News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

Nanmu seems to follow the REBOR model in that they tease whatever new products they're working on at the moment and then show their progress throughout the year rather than just having a slate of new releases that they reveal all at once. Whether or not those projects will be completed and available to buy that same year is anyone's guess. We might be able to pre-order the giga and dragon soul v rex this year with them potentially getting to collector's by the holiday season, but teased products like the therizinosaurus and new mosasaurus probably won't be shipping until 2023 at the earliest. Then there are surprise releases that seem to pop up randomly like the master hunter and brachiosaurus repaint that I'm certain they do just to further offset costs of older molds.

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Thanks for the info.
I was hoping to plan ahead as far as my Nanmu buys, but since Nanmu doesn't have a fixed schedule, I guess I pay as it goes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Received my Spinosaurus V2 yesterday from Lana, today my DS version shipped from them.

SenSx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 15, 2022, 06:17:52 AMReceived my Spinosaurus V2 yesterday from Lana, today my DS version shipped from them.

Cool, do you find it better than the Supplanter 1.0 sculpt wise and more importantly, paint wise ? (I can make my own opinion on the sculpt difference, but it's not always easy to judge the paint application on pictures or videos due to lightning...)

I'm hesitant in getting it from Lanatimeshop, but I wonder if I will have taxes to pay in Europe.

Sturisoma

They are B-I-G !
Those long slender tails remind me of the standing brachiosaurus neck :))  hopefully we won't have any bad news with these. Thankfully, I have not seen a broken Dragon Soul spinosaurus [yet], so that is very good news as I was able to pre-order it.  ^-^  Though I am still wondering what the zip ties on the legs are for hmmm?

Pliosaurking

From the looks of it that Vrex might be their overall largest therapod to date.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SenSx on October 15, 2022, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 15, 2022, 06:17:52 AMReceived my Spinosaurus V2 yesterday from Lana, today my DS version shipped from them.

Cool, do you find it better than the Supplanter 1.0 sculpt wise and more importantly, paint wise ? (I can make my own opinion on the sculpt difference, but it's not always easy to judge the paint application on pictures or videos due to lightning...)

I'm hesitant in getting it from Lanatimeshop, but I wonder if I will have taxes to pay in Europe.

i'll try to compare as soon as i can. ive had no issues ordering with them, but you might want to message them and ask?

Sturisoma

Latest Weibo update:

"Because of the use of new materials, the forelimbs have a certain ductility, but because the design concept is a statue product, plus the proportion of the forelimbs itself is short and slender, so it is still not possible to swing large multi-frequency pulls. This will still cause the product to peel off the paint and break. This design is mainly to combat violent transportation, such as collisions in the box, etc., rather than the need to play, such as improper play caused by breaking and peeling, do not enjoy in-store after-sales. Looking forward to new and old customers knowing, grateful!"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Sturisoma on October 16, 2022, 11:28:12 AMLatest Weibo update:

"Because of the use of new materials, the forelimbs have a certain ductility, but because the design concept is a statue product, plus the proportion of the forelimbs itself is short and slender, so it is still not possible to swing large multi-frequency pulls. This will still cause the product to peel off the paint and break. This design is mainly to combat violent transportation, such as collisions in the box, etc., rather than the need to play, such as improper play caused by breaking and peeling, do not enjoy in-store after-sales. Looking forward to new and old customers knowing, grateful!"

I'm not clear exactly on what they mean? Don't try to move the arms?

blnadal

blnadal

SenSx

blnadal

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think both have their merits.

When I get them all in I should have the WDragon Spino, all three Nanmu Spinos and then the Prime 1 Spino. That's a shelf full...I think I'll be good on any JP3 Spinos from this point on..lol

Carnoking

Looks like I'll be having crow for dinner tonight. When the whole 2.0 phase started over at Nanmu, I thought it was a sign that they had gone creatively bankrupt. Why bother shoveling out redone versions of already near perfect models? Well, the sucker I am, I played right into their hands and picked up the new Spinosaurus and all I can say is, wow... is this ever an improvement over the predecessor.

The detail and paint are so much more subtle yet so much more lifelike than the original, and the more imposing stance and added display base give this thing so much presence. This, to me, is the definitive JP3 Spinosaurus (at least until the Soul of the Dragon one arrives :P ) Well done, Nanmu. Well done indeed.

dragon53

CARNOKING:

Thanks for the great photos. Lana Time shipped mine yesterday.

dragon53

need4swede

Beautiful shots! Thank you for sharing!
I reached out to BBTS about their "4th Quarter, 2023" estimate, and the rep said it was most likely an error and that she would ask the team and get back to me. That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard back - and the date has stayed the same, so I'm assuming it'll be around this time next year when I get to enjoy this figure myself - although I hope that's not the case!  ;D
- Swede

Carnoking

Quote from: need4swede on October 21, 2022, 08:05:42 AMavatar_Carnoking @Carnoking
Beautiful shots! Thank you for sharing!
I reached out to BBTS about their "4th Quarter, 2023" estimate, and the rep said it was most likely an error and that she would ask the team and get back to me. That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard back - and the date has stayed the same, so I'm assuming it'll be around this time next year when I get to enjoy this figure myself - although I hope that's not the case!  ;D

Even by BBTS standards, a year long wait seems excessive. I would be genuinely surprised if it took that long for these to be in stock. That being said, I would not be surprised if we had to wait until at least 2023 but I'm honestly okay with that. Gives me more time to properly appreciate this figure (not to mention more time for my wallet to recover   :o )

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: