News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Kei's Prehistoric Life Photography

Started by Kei, August 25, 2021, 07:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kei

After lurking in this forum for months, I thought that it is time to throw my hat into the ring.

I'll start the thread first with some good ol' Triceraptops by Nanmu Studio.

ceratopsian

I'm glad you did!  Good photos. I like the low viewpoint you achieved so that you are not looking down into the model. 

Libraraptor

Firstly, hello and welcome to the forum!
Secondly, nict photography, I hope we see more of it in the future!

SidB

avatar_Kei @Kei , your hat is well and effectively thrown into the ring!

Kei

Thank you for the warm welcomes & compliments, everyone  ^-^ !

And yes, I do like low-angle shots for my dinosaurs as you'd often view them at eye level.

Kei

Next up is the Jurassic Park 3 Spinosaurus by Nanmu Studio - the same location as where I last took the Triceratops

Location finding is quite tricky for dinosaur photography as there aren't that many wooded places around my area.

Bread

Welcome to the forum! Lovely photos and figures you have.

I've been leaning towards acquiring some nanmu figures lately, due to the soon to be released buck. And I must say your photos are really encouraging the want I have to acquire these two figures!

Shonisaurus

My congratulations for your forums. Sincerely Nanmu Studio is together with W-Dragon they are two of the most beautiful film dinosaur companies that exist in the market.

Kei

Thank you, guys!

avatar_Bread @Bread : I'm also patiently waiting for the Mountain King Buck Rex to arrive as well, so far from the rollout images it looking good!

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus : Indeed, I'm hoping for PNSO to also up their paint app game since their scientific dinosaur sculpts are so nice.

Kei

PNSO Winter Wilson

The original teeth paint job was a bit underwhelming, so I stripped off the paint and retouch its teeth and hand nails with some bone white paint mix.

Shonisaurus

The paint job on the teeth has been fantastic.

bearybones

Beautiful figures and excellent photography.  Thanks for sharing!

Kei

Sorry for the long absence guys. Got caught up with life and all - but at least the collection spree doesn't stop ;D

BoTM Utahceratops Gettyi

Kei

PNSO Zhuchengtyrannus Custom. I got it custom painted by Gex (gex_pdroche) on Instagram. This scheme is inspired by the Brumal skin from Prehistoric Kingdom.

Dusty Wren

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous repaint, avatar_Kei @Kei. The striping and the little flecks of blue are subtle but still striking.

I've been following Raúl Pedroche's Instagram for a while and really enjoy his work. How was working with him on this custom?
Check out my customs thread!

Kei

Quote from: Dusty Wren on May 02, 2022, 04:53:33 PM
Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous repaint, avatar_Kei @Kei. The striping and the little flecks of blue are subtle but still striking.

I've been following Raúl Pedroche's Instagram for a while and really enjoy his work. How was working with him on this custom?

Thank you Dusty Wren! The paint job on this was so impressive I commission him on another work at the moment!

You can drop him a message on his Instagram or Facebook. He's very easy to work with - all you need to do is to provide him with a clear color plan of the animal & he'll follow it. I'd let him purchase & paint the model for me so it usually takes around 1.5 months for the entire process.

Dusty Wren

Check out my customs thread!

Kei

I got this Rebor Stegosaurus late last year, but I haven't got the time to take some snapshots, until now. I regret not getting the other variant while there were plenty back then.

Bonus "Scout" shot !

SidB

Love the textural extravagance,  and the contrast between the lit and the dark, avatar_Kei @Kei .

Kei

;) Got this big ole gator showing at my front door this week. I had to take him out for a proper photoshoot. Rebor really outdid themselves once again with this release.

And last but not least. Bonus cameo with a very friendly orange tabby  :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: