News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lindberg "Velociraptor" Model kit

Started by jweber26, November 04, 2012, 03:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jweber26

I was browsing the store Tuesday Mornings today and found this model kit for $5:

I'm not too shabby when it comes to kitbashing. So I'd like to do something more interesting with this figure. I'm totally comfortable repositioning and doing minor resculpting on this figure.

So.... what pose would you like to see this kit in? or what else would you like to see done. I'll take the some of the best suggestions and go to town on this kit.

Thanks!

Takama

Either Acuratize it and make it featherd with shorter arms. Or make it into some reptilian monster like creature

tyrantqueen

If it was me, I'd reposition the arms so the palms are facing each other. Add feathers too.
And also, tweak the head so that the mouth is closed and we can't see those goofy teeth.

Of course, it is your call 8)

Reminds me of what Luis Rey did to an old Charlie McGrady raptor

jweber26

Nice advice! That is pretty cool. Bouncing back and forth deciding if I should try to make it more like a raptor (like you suggested) or a more interestingly posed Deinonychus.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 04, 2012, 09:30:55 AM
If it was me, I'd reposition the arms so the palms are facing each other. Add feathers too.
And also, tweak the head so that the mouth is closed and we can't see those goofy teeth.

Of course, it is your call 8)

Reminds me of what Luis Rey did to an old Charlie McGrady raptor

pylraster

I agree with what Takama said... if you can't seem to make it into something that resembles a real dinosaur, then make it some fantasy creature. A man-raptor perhaps?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.