You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Where do I get old non-dinosaur prehistoric animal toys?

Started by Master Tyrannosaurus, June 16, 2021, 04:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Tyrannosaurus

I see these certain types of amphibians used alot in all kinds of dioramas, including ones in Prehistoric Times magazine. Where do I get them? I've always wanted them :-\

Newt

I'm afraid there's no one-stop shop for such figures, so how to find it will depend on what exactly it is. If you can give a more specific description, or share a picture, it will help a lot!

Halichoeres

First, welcome to the forum!

I suspect you're mostly thinking of this set from Play Visions, released in 1998: http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/02/11/prehistoric-amphibians-play-visions/

There hasn't really been anything like that since, but now and again you can find the Play Visions figures for trade here on the forum, or for sale on eBay. Kaiyodo released a Diplocaulus in 2001 and an Eryops in 2004, and while they can be a little expensive, they're reasonably easy to find. You can find photos of a wide variety of prehistoric amphibians at this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=207.0

But finding non-dinosaurs in general is pretty hard. There have only been three or four prehistoric amphibian figures from toy companies in the last 20 years, and they haven't been very good.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Master Tyrannosaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.