News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Morrill Hall virtual museum

Started by Patrx, June 16, 2021, 09:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

I work for the local public media station, and our department has been working closely with the state museum, Morrill Hall, on some cool new projects that will make the museum more accessible globally. My focus has been on a fairly involved virtual space that I can't really talk much about yet, but some other folks on my team just finished their panoramic virtual tour, covering every bit of all four floors of the museum. This area is most famous for its mammal fossils, especially elephants, but there are a few dinosaurs to see here too, including some great sculpture by Gary Staab and his team. The tour should run pretty easily even on fairly old devices or slow connections; you can check it out for yourself here!

Carnoking

GOOOOOO BIG RED!  ;)

I spent my fair share of time in this museum. This is so cool!

Patrx

Go Big Red indeed! Without the college football team, I daresay the economy of the entire city would collapse :o

Even though I've spent a lot of time in this museum, I still find it really fun to click through the virtual version and look around.

Dusty Wren

Oh, this is so cool. I've wanted to visit Morrill Hall forever, but Nebraska is pretty out of the way for me. Glad I can make a virtual trip, at least.
Check out my customs thread!

Carnoking

I didn't realize how much I missed it until this

Pachyrhinosaurus

Those are some really great exhibits! I especially like the older-style displays and signage.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.