News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauria animated series

Started by Thialfi, August 11, 2021, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Just a few more days until the Youtube premiere

Here's another announcement from Dead Sound (David James Armsby)
QuoteThe "Dinosauria" Series isn't just a series of animated short films. I've been treating this project as one big educational and artistic adventure. I've been doing research, creating drawings, and making big clay sculptures for each of the films in the series. All compiled into one big sketchbook!: D An "Old Buck" behind-the-scenes video covering the artwork, the sculpture, accuracies and inaccuracies will be uploaded on September 10th, the day after the animated short film.

...and here's "The Making of 'Sharp Teeth'" - his first dinosaur-centric animated feature. It provides nice insight into his creative process.  On that note, (you might have noticed this from the trailer of "Dinosauria") it seems the upcoming Hell Creek centered episode will feature updated scenes taken from "Sharp Teeth".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vuEQmZTYz8

ITdactyl

acro-man

Was excited.
Am worried, now.

This is excessively bloody....
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Carnoking

I can't get it out of my head. Can't wait for the next episode!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

That was beautiful. I think I will watch it again.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

GojiraGuy1954

I love the use of colour as symbolism in this short. The red lake water and the reddish leaves of the tree initially just look like they are there to make the scene pop, but upon rewatch you see that they are that colour to foreshadow the bloodshed that is about to take place
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

ITdactyl

David already posted the "making of" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nLoBeBx-Q

I almost feel like he's a member here - just after observing the figure collection he features in the video. The shelf featured in "The making of 'Sharp Teeth'" was dominated by Papos. The updated shelf featured here has a lot of figures from PNSO. ;D

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 10, 2021, 07:05:29 PM
David already posted the "making of" video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24nLoBeBx-Q

I almost feel like he's a member here - just after observing the figure collection he features in the video. The shelf featured in "The making of 'Sharp Teeth'" was dominated by Papos. The updated shelf featured here has a lot of figures from PNSO. ;D

HD-man

Quote from: ITdactyl on September 10, 2021, 07:05:29 PMDavid already posted the "making of" video.

Just wanna say that I enjoyed this making-of video just as much as (if not more than) "Old Buck" itself. It reminds me of my favorite day-in-the-life dino books (E.g. Bakker's "Raptor Pack" & "Maximum Triceratops": http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2210.msg102468#msg102468 ) in that the shorter 1st part tells a day-in-the-life story of a dino & the longer 2nd part explains the science behind the story. I especially liked David's explanation of the colors used & look forward to future explanations (especially of the colors used in the Hell Creek episode). Also, I think David's being too hard on himself when he refers to certain aspects as "inaccuracies" just b/c they're unknown. At the very least, his dino fight is MUCH more like a real animal fight than are the dino fights in most so-called "documentaries".
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

ITdactyl

I like how even the Daspletosaurus was shocked by how violent the fight was.

H @HD-man , even with his older work he has a tendency to pore over perceived inaccuracies. I think this is a response to some of his "fans" who have a tendency to provide impassioned feedback.

Grimbeard

Phenomenal first episode in just about everything: creature design, color choices, animation style and script. I'm really looking forward to the entire series.

Kinda remind me of the animated segments from the 1992 documentary "The Dinosaurs".

ITdactyl

Trailer for episode 2 drops in a few hours.

Trailer for episode 1: August 26
Episode 1: September 9
Trailer for episode 2: September 24
Episode 2: October 8?  :))

Gwangi

I thought these would be released week-to-week, then I thought, maybe bi-weekly. I'm very wrong.

ITdactyl

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi , I always thought he was on a "release when able" schedule, based on his commentary in the "making of" videos and his personal posts on Youtube.  However, "Dinosauria" is supported by his Patreon so I think it's safe to assume a regular monthly release.

Anyway, here's the trailer for episode 2.  Patreon supporters already have access to the full ep. Us freetubers will have to wait for the release on October 8.

"Our Frozen Past"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1ABoRzbKI

Carnoking

I don't know if I'm just not a clever viewer but i remember watching the original trailer and hearing that dromaeosaur (don't know the species) make those sounds and thinking it was refreshing to hear a dinosaur that didn't screech. Anyways, it wasn't until recently that I realized it's imitating the sound of the falling ice and that's even better

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Chasmosaurus

Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

Lynx

Nooo! Poor little baby  :(
I found the episode very cool though. I don't have any audio on my computer, so some parts were a little confusing. Very well made and animated. Hope we see this family again sometime in the future!
An oversized house cat.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Lynx on October 08, 2021, 03:35:58 PM
Nooo! Poor little baby  :(
I found the episode very cool though. I don't have any audio on my computer, so some parts were a little confusing. Very well made and animated. Hope we see this family again sometime in the future!
The troodontid mimicked the call of the baby Pachyrhinosaurus

Nanuqsaurus

Best episode so far and I don't have to explain why!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: