News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ingenia`s sculpts: now digital (and a question)

Started by ingenia, March 18, 2012, 08:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ingenia

So the old DTF forum is not alive anymore, we all have to move to our new home and start from the beginning.I think I will repost some pictures of the sculptures in this new thread, to have them all together again for some who are interested in seeing them.
For the beginning I will start with pictures of the ceratosaurus nasicornis head bust my brother finished this week.
For those who haven`t seen my thread on the old DTF, my sculptures and those of my brother are made out of epoxy, starting with a  skull of styrofoam.The eyes are glass eyes taxidermists normally use.

Side view from the ceratosaurus:

The other side:

Details from the face:

more:

I really like the color scheme on this one, everything turned out to look really great, the eyes are perfect for this design.

I hope you like the pictures and leave a comment.
Thanks for the interest! :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful work again !!! :)

I would still love own one of these pieces.. ;D

brontodocus

So nice to see you're continuing sculpting dinosaur busts, you and your brother! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Arioch

Very nice job! what reference did you use? I guess its the inmature holotype.

ingenia

Thanks everyone! I would say we are ambitious amateurs ;), I would not compare me with a real professional artist.
The scale is 1:2.5, I am not sure which reference he used, I will ask him.

Lady medusa

I agree with blood of The moon! I want one of your dino busts!!! How long did it take to make all those tiny scales?! What did you use to make them?

Cant wait till i have enough time to try to sculpt my own dino heads but i cant till my son starts daycare :/

ZoPteryx

You could make a fortune selling these as fake hunting trophies! ;)

mmfrankford

Great stuff! Do you have any pictures of your finished heads on the wall? It would be neat to see them together.

tyrantqueen

Totoro

Wow, Ingenia, this looks amazing!  I am a huge Ceratosaur fan and so was anxiously awaiting your sculpt.  I am not at all disappointed!  It's as beautiful as all of your (and your brother's) other pieces - great work!!  8)
Old Kaiyodo chocolasaur diorama thread:
https://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3848

Tylosaurus

LIKE A BAUSS!!! that is how you did it bro! LIKE A BAUSS !!!

This is truly a master piece! What is it made of the skin and such?

ingenia

Here are some pictures of the other sculptures that I originally posted on the old dtf, to have them all together again.

Dilophosaurus

Eocarcharia

Pachycephalosaurus

Carnotaurus

Irritator

Diabloceratops

unfinished acrocanthosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Weaver

Stop the presses! Hold the horses back! That Pachy is coming to live on my wall: Right now. Any moment it is going to appear on my wall if I concentrate on it. Fly to me Pachycephalosaur!

Lady medusa

OMG!!!!!!! I want every single one!!!! You guys are so talented! I love the details of the horns and spines! Seriously you guys gotta start selling these!!!! I would buy everyone in a heartbeat! Lol as long as i could afford them ;). You should really think about making model kits out of these too!

ingenia

mmfrankford

Tylosaurus

ahh I see the skin are actually based on beads you glue on to the molds? interesting idea :P
Nice talent man, I wonder if a Tylosaurus head would be possible :D

ingenia

No, it is not glued on. After I cut the skull out of styrofoam, I cover it with a thin  layer of epoxy. Then I add some more were the muscles should be.The scales are all individual sculpted with epoxy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: