News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

W-Dragon - New for 2021

Started by blnadal, June 21, 2021, 07:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blnadal

Quote from: Bread on September 16, 2021, 08:32:17 PM
Does Dan not have a preorder open for the Mosasaurus? Or does he plan to?
idk, but Indoraptor is USD160 on Sugotoys and USD300 on Dan's Dinosaurs...

ChrisLikesDinos

Could someone potentially point me into the direction for any official W-Dragon accounts/websites, or points of contact?

Looking to reach out to them for coverage on Jurassic Outpost.

Thanks!

blnadal

blnadal

Shonisaurus

Honestly these W-Dragon figures are so much better than JW's other dinosaur figures and creatures far surpass their Nanmu counterpart.

blnadal

stargatedalek

I think that's a bootleg of the Nanmu? The paint looks much worse than the real ones. And even then, while this is nicer, how many times more does it cost than the (real) Nanmu?

blnadal

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 25, 2021, 04:39:23 AM
I think that's a bootleg of the Nanmu? The paint looks much worse than the real ones. And even then, while this is nicer, how many times more does it cost than the (real) Nanmu?
Nanmu USD85.00
W-Dragon USD160.00

Shonisaurus

What an amazing figure! It honestly costs a lot of money even if it came without the base but it deserves that astronomical price. It is even so much better than the Mattel figures it is hands down the best indomimus rex made to date. I will be admired by those who have the fortune to obtain that figure! Very cool figure, typical of an experienced collector.

SenSx

Yea sure the W-Dragon looks better, it might need a better comparaison with a non bootleg Nanmu, if this one is a indeed a bootleg.
Hasn't Nanmu announced that they'll make a new Indominus Rex though ?

Such a good thing I hate JW movies and everything related to it, I can keep my money  ;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

W Dragon is at least using some of that money to pay licensing, unlike some.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Carnoking

If that is indeed a knock-off Nanmu product, at least it's one of the better looking knock-offs. Either way, there's always been something a bit off about the Nanmu offering to me, and I do think this W-dragon sculpt is far superior (as it should be, given that it's two times the cost). I'm sorely tempted by it but am not sure it's in the cards for me at the moment.
As far as a second indominus from Nanmu goes, they've been pretty quiet about that since the teaser they posted on April 1st, leading me to believe it was an April Fool's prank although I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere.

Bread

I don't doubt that Nanmu would release an Indominus (Beserker rex V2) in the near future again. With that in mind, I could pass on the W-Dragon, but it is a beautiful figure. Just not worth $160+ to me.

blnadal

@jurassic_victim

Shonisaurus

It is impressive this indomimus rex even outperforms its non-scientific theropod counterparts from JP / JW.

Blade-of-the-Moon

When viewed from any perspective but the side the Indominus looks great, but it side view she looks way too thin.  My Indoraptor just shipped so I'm hoping to finally see in hand what the quality is on these. 

LBDINO

I wish that w dragon rexy wasn't bronze don't understand it, why not make one with regular apps

Everything being equal if you gave nanmu a chance to get everything w dragon has from the license i may put my money on nanmu to come out with a better figure

Blade-of-the-Moon

Comparison shot.   I think the bottom line here is if you can swing the Prime1 get it.  If you want a budget option or don't have the space get the W-Dragon .   The Nanmu is good for the lower budget tier.

Bread

Never liked JW:FK, but these models of the Indoraptor really bring the monster to life. If I could choose any it would be that W-Dragon model, I feel like the prime1 has too much detail in a way that ruins the appearance of the Indoraptor. Maybe it is just me. Thanks for the photos and comparisons avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: