News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2022

Started by Takama, August 03, 2021, 08:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Leyster on September 11, 2021, 08:12:55 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 11, 2021, 03:15:18 PM
The Majungasaurus is the best of the dinosaurs and until Safari, CollectA, or PNSO make one I dare say it's the best representative of the genus.
I think Vitae's and even Mattel did a better job portraying this genus. Even the PNSO mini, despite the arms.

I forgot about Vitae's and the PNSO mini. I would have to disagree about the Mattel, even though I do have it and like it.

Good call, avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 11, 2021, 11:33:13 AM
Those look decent.

Quote from: PrimevalRaptor on September 11, 2021, 11:16:14 AM
I swear I've seen the color scheme before

Dinosaur King
https://dinosaurking.fandom.com/wiki/Majungasaurus

Wouldn't be the first time.

I had the exact same thought on that one!

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

I see that the Styracosaurus IS LISTED. Good! Now, hopefully it's a decent one.

Libraraptor

Although it is far from correct,  I'll probably get the Nothosaurus.  I would like to see it from different ankles.

Irritation

So far, these look decent. The Parasaurolophus is easily the best one and I like that it's got the Jurassic World Website colors. Nothosaurus looks kinda cursed, the Majungasaurus looks alright (Nice Dinosaur King-based colors), and the Amargasaurus looks ok. Hopefully we'll get to see the Styracosaurus soon.

Gwangi

I'll say this much, the Amargasaurus looks better than Papo's.

sauroid

hope to see better and decent pics soon, and also im dying to see the Styracosaurus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

Quote from: Gwangi on September 12, 2021, 07:40:35 PM
I'll say this much, the Amargasaurus looks better than Papo's.
Well, that sure is setting a low bar!

I personally was hoping for the Amargasaurus to be half decent, but in fact, it's turned out to be the worst of the bunch. The Majungasaurus isn't as bad as I was expecting, and I like the Dinosaur King reference, but the soon to be released Wild Past version is at a completely different level.

And I have the Replica-Saurus 2007 Parasaurolophus and I still think it's a better figure overall. The only thing I prefer of this new version is the color scheme, which, ironically, Schleich copied.

I miss the Replica-Saurus line days. Had they continued that line...

Brontozaurus

The Nothosaurus doesn't look half-bad, and so does the Majungasaurus. I definitely like the Dinosaur King-esque colouring on the latter. Those two are definitely on my 'pick up if I see them in a shop and they look good' list.

The others are an easy pass.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Shonisaurus

How beautiful are all the novelties of Schleich 2022!

Amargasaurus is by far the best sauropod made by this company, it looks spectacular, it is well sculpted and correctly painted.

The parasaurolophus is the best of all those made by this brand to date, the banana-colored model as I called it is in the place of shame and the pose is different from that of most parasaurolophus from other brands. That distinctive green on the ridge gives it a really cool touch

Finally a nothosaurus in a big size! I find it super scientific and well sculpted, beautifully sculpted and very detailed. I am glad that Schleich dares with very rare figures on the market.

The majungasaurus is perhaps one of the best that Schleich has done in theropods. Its paint is very good, although it is not conservative, it is just as great as other brands such as BoTM. Finally an abelisaurid that is not known carnotaurus! A deserved tribute to the fossils of Madagascar.

It's honestly Schleich's best prehistoric animal year by far. The genius of Schleich's figures is comparable in genius to other companies such as Safari, Collecta or PNSO. He has sincerely listened to people like me. I have never lost faith in Schleich and I see that I am not mistaken.

My 10 out of 10 mark for Schleich compared to other years.

I've missed a lot of the 2022 novelty party. These figures are a must-buy for me. All that remains is to see the styracosaurus will surely leave his former Schleich figure in the place of shame.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 12, 2021, 05:28:48 PM
Although it is far from correct,  I'll probably get the Nothosaurus.  I would like to see it from different ankles.

I'd like to see its ankles from different angles. ;D

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 14, 2021, 03:24:21 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on September 12, 2021, 05:28:48 PM

I'd like to see its ankles from different angles. ;D

Thank you very much!  ;D ^-^

suspsy

Images of the Styracosaurus are also hitting Facebook. It's a "meh" for me.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Quote from: suspsy on September 14, 2021, 09:48:59 PM
Images of the Styracosaurus are also hitting Facebook. It's a "meh" for me.

Any links/pics?

Takama

SidB

This is easily their best Styracosaurus, since their previous two were terrible. I like it and will grab one, when available. How many of the front nails are painted, Is it two or three? Hard to tell from this angle.

Gwangi

For Schleich, I think this is a fantastic Styracosaurus. But there are better, and as a result I won't be getting this one. If they had done a less popular ceratopsian, like Centrosaurus, I would be all over it.

SidB

Faelrin

avatar_Takama @Takama Thanks for sharing the image.

Well this is certainly a step in the right direction compared to their previous efforts, but I don't feel particularly drawn to it, but that's because I'm already spoiled by both the Safari Ltd and BotM options out there. The color scheme isn't the most exciting either, if I'm being honest.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: