News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Diablo VS Diablo

Started by Takama, November 04, 2012, 07:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which 2013 Diabloceratops model do you prefer

CollectA
Safari LTD

Takama

Simple,   Since theres argument over the Two Diabloceratopese next year, I thought I open a poll for people to vote.

Seijun

I like the head of the safari version much better, but I prefer the body on the collecta (especially the feet). However, I also prefer the pose of the safari much more than the collecta.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

tyrantqueen

Argument? What argument? I was only saying I preferred CollectA's version, I did not intend to start a fight.

Please do not add more fuel to the fire :( "Debate" or "discussion" would be a better word...

DinoToyForum

I prefer the head of the Safari figure, and the body of the Safari figure. My vote goes for Safari :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like the head and quills on the CollectA..but I like the pose and scale pattern on the Safari more. Guess I'll end up getting both of em'. :)

Bokisaurus

For me, they are very different from each other. They both of their plus and minus for me. For me, Safari's version is not as imaginative and dynamic as CollectA's, a very safe (typical Safari ;)) choice for this species.
But it looks more polished (as it should be) that CollectA's. Also looks a bit too skinny :))
CollectA, as expected, is more imaginative and "creative" in their interpretation. I find it more interesting in that terms.
Just wish they made the eyes a bit smaller, or not as round. The color also could have been more interesting and original. Really, they could have followed the style of this year's Utah and Kosmo, both nicely done figures, IMHO :))
In the end, I truly like both. For me, as a collector, the beauty is that I get two very distinctive interpretation of the species, what more can I ask for? ;) ;D

Primeval12

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 04, 2012, 08:48:46 PM
Guess I'll end up getting both of em'. :)

They're both cool, I'll get them both as well.

SBell

I don't intend to vote until I've seen them in person--a lot can change from catalogue photo to final product.

Gryphoceratops

The safari, according to what I can see so far, is more accurate to what the real fossils show.  It also looks like its going to be more detailed.  If we compare safari's other recent ceratopsids to collectA's this is only reinforced. 

deanm

Like sbell, I'm waiting to see the production models.

;D Maybe a suggestion for the poll is to add a couple more categories:

c) waiting until I see production run figures
d) like it really matters... I'm gonna buy both anyway...  ;) :) ;)

Takama

No one is forced to vote  so if one wishs to wait for new photos, then so be it.

I also gave the option to change vote

Balaur

Man! I don't know! I love the detail on the Safari, liek several people have said, the Safari ones head is better. I will get both of them, but I prefer Safari's.

Himmapaan

I will probably end up getting both, too.  ;D

Gryphoceratops

I think the whole "waiting to see what they look like in person/better photos" concept is implied.  At least with me it is.  This is based off what we know now. 

Gwangi

I voted for the Safari model, it actually looks like a real animal. The CollectA does have some charm though, I may get it someday.

paleoferroequine

OK, the Safari is definitely better, the CollectA frill is way too long.  I already have three Diablos that I converted, (2 adults, one juvie) so the Safari is a better match. But I will get both, the CollectA will be good fodder for something else. ;D  I will keep one intact. ;)

Yutyrannus

I think the safari is far better and more life-like, but I like the quills on the collecta, but that's fixable >:D.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

ZoPteryx

I vote for the Safari Diablo.  The CollectA one's good, but...not as good. ::)

Jetoar

I think the same. I dont like the colors. Collecta are using the same colors for all ceratopsians with huge frills.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

comandantedavid

Had to think about this one for a bit.  Head and overall impression finally settled it in favor of Safari, even though the limbs look really overdeveloped.  I like the dynamic pose and coloration of the Collecta, but the head seems way too big, and it gives a very strong impression of hollow plastic - at least in the photo.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: