News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna Hopes and Dreams

Started by GojiraGuy1954, January 21, 2021, 12:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

EoFauna is one of my favourite dinosaur model companies. The amount of effort and intricacy put into their models is amazing, as well as the astounding accuracy, better than any other Dinosaur company i've seen before. There are a lot of species that I would like EoFauna to make, but here's my most wanted of a few select families;

Theropoda- Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
Sauropodomorpha- Argentinosaurus huinculensis
Ornithischia- Edmontosaurus annectens
Neoornithiscia- Torosaurus latus / Pachyrhinosaurus perotorum
Proboscidea- Platybelodon grangeri
Perissodactyla- Paraceratherium bugtiense
Creodonta- Hyaenodon gigas
Carnivora- Amphicyon major
Artiodactyla- Livyatan melvillei
Pilosa- Megatherium americanum
Squamata- Mosasaurus hoffmannii
Sauropterygia- Elasmosaurus platyurus
Ichthyopterygia- Shonisaurus popularis
Testudinata- Archelon ischyros
Crocodilia- Deinosuchus hatcheri
Pterosauria- Quetzalcoatlus northropi
Millerettidae- Mesosaurus tenuidens
Ankyramorpha- Scutosaurus karpinskii
Arthrodira- Dunkleosteus terrelli
Lamniformes- Otodus megalodon
Temnospondyli- Mastodonsaurus giganteus
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

suspsy

I'd like to see Tyrannosaurus rex based on the artwork in Larramendi and Molina-Perez's Theropods book. Really fond of that design. And you can say whatever you want about the tyrant king being way overdone, but none of you can deny the fact that it would absolutely sell, far better than any of their previous products. As sure as there's scales on snakes.

I'd also like to see Gigantoraptor and Austroraptor from that book as well.

And from their Sauropods book, I want a Barosaurus lentus. It recently occurred to me that Barosaurus has really been neglected by all the toy companies despite the fact that it's the longest and third heaviest dinosaur, and it's known from good fossil remains. An Eofauna Brachytrachelopan would also be fantastic.

As for megafauna, I'll go with two of my top desires: Arctotherium and Megatherium. Biggest of bears and biggest of sloths.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2021, 01:18:52 PM
I'd like to see Tyrannosaurus rex based on the artwork in Larramendi and Molina-Perez's Theropods book. Really fond of that design. And you can say whatever you want about the tyrant king being way overdone, but none of you can deny the fact that it would absolutely sell, far better than any of their previous products. As sure as there's scales on snakes.

I'd also like to see Gigantoraptor and Austroraptor from that book as well.

And from their Sauropods book, I want a Barosaurus lentus. It recently occurred to me that Barosaurus has really been neglected by all the toy companies despite the fact that it's the longest and third heaviest dinosaur, and it's known from good fossil remains. An Eofauna Brachytrachelopan would also be fantastic.

As for megafauna, I'll go with two of my top desires: Arctotherium and Megatherium. Biggest of bears and biggest of sloths.
Yeah, i want an EoFauna rex a lot as well. Itd go good with the Trike.

indohyus

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 21, 2021, 12:20:28 PM

Carnivora- Hyaenodon gigas

Sorry to be pedantic, but Hyeanodon is a Creodont rather than a Carnivoran. Good choice though.

I'd like to see them tackle Dreadnautus, purely because of the name, or Sauroposiedon.

GojiraGuy1954

GojiraGuy1954

duplicate message

Sim

I'd really like Eofauna to make the following:

Suchomimus
If Eofauna wants to make another large theropod I hope they'd pick Suchomimus.  I think it would come out very well in their style.  There's been a ton of Spinosaurus models and even Baryonyx has had some nice models, meanwhile Suchomimus hasn't gotten anything.

Saurornithoides
Troodontids were one of the most successful types of dinosaur, living in varied environments from the Late Jurassic all the way to the end of the Cretaceous.  However there still isn't a good model of one.  Saurornithoides is also one of my favourite dinosaurs.

Herrerasaurus
Another one of my favorite dinosaurs which does't have a good model representation.

Bipedal Riojasaurus
Bipedal Lufengosaurus
Riojasaurus has never been made into a model while Lufengosaurus hasn't been done well.  I didn't choose Plateosaurus because I hope/think Safari would make one.  There might also be a Plateosaurus from Wild Past (hopefully in the not very distant future avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector).

Thalassomedon
I'd love to have a Thalassomedon with smooth skin.

Rhamphorhynchus
I'd love to have a good model of my favourite pterosaur!

Velociraptor mongoliensis
I'd really like to have an Eofauna version of my favourite dinosaur!  I hope that one day I could have a Saurornithoides and Velociraptor in the same scale, since they lived in the same time and place.

suspsy

Suchomimus and Riojasaurus would be keen.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

dyno77

Eofauna do the most research of any of the main companies unlike schleich and papo who clearly do no research at all.
Their books contain the records of the largest individuals  and other records from things i wouldn't even have though about .
Hope to see more mammoths and some cave bears,elasmotherium, and titanotherium.
For dinosaurs ,saurophagnax ,shangtungosaurus,saurolophus,torosaurus,gallimimus...

Subduction

I hope you don't mind me taking inspiration from your list, GojiraGuy1954! As for what I'd like to see EoFauna make...

Theropoda: Torvosaurus tanneri
Sauropodomorpha: Shunosaurus jiangyiensis
Proboscidea: Gomphotherium productum
Creodonta: Simbakubwa kutokaafrika
Pterosauria: Pterodaustro guinazui
Ankyramorpha: Gastonia burgei
Actinopterygii: Leedsichthys problematicus
Temnospondyli: Prionosuchus plummeri

I tried not to repeat species/genus people have already mentioned. Everyone's suggestions are so good! :D

Sim

Because Eofauna doesn't give their dinosaurs cheeks, I'm not keen on any ornithischian from them.  A stegosaur would perhaps be most appealing to me as an ornithischian from Eofauna.  However I'd be very happy to see Falcarius from Eofauna.  I favour a cheekless look for that dinosaur, so Eofauna could nail it!

Halichoeres

Definitely on board for a basal sauropodomorph. There are very few decent ones in existence.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

I'm sure it's been said before, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of them tackling Deinocheirus. If the current idea is that they either had thin coats or barely any feathers, it would definitely be unique from the current figures of said species. I'd definitely prefer EoFauna's smoother sculpting to whatever horrors PNSO would do to it.

sauroid

excellent thread and one of my hopes and dreams is for this cool thread to be transferred to the specialized section so people can easily find it. ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jorgesaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.