News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosauria animated series

Started by Thialfi, August 11, 2021, 12:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I was kinda hoping to see the Lambeosaurus really beat the crap out of that Albertosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

HD-man

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 08, 2021, 07:27:42 AMI was kinda hoping to see the Lambeosaurus really beat the crap out of that Albertosaurus.

Gorgosaurus ;)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: HD-man on December 08, 2021, 08:26:18 AM
Quote from: triceratops83 on December 08, 2021, 07:27:42 AMI was kinda hoping to see the Lambeosaurus really beat the crap out of that Albertosaurus.

Gorgosaurus ;)
I will lump Gorgo on this one occasion just to oppose you
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Brocc21

Excited for the next episode. I've always preferred the look of Geosternbergia/P. Sternbergi to Pteranodon longiceps. But it never seems to get as much representation.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

SRF

Yesterday I've watched all episodes and making offs that are now available. Really love this series and I'm looking forward to the last two episodes. 
But today, I'm just being father

Fembrogon

That last episode felt like it went by so fast! It was a very nice piece all the same, though.

This series has been delightful to follow, and it's great to see how well it's being recieved. The making-of videos are very thorough and quite inspirational. I find it very encouraging to see content like this get released even when there's seemingly a dearth of larger mainstream projects.

BlueKrono

Can any animal that flies in the air also "fly" underwater? I know of penguin aquatic locomotion of course, and sea birds that dip under the surface to snag fish, but do any modern creatures do what the Pteranodon did in this one?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Fembrogon

I believe puffins hunt in a manner similar to what was shown for the pterosaurs; plus various seabirds like gannets and shearwaters are kind of famous for their deep torpedo-dive hunting techniques.

Gwangi

Oh yes, there are a variety of modern birds that hunt in this way. Northern gannets are a great example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vaFl6J87s

I found Sea and Sky to be the weakest in the series so far, but still fantastic of course. A More Ancient Spring continues to be my favorite.

Lynx

Quote from: Gwangi on February 11, 2022, 08:20:27 PM
Oh yes, there are a variety of modern birds that hunt in this way. Northern gannets are a great example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8vaFl6J87s

I found Sea and Sky to be the weakest in the series so far, but still fantastic of course. A More Ancient Spring continues to be my favorite.

For me it is the other way around, this new film and Old Buck were probably the only ones I felt emotion in, A More Ancient Spring was a bit confusing at first watch.
An oversized house cat.

BlueKrono

Very cool. And what an interesting place to take inspiration from for the behavior of an extinct species!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnoking

Interesting how different people are. A More Ancient Spring may be my personal favorite.  Then again I am rather partial to hadrosaurs, and the tale of "love and loss" was a nice touch, even if a bit dramatic for nature.
Our Frozen Past is a close second, as I felt it balanced narrative with nature the absolute best of the four so far. It probably would have been my favorite if there was just one additional scene where we actually saw the Troodon herself witness the infant Pachyrhinosaurus' call and learn what it means before using it to save herself and her chick.
I'm realizing narrative substance is a big determining factor in my ranking here; Old Buck comes in third, and Sea and Sky is perhaps my least favorite thus far given that it plays more as a mere situation rather than a full story. That isn't to say it's bad, it's still a great addition to the series! Just the least engaging to me so far.

Fembrogon

I'll concur that "A More Ancient Spring" and "Our Frozen Past" are my favorites so far; I like their blend of naturalism and drama to produce a complete and unique pair of stories. I think "Old Buck" might actually be my least favorite so far, just because its story feels a little more basic and familiar; while "Sea and Sky" is a much more pure window-through-time piece, and a very effective one at that.
I don't dislike any of them though, which is great; it's all just shades of more or less good.

HD-man

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 11, 2022, 08:00:23 PMCan any animal that flies in the air also "fly" underwater? I know of penguin aquatic locomotion of course, and sea birds that dip under the surface to snag fish, but do any modern creatures do what the Pteranodon did in this one?

I'm glad you mentioned penguins bc "Sea and Sky" reminds me of how penguins & leopard seals behave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3RElQWsh34
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

BlueKrono

Ah, my favorite mammal. They've certainly got a prehistoric appearance to them.

Gwangi

Quote from: Fembrogon on February 11, 2022, 11:09:24 PM
I'll concur that "A More Ancient Spring" and "Our Frozen Past" are my favorites so far; I like their blend of naturalism and drama to produce a complete and unique pair of stories. I think "Old Buck" might actually be my least favorite so far, just because its story feels a little more basic and familiar; while "Sea and Sky" is a much more pure window-through-time piece, and a very effective one at that.
I don't dislike any of them though, which is great; it's all just shades of more or less good.

Agreed.  "A More Ancient Spring" and "Our Frozen Past" really capture the cycles of nature, and nature's indifference.

Stegotyranno420

It's kind of hard to choose a favorite, as I really like Episodes 2-4 for very different reasons, for the story, (perceived) serenity , and atmosphere respectively. But while I admit all films are amazingly made, I did not like episode one. I don't like seeing animals of the same species fight seriously each other, though I cannot deny this unfortunately happens in real life.
Episode 2 was a bit exaggerated but I liked it because it kind of reminds me a bit of Primal for some reason.
Episode 3 was a nice one, I really liked the hadrosaurs, as they were given beautiful and calm designs(and awesome sound work) and even when they were fighting it wasn't them dying at the first bite, nor was it them obliterating the opponent flawlessly like some internet comments have suggested, it was in the realm of naturalness. But think I really like this one is more of the behind the scenes video.
Episode 4 was also amazing. As said earlier, it's more like a poem instead of a short story. The atmosphere was really well built.

Spoiler
I saw a bit of the upcoming last episode, and while I can't judge right now, I think it will be better if he went for more kinds of colors like the previous ones rather than the monochromatic feel of this one
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: