News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

I like how they're still calling it the "Slasher Dino", lol. That said, this made me nostalgic for the toy commercials from my childhood. I can tell whoever worked on them probably had fun making them. I'm really tempted (or hoping anyways) to get that Therizinosaurus as a day 1 purchase. I like how big it is too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Eocarcharia

Quote from: Faelrin on February 20, 2022, 03:02:53 AM
I like how they're still calling it the "Slasher Dino", lol. That said, this made me nostalgic for the toy commercials from my childhood. I can tell whoever worked on them probably had fun making them. I'm really tempted (or hoping anyways) to get that Therizinosaurus as a day 1 purchase. I like how big it is too.
Right? Like, it's not a secret what species it is anymore. But anyway, it's definitely on my want list too.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Eocarcharia on February 21, 2022, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on February 20, 2022, 03:02:53 AM
Right? Like, it's not a secret what species it is anymore. But anyway, it's definitely on my want list too.
This trailer may have been made a long time ago, with no certainty exactly how Universal would want to handle reveals.

GojiraGuy1954

Therizinosaurus

Moros

Dsungaripterus

Velociraptor "Blue"

Miragaia

suspsy

I like how Mattel has given us so many tyrannosauroids, but I hope the Moros gets an improved repaint in the future. The Dsungaripterus looks like a downgrade from previous pterosaurs. And the Miragaia . . . ye gods. That is the ugliest, tackiest, worst stegosaur they've done yet. I've seen Chap Mei toys that were prettier.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

CityRaptor

The Miragaia seems to take some cues from the Jurassic World Alive version.

The Hammond Collection Malcolm also comes with swappable arms with short sleeves, so his jacket is most likely removable.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

Of that batch I like the Dsungaripterus the most. I was never much of a fan of Mattel's smaller pterosaurs, like the Tapejara and Rhamphorhynchus so to me this one is an improvement. That Miragaia however, that's one of the worst Mattel toys we've gotten so far, and an easy pass.

MLMjp

These look way better than our first look at them a while ago. Different and better paint ups too. Although I fear the final ones were the ones we saw previously...

Gonna have to disagree with all of you on the Miragaia. It's only because of the open mouth that it looks "ugly" and it's pretty obvious it has an articulated jaw. Im 90% sure it would look better with its mouth closed. I like the dark blue and black combo, but again...Which colors will the final produc have? This or what we saw some time ago?

I like the Dsungaripterus, Moros is better than what we previously saw, but it still doesn't look like the one from the prologue, Blue looks better but I don't need another Blue.

GojiraGuy1954

I like the Moros and the Dsungaripterus. Not so much the others though

PrimevalRaptor

They seem to up the articulation on the smaller figures too, huh?
Definitely look better than the first images we got, the Moros could benefit from a repaint though, very nice to have a new Dsungaripterus too, fairly underrepresented in toy form.
The Miragaia may not be the most beautiful but I do like the colors a lot, feels different than your usual stegosaur.

MLMjp

Unfortunately, these "in package shots" seem to indicate that the paint/colors are gonna be worse for Blue and the Miragaia. With Blue it's obvious they just went cheap on paint, but I don't understand the color difference in the Miragaia. Maybe I will try to partially repaint the latter.

Strepsodus

I'm not very impressed by Miragaia, but the Moros is certainly something I'm buying

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd prefer a repaint of the Moros moreso than this current one.  The Miragaia just has a too compacted body sculpt for me, it should have been on the same level with the Kentrosaurus.

Flaffy

I don't understand how Mattel can nail high quality skin texture on their sculpts, but absolutely flounder on basic anatomy. Sad to see them skimp out on paint too.
That Miragaia is up there with being the worst stegosaur they've produced since the Chialongosaurus. I feel like I have to constantly remind myself that I don't HAVE to get these just because they're officially licensed Jurassic products.

Also, it seems like they're merging the Attack Pack and Savage Strike lines?

Faelrin

I think they are ditching the Savage Strike/Fierce Force thing altogether this year, with the closest thing being those Legacy Collection figures that have simple action features (which was the case in 2018 as well). It's similar to how the assortments were back in 2018 from the looks of it (regarding mainline stuff only), in where there is the $7.99 small figures (Ferocious Pack: Velociraptor Blue, etc), the $15.99 electronic medium figures (Roar Strikers: Ankylosaurus, etc), the $19.99 medium large figures (Massive Action: Quetzalcoatlus, etc), the large figures (Therizinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Giganotosaurus, etc), the vehicles, Extreme Damage aka renamed Battle Damage, and the same old Legacy Collection. The only new thing this time around in comparison to 2018 is the Hammond Collection which obviously replaces the Amber Collection, but mainline scale this time. There's also the human and dinosaur two packs (similar to last year's Camp Cretaceous character sets). Can only have shelf space for so much after all. It's also likely the result of what retailers want to carry too. Hopefully this year the smaller figures have better distribution then the previous two years. I mean since this finally is another film year I expect there will probably end caps, and what not as a result.

I'm already putting together my wishlist and it is quite smaller then the previous years. I'm mostly going to focus on the movie species this time around, with a few extras (assuming I can find them).

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

GojiraGuy1954

Hammond Collection

Ian Malcolm

Velociraptor

Vehicles

Capture n' Crush Truck
Spoiler

[close]

CityRaptor

Ha, I called it! Malcolm's jacket is removable.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Shadowknight1

I swear that Hammond Collection raptor has the same feet as the Amber Collection one, just on a smaller figure.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Reuben03

just holding out for the liopleurodon. they better not spoil the final thing by making it more like the jurassic world evolution one. the prototype was perfect.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: