most anticipating. The new buck is great just missing the scars that would have made it perfect.

Bread

So my second Tyrannosaurus, future variant arrived few days. As explained earlier, Aliexpress sent me this variant instead of the mountain variant on accident. No big deal to me as I honestly enjoy having two regardless, and if anything this will open up repaint ideas, such as adding scars and a matte finish.

Anyways, having two models in hand shows the comparison in quality for each product. Overall not much of a difference between the two, biggest I would say is the opening of the jaw. First one that came with base has a looser articulated jaw, and the other that just arrived has a stronger, firmer, and much smoother jaw articulation.

Now, in terms of paint, I'll give a small rundown with images, which most likely images will be the best to explain.

Left side of the figure, slight smudge, or over applied paint. Not exactly sure, someone could explain better.

Compared to the other figure, which lacks this.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking's variant seems to have this, and I honestly think that all figures may have this somewhat paint stripe that continues, since both of mine has this. Can anyone else confirm or provide images of the right side of the figure.

Shonisaurus

Now I understand more about your purchase, they didn't send you the variant. Couldn't you claim? Honestly, that has been a negligence of the company from Aliexpress, Ebay or Amazon, although if you like to keep the two figures with the same color as I do, I love having the two identical figures of Papo's spinosaurus because that way you have a herd of tyrannosaurus Nanmu, it never hurts when one of the two deteriorates. My congratulations, I emphasize again. I am sorry that you still do not have the other variant, I had not found out that in previous messages you had emphasized that you had been sent the same variant of the last Nanmu tyrannosaurus. Sorry.

Bread

Its all good avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus. If anything I could just sell one off, but I have been a big fan of the Buck from TLW. More so than the first Tyrannosaurus from the original movie. So having two of these really doesn't bother me. I do wish I had the Mountain variant, but it is okay for now. Still love these Nanmu figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: