News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu - New for 2022

Started by Bread, October 24, 2021, 03:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

I'm waiting for a Dreadnoughtus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on October 07, 2022, 09:21:51 AMAlso bulkier in general. At this point I may have to start selling off my older Nanmu figures to accommodate all the 2.0 releases

I've done some of that but a lot of the older ones are in scale where these new ones are not.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on October 07, 2022, 02:05:52 PMI'm still annoyed that they keep doing 2.0s when they're numerous JP species they have yet to tackle.

I keep recalling Nanmu has a sort of rough year, so I can see them wanting to pad their wallet a bit while taking on new projects that may or may not sell.

Haldiron

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 07, 2022, 03:51:34 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 07, 2022, 02:05:52 PMI'm still annoyed that they keep doing 2.0s when they're numerous JP species they have yet to tackle.

I keep recalling Nanmu has a sort of rough year, so I can see them wanting to pad their wallet a bit while taking on new projects that may or may not sell.
What new projects? Are there any new dinos coming anytime soon?

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Carnoking on October 07, 2022, 02:22:22 PMI would rather get an update on the Therizinosaurus sculpt. Heck, getting a look at the paint of the Giga or Dragon Soul V-rex would have been more welcome rather than just another tease. Still, I can't be too upset about this since the Mosasaurus is easily one of the more underwhelming of their earlier releases. Although there's no way I'll have three of such a big figure, I'm keen to see how both these 2.0 versions turn out. Hopefully one can be my definitive Mosa. Now if only we could get a better Indominus rex to put in its jaws...
Nanmu's working on a Therizinosaurus? :o

Carnoking

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs They teased one back in June right after Dominion hit theaters but I don't believe we've gotten any updates since. At the time, they were ramping up production on their new Spinos and Carnos but since then we've seen the likes of the new Giga sculpt, Dragon Soul V-rex, and now a new tease for a Mosasaurus so I don't know what's going on with the theri at this point.

TooOldForDinosaurs

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking Thanks for updating me on that! I really hope we hear from or see this figure soon.

Sturisoma

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjdVQ6vK3fH/

Quick unboxing video of the Dragon Soul Spinosaurus. Anybody know what the zip ties on the legs are for?

SenSx

Can't wait to see all those Spinosaurus reviews.
I think I'm going to give in for the albino, but seing that Dragon Soul unboxing video might make me regret not pre-ordering it.

Do you know if Everything Dinosaur will have those Spinos in stock including the Dragon Soul ?

dinodamage

I was really hype for the albino, but now that I see it I think it might look a bit odd on my shelf... but I have a huge affinity for albino animals, so I'll have to think on it.

This is the first time I've considered getting the JP spino though, it's the best figure I've seen of it thus far.

SenSx

Quote from: dinodamage on October 10, 2022, 02:20:50 AMI was really hype for the albino, but now that I see it I think it might look a bit odd on my shelf... but I have a huge affinity for albino animals, so I'll have to think on it.

This is the first time I've considered getting the JP spino though, it's the best figure I've seen of it thus far.

Yes, I also like it as a tribute to both JP3 and Ice of Age 3 (which is a better movie in my opinion ^^).

I really hope they use the Dragon Soul line to actually make a real dragon, it would be amazing.

Sturisoma

Surprised that he got this sci-fi monster!  :))

blnadal

so the dx version can't stay without the base?

dragon53

Sturisoma

Quote from: blnadal on October 12, 2022, 06:19:33 PMso the dx version can't stay without the base?

It can. See Leomuseum's review. It's just that the metal peg detaches from the base and sticks to the foot. It happens on my parasaurolophus and ceratosaurus. I just use medical tweezers to remove the peg from the foot.  :)

blnadal

Quote from: Sturisoma on October 13, 2022, 01:12:10 AM
Quote from: blnadal on October 12, 2022, 06:19:33 PMso the dx version can't stay without the base?

It can. See Leomuseum's review. It's just that the metal peg detaches from the base and sticks to the foot. It happens on my parasaurolophus and ceratosaurus. I just use medical tweezers to remove the peg from the foot.  :)

thanks!

Faelrin

Nanmu shared a pic of the painted Giganotosaurus progress. Looks really good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjsIkvfvAWT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Maybe I lack integrity but that paint progress is making me super excited to see the final product. I still don't much care for the design but I can tell that's going to be a gorgeous model...

dragon53

I have the following questions:

1. Has Nanmu finished announcing its 2023 releases?
2. When does Nanmu announce its releases for the next year?
3. Does Nanmu have a fixed number of releases in a given year?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: