News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: Over9K on August 11, 2022, 09:51:55 PMI think you'll be really pleased with Nanmu's JP/JW figures. IMO, they're the best out there at their price point, and better than some of the resin statues available. After the Indominus, they really upped their game regarding tail seams (Indominus is bendy tail, the rest are not), and each new figure has been better than the last one. The Once And Future King T.rex is really spectacular in-hand, with the Alpha T.rex a very close second. I also recommend grabbing the beautiful Vastatosaurus from the 2005 King Kong and the Mosasaurus if you can find it in stock anywhere, as it's been recently retired and is a fantastic representation of the movie beast. IMO, the Sinoceratops is the lowlight for the range, and it's still a pretty nicely executed figure, even if the details on the body are a bit shallow and soft, compared to those on the head, which moves allowing for posing variations.
Thanks! I think for now Im gonna concentrate on only 4 dinos from the franchise, T-Rex, parasaurolophus, carnotaurus and maybe either stegosaurus or triceratops. Id also add gallimimus, dilophosaurus and Blue but Im sorta happy with their Amber collection figures for now(and the Legacy version of the galli).

it seems Lana Time and Pop Shack Store are the cheapest options for me. Has anyone bought from Pop Shack? Jurassic Zoo's price just jumped up from the last time I posted the link in my previous post.   

Sovereign59

Here are the photos of the Giganotosaurus that were shared today. https://www.instagram.com/p/ChJys_NBf5h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It looks to me that the standard version won't be able to stand on its own without the base with a pose like that, which is a disappointment to me. I prefer my figures without stands. I do like how these both look though, and look forward to seeing more of them.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sovereign59 on August 12, 2022, 09:38:12 PMHere are the photos of the Giganotosaurus that were shared today. https://www.instagram.com/p/ChJys_NBf5h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

It looks to me that the standard version won't be able to stand on its own without the base with a pose like that, which is a disappointment to me. I prefer my figures without stands. I do like how these both look though, and look forward to seeing more of them.

I'll probably by both as even with the base it's pretty cool pose-wise. I'm a little put off on the human figure choice..could have been just about anything else.. lol

Carnoking

I really dig the pose and presentation on the Dragon Soul offering, although it does make me want articulated jaws again. It looks quite regal with its mouth shut as it looms over the rocks but I imagine it would shift to a very intimidating look if the jaw could open in a roar.
As far as the standard release goes, looks like that's the way to go if you want the figure to play off your other figures. I imagine it would look nice posed alongside their upcoming therizinosaurus.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 12, 2022, 10:40:55 PM
Quote from: Sovereign59 on August 12, 2022, 09:38:12 PMHere are the photos of the Giganotosaurus that were shared today. https://www.instagram.com/p/ChJys_NBf5h/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'll probably by both as even with the base it's pretty cool pose-wise. I'm a little put off on the human figure choice..could have been just about anything else.. lol

And yes, who is that character? Is it from a game or a comic book or just a general beefy dude with an ax?

Flaffy

The regular release's pose seems pretty standard for the most part. Nanmu would have to really mess up weight balancing in order for that to not be able to stand by itself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on August 13, 2022, 12:12:57 AMI really dig the pose and presentation on the Dragon Soul offering, although it does make me want articulated jaws again. It looks quite regal with its mouth shut as it looms over the rocks but I imagine it would shift to a very intimidating look if the jaw could open in a roar.
As far as the standard release goes, looks like that's the way to go if you want the figure to play off your other figures. I imagine it would look nice posed alongside their upcoming therizinosaurus.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 12, 2022, 10:40:55 PM

And yes, who is that character? Is it from a game or a comic book or just a general beefy dude with an ax?

Sure looks like He-Man to me..

Over9K

Quote from: Carnoking on August 13, 2022, 12:12:57 AMAnd yes, who is that character? Is it from a game or a comic book or just a general beefy dude with an ax?

Here's an upclose look...

Maybe KaZar, Marvel Comics' barbarian resident of the Savage Land? Frazetta's Death Dealer, sans helmet? The bonus figure typically doesn't go with the dinosaur, but matches up with some previous dinosaur. Maybe it's something meant to pair with Mordred?

Sovereign59

Apologies, I must have been confused on which version was standard and which was deluxe. In the first photo it says "the one with the doll and the base is a full DX version. So I assumed that meant the version in the first picture with the little barbarian looking guy (the doll?) was the deluxe. But they both are pictured with bases.
What I meant was the other version doesn't look like it will be able to stand without a base, the one with one leg raised much higher than the other.

Joliezac

I think both look great, but I will be getting the standard PVC. I'm sad to see the articulation go, I like to choose when doing outdoor photography. I just hope it is released in a reasonable amount of time and isn't too expensive.

Sovereign59

Quote from: Joliezac on August 13, 2022, 07:40:34 PMI think both look great, but I will be getting the standard PVC. I'm sad to see the articulation go, I like to choose when doing outdoor photography. I just hope it is released in a reasonable amount of time and isn't too expensive.

I was wondering about this again today. Has anyone actually ever seen a single person requesting a figure to not have jaw articulation? I see over and over again in Nanmu's posts and comments that there will no longer be jaw articulation on their figures due to "popular demand" or "consumer demand" but it seems as though they have to just be making this up. If anything the demand is for the figures to have it, every comment I see is from people asking why it's gone in the first place.

Carnoking

I'll see some comments advocating for fixed jaws since it means there won't be any unsightly seam lines on the head but I do still see plenty wishing it would come back. Obviously it's impossible to please everyone but perhaps bringing them back for the standard release and saving the fixed jaws for their higher end Dragon Soul offerings wouldn't be a bad compromise.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nanmu says it's just a general barbarian figure lol

Had a message from Lana, they said they are only getting a few of the limited Spinosaurus pieces in and they won't be listing it on the site. They contacted me I guess since I ordered the other one? and they sent me a link for a custom checkout. Good news it was just 185.00 shipped.

need4swede

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 14, 2022, 04:26:23 AMNanmu says it's just a general barbarian figure lol

Had a message from Lana, they said they are only getting a few of the limited Spinosaurus pieces in and they won't be listing it on the site. They contacted me I guess since I ordered the other one? and they sent me a link for a custom checkout. Good news it was just 185.00 shipped.

I'm honestly all for this. If they know they're only getting a handful of these figures, it's great that they're contacting existing customers and seeing if they'd be interested - as opposed to having them all sell out immediately and ending up on the second hand market with an inflated price tag. Not saying the latter won't happen with some owners, but I reckon it won't be as much of a problem. 
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on August 14, 2022, 05:25:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 14, 2022, 04:26:23 AMNanmu says it's just a general barbarian figure lol

I'm honestly all for this. If they know they're only getting a handful of these figures, it's great that they're contacting existing customers and seeing if they'd be interested - as opposed to having them all sell out immediately and ending up on the second hand market with an inflated price tag. Not saying the latter won't happen with some owners, but I reckon it won't be as much of a problem. 

Lana has always done right by me, I've even tried to help them on a couple occasions. I'm glad they feel like they reward customers like this. Pretty cool.   Just thinking by the end of the year it will be Spino overload here.. lol

GiganotosaurusFan

Just saying, the human figure looks like Conan the Barbarian
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Stegotyranno420

Don't you mean Conan the LIBRARIAN!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sovereign59 on August 13, 2022, 08:00:45 PM
Quote from: Joliezac on August 13, 2022, 07:40:34 PMI think both look great, but I will be getting the standard PVC. I'm sad to see the articulation go, I like to choose when doing outdoor photography. I just hope it is released in a reasonable amount of time and isn't too expensive.

I was wondering about this again today. Has anyone actually ever seen a single person requesting a figure to not have jaw articulation? I see over and over again in Nanmu's posts and comments that there will no longer be jaw articulation on their figures due to "popular demand" or "consumer demand" but it seems as though they have to just be making this up. If anything the demand is for the figures to have it, every comment I see is from people asking why it's gone in the first place.

I don't really collect Nanmu, but I prefer non-articulated figures and I have expressed that preference to several companies that sometimes include joints and sometimes don't.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on August 17, 2022, 02:34:59 PMAndy's review of Mordred.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69_LhXfEf4E

" AWESOME" review lol  i still feel like they had no clear concept of what this figure was supposed to represent.  I mean we have a crumbling castle in the artwork and JP explorer track on the base.

dragon53

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: