News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Opinions on new PNSO Himalayasaurus?

Started by bettashark, November 09, 2021, 04:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettashark

Not sure how long exactly Tucson the Himalayasaurus has been out, but I sure haven't seen it before! I like that it's smooth, at least, but does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or criticisms of it?
(Other than the seam, of course. I've seen worse.)

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

modelnut

I am annoyed that this is another "fit-the-box" scale release. As far as I can tell it is 1/50. Mine is painted in a medium opalescent blue grey. There is a major seam line under the shoulders just behind the pectoral fins. These deep seam lines seem to be a new thing with PNSO. They are evident on their Tylosaurus and the Livyatan as well. There are other more faint seam lines at the midline down the back and belly. And another in the shape of a "V" on its chest. The scars on the pectoral fins are the artist's signature and the PNSO brand/trademarks. I don't know whether I will take steps to get rid of these defects or just ignore them. I have erased them on my PNSO Dunkleosteus.

Here is a doodle of what this figure would look like in my preferred 1/24th scale.

- Leelan

Bread

If it was the price of the Cretoxyrhina, I would buy it, but otherwise its an easy pass for me. I think CollectA could make a better one, just like I am hoping CollectA will produce a Livyatan

jc_4130

Would this at least be a good representation of large icthyosaur features?  Since we know so little of Himalayasaurus anyway.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.