News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2022

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Paleodude on November 17, 2021, 03:25:11 PM
Quite the nice selection of figures this year. Smaller than previous years but very solid overall.
Speaking of less figures this year, is that not only possibly because of the pandemic, but due to larger deluxe figures? 2021's deluxe figures were smaller, but seems to me this year we could have quite a few of large deluxe figures. Unless CollectA make both the Edmontosaurus and Triceratops incredibly small (similar to their Mantellisaurus and Regaliceratops).

Thialfi

Apparently these two figures will be 1:40

Lynx

If you can remove the bases/the figures don't come with bases then the Triceratops and Edmontosaurus is a must-buy
An oversized house cat.

CarnotaurusKing

*chanting* ANNECTENS, ANNECTENS, ANNECTENS...

Please CollectA, please.

Sim

I'm disappointed by the choices of these last two figures, they aren't what I was hoping for.  But it's possible CollectA might choose species not represented by the newest Wild Safari figures.  If I'm remembering right avatar_suspsy @suspsy has been wanting a Triceratops prorsus, and @GojiraGuy1954 and C @CarnotaurusKing have been wanting an Edmontosaurus annectens.  It would be nice if those were the species represented by the new CollectA figures.  And, it was past time CollectA updated their Triceratops.

suspsy

I would indeed love a T. prorsus, but I reckon there's at least a 93.02% chance that CollectA's new one will be the same old T. horridus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Quote from: Thialfi on November 17, 2021, 04:20:06 PM

Whenever Collecta Says a Figure is 1:40, it usualy is anything but

CarnotaurusKing

Quote from: Takama on November 17, 2021, 07:12:54 PM
Quote from: Thialfi on November 17, 2021, 04:20:06 PM

Whenever Collecta Says a Figure is 1:40, it usualy is anything but

The T.rex-sized Styracosaurus comes to mind.

Thialfi

Hahahahahaha ikr, that was closer to 1:20. Strange thing, this scale.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Styracosaurus was closer to 1:10 never mind 1:20.

Edit: it's around 3 times the size of the Carnegie which is about 1:30 scale. The only one as far off scale as that is the Pteranodon.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

MLMjp

Hoping those leaks are true.
Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on November 17, 2021, 05:18:45 PM
*chanting* ANNECTENS, ANNECTENS, ANNECTENS...

Please CollectA, please.
You read my mind, C @CarnotaurusKing! #JUSTICEFORANNECTENS

T. prorsus would be great, specially since we already have a great T. horrid us by Safari, but like avatar_suspsy @suspsy says, the odds aren't usually in our favor. BUT if there is one company I see doing T.prorsus instead of T.horridus, that would be Collecta.

On the topic of scale, I can see them making Edmontosaurus as large as their Iguanodon, which would be great. The Triceratops could be done in a much larger scale though, like their Styracosaurus...

Concavenator

So far my favorite is the Geosternbergia. I really like CollectA's pterosaurs, for me they are the best around.

Regarding the Spinosaurus, there are some improvements over their 2015 version, scientific discoveries aside. For example, the absence of crocodile copy-pasting and it's not as shrink wrapped. But detail wise they haven't improved a bit. It has the same huge scales as the original, a shame considering that 7 years have passed since then and the fact their Standard range figures are very detailed for their size. I have their new Megalosaurus and I was honestly surprised by how good that little guy is. The Kamuysaurus is excellent too. I find it amusing that their newest Standard figures have better detail than most of the Deluxe figures lately. I think the newer PNSO Spino is clearly superior, quadruped pose aside. I also think the Mesozoic Life version is noticeably better, and hopefully it will be released at some point.

I'm personally not interested in any of these so far, although the Edmontosaurus is the one that might interest me. And as someone who owns the Eofauna Trike, I have no interest in getting any more figures of this dinosaur, even though it's unlikely CollectA's version will represent Yoshi's Trike.

Shonisaurus

My favorite is the spinosaurus, although I also really like the pteranodon and smok and also the invertebrate coopoceras, the least interesting is the paraceratherium (surprisingly one of my favorite prehistoric mammals) perhaps because of that interpretation of the trunk that resembles the paleorchestes, He did not just convince me, although it would be hypocritical if he did not say he did not buy it, I want it to be the "mask" of his counterpart from IToy and without a doubt I look forward to it, although what I said my favorite is the spinosaurus, it is a very beautiful figure and updated full-size view of that mysterious dinosaur.

suspsy

Well, only about 12.5 more hours before we see these last two, barring leaks before that time.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2021, 02:30:30 PM
Well, only about 12.5 more hours before we see these last two, barring leaks before that time.
Was it confirmed to be only two more prehistoric figures or are rumors still in the air?

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on November 18, 2021, 03:47:26 PM
Was it confirmed to be only two more prehistoric figures or are rumors still in the air?

Still in the air, I think. Everything Dinosaur will surely say in their posting if they are the last ones.

Mattyonyx

We just got informed by Everything Dinosaur that there will be another reveal on November 26, which could mean that the two leaked dinosaurs on the list shouldn't be the last ones, or maybe the new update will feature only one of them, with the next one to be shared by the end of the month.

suspsy

Quote from: Mattyonyx on November 18, 2021, 04:44:59 PM
We just got informed by Everything Dinosaur that there will be another reveal on November 26, which could mean that the two leaked dinosaurs on the list shouldn't be the last ones, or maybe the new update will feature only one of them, with the next one to be shared by the end of the month.

Splendid then!

Kapitaenosavrvs

Wonderful!

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on November 18, 2021, 04:11:43 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 18, 2021, 03:47:26 PM

Still in the air, I think. Everything Dinosaur will surely say in their posting if they are the last ones.
Good to know. Thank you.

Hmm..... I kind of hope they don't just spread out the reveal of only two figures. Hopefully there is more prehistoric figures coming, but of course I'll be fine with just the amount we have seen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: