News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Return to the Crackington Formation

Started by Crackington, March 07, 2021, 03:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackington

Well it's taken me a couple of eras to get around to it, but I thought it was about time I added my collection to Version 2 of the Forum.

I did have a thread on Version 1 which can be seen here (seems a long time ago!): https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3403/crackingtons-formation?page=1

I'll start with some snaps of the main cabinet (Site A) which has not changed too much, though there's been some shuffling and additions over time:

I'll focus in on the shelves denizens soon, but will take a closer look at the Invicta Nature Reserve at the top first:

A couple of other pics showing different angles:

I hope you enjoy them, more soon.

Lanthanotus

Nice... had to enlarge the picture to find the nice margarine/Homann or so Archaeopteryx and Stegosaurus... also spot the Revell Dimetrodon.... and where`s that
Williamsonia from? :)

Halichoeres

That's a very nice setup! I've just bought my first curio cabinet and I'm now trying to figure out which figures to promote to the fancy new housing. You have a really interesting mix of figures; I love the variety.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 07, 2021, 04:06:25 PM
Nice... had to enlarge the picture to find the nice margarine/Homann or so Archaeopteryx and Stegosaurus... also spot the Revell Dimetrodon.... and where`s that
Williamsonia from? :)

I'm curious about this too. Is that an Aurora?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Crackington

Thanks for the kind words avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus and avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres. The tree is indeed Aurora related, from the foliage kits Prehistorix produced a few years back. It's a resin reproduction of the tree from the Spiked Dinosaur kit. I'm unsure of species, they just called it a tree fern with palm fronds!

Good spot of the Shreddies Archaeopteryx and Stegosaurus in the small wall cabinet, I'll add a close-up of that soon. This is actually Site C, but all will be revealed eventually!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on your two new acquisitions. I honestly like the PNSO spinosaurus much more than its Safari counterpart. It is a much more realistic dinosaur and is much better painted from an artistic point of view.

Crackington

Hi avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus, good to hear from you, but afraid I don't have that Spinosaurus. In fact I'm quite bereft of them, only the mini Collecta and a blind bag JW to show at some point (I think!).

However, you have prompted me to show the next photo, featuring another sailed back beastie! Being short of space generally, I tend to go for smaller figures more (old and tiny are best!), but I do like to have some larger "show case" models too to heighten the display.

This shelf is populated by palaeozoic citizens, though there maybe one or two Triassic gate-crashers too, enjoy:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Crackington @Crackington Sorry, I made the wrong post. The question I asked you was the following: what is the ankylosaurus that you have in the display case next to the polacanthus foxi from WWD?

ceratopsian

Nice display!  I'm taken with the blending with real greenery!

BlueKrono

What is the little Amargasaurus on the lower right, next to the Terra?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Crackington

Thanks avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian - you might be able to tell that I don't have complete control of the cabinet. The (real) plant is one of Mrs Crackington's, she's very green fingered, as is the shelf with the Hindu deity. My daughters have a  lot of input too, which you can see from the various representatives of homo sapiens scattered around 😊

No need to apologise avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus,  I thought you might have posted in the wrong thread, but you are very welcome nonetheless.

I'll post a picture of the main dinosaur shelf soon, but can tell you that the Ankylosaurus is the Revell reissue of the old Aurora kit. I like the oldies!

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono - it's the mini Collecta version, looks like it's calf.

Crackington

Time for the next photo, which I called the "Jurassic Sea" in my original thread on Version 1. I now think of it largely as the "Hell's Aquarium" shelf, but it's not too strict, with land-lubber critters able to come and gawk too.

Some of the marine reptiles are among my faves here, particularly the Toyway, Invicta and Collecta models. I even have a soft spot for the Cog Ichthyosaurus hiding at the back.

Shonisaurus

What a nice collection. I like the cleanliness of these shelves, the order and the beautiful photographic effect, they look like the Collecta fish figures such as the xiphactinus and the leedsichthys to give two examples, larger than normal.

Loon

Ooo, I love an Aquatic display! The Liopleurodon really makes a great centerpiece. But, I gotta know, are those the little things they put in the center of pizzas? If not, they really remind me of them. Maybe just pizza on the mind.

Crackington

Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , really appreciate your comments. As I haven't got too much space, I do prefer the smaller figures as it means I can get more of them! I'm using a Nokia mobile phone to take the pictures and think I'm getting a bit better at it. I have some photos on the DinoToyCollector site, so that has helped me improve.

avatar_Loon @Loon  you have very sharp eyes! The "plinths"  are indeed the centre bit from pizzas! They make great stands for the figures and come with a tasty free meal too 😉

UK

Quote from: Crackington on March 11, 2021, 07:40:00 PM
Thanks avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus , really appreciate your comments. As I haven't got too much space, I do prefer the smaller figures as it means I can get more of them! I'm using a Nokia mobile phone to take the pictures and think I'm getting a bit better at it. I have some photos on the DinoToyCollector site, so that has helped me improve.

avatar_Loon @Loon  you have very sharp eyes! The "plinths"  are indeed the centre bit from pizzas! They make great stands for the figures and come with a tasty free meal too 😉

Great collection avatar_Crackington @Crackington. Nice to finally have the grand tour. We share a similar ethos and space limitations.

Loon

avatar_Crackington @Crackington I love the ingenuity there! Anything that spices up a display is always welcome, whether it comes with a large cheese or not. Now I want to order a pizza...

Faelrin

I love those displays. Like a miniature museum. What a fantastic menagerie of rare figures too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Crackington

Thanks for the kind comments avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin and I hope you enjoy your pizza avatar_Loon @Loon!

avatar_UK @UK  thanks to you too, your collection is one of those which inspired me to show off this one (again).  I've also pinched some of your displaying ideas, but that will be revealed soon....

I think everyone has now dried off after the dip in the Tethys Ocean, so time for the next pic. Finally some dinosaurs! Highlight here are Rosie the Revell Ankylosaurus, Polly the Polacanthus from Toyway and some others you might enjoy:

Gwangi

Been enjoying watching this thread, I knew you had a diverse collection. Refreshing to see since so many others are kind of same-same.

Bokisaurus

Nice to see you revive and update your collection thread, always fun to see others collection displays :D
Fun display, and I'm always surprised when I realize the small sizes of many of the figures! The cubes are cool way to isolate them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: