News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Various): New for 2022

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 13, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 26, 2022, 11:50:40 PM
Quote from: Darko2300 on April 26, 2022, 11:48:38 PM
I suspect the green color was part of the licensing agreement with Universal as the LEGO figure shares that same trait. (Another well-known example would be the mandated 'blue' color for Michael Myers' jumpsuit despite it actually being more of a charcoal grey in the film.) The level of control that's exerted over some of these things is staggering.  ::)

Then why not paint the film character green?  lol It's like a yellow Hulk..
Likely something changed early in development that there wasn't time to update, like the Pyroraptor. Takara's Giga is also the correct colour, seems they produced their figures later on.

Gwangi

Here's what I managed to acquire in the past week. This is most of what I wanted from this wave but I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for the Hammond Collection Bary and Para, and the ED Dimetrodon. There are a couple toys I'm still unsure about, particularly the Therizinosaurus and Rajasaurus, I'll have to see them in person before I make a decision. I already have reviews up on the blog for the Yangchuanosaurus and Scorpiovenator. Reviews will be up for the Quetz and Dsungaripterus within the coming weeks.

I bought this set entirely for Lex but it was still worth it.

Favorite Mattel toy of this wave, hands down. Kind of glad I never found the original Quetz.

Since I never got the mainline Grant or Muldoon I'm really excited to have another chance at them with the Hammond Collection.

First thing I did with Malcolm out of the box was put him in "the pose". Worked out pretty well.

MLMjp

So jelous of you, avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi!

I went toy scouting (not hunting cause I can't spend money yet) and I found absolutely nothing from Dominion, with the exception of some rowdy roar Betas. Shelves in department stores are still full of Pentaceratops, blue Carcharodontosaurus, Scorpios rex and red Masiakasaurus.  :(

Oh well, gives my time until my birthday at least.

Faelrin

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek Yeah that's very much what likely happened, as the same thing happened with FK's toyline, and is likely why there are some slight coloration differences on the Therizinosaurus (red around the eye instead of blue) and Quetzalcoatlus (too much black on the beak then yellow), and why the sculpts on the Giganotosaurus and (released basic, and leaked mainline) Pyroraptor don't match up with the final film designs much. The Moros is also the biggest glaring offender, as the toy was probably designed long before there was a film design devised. I mean there was a leaked listing for it going back in late 2020 I believe (and the baby Nasutoceratops as well). It's not too much of a big deal in the end to me because I understand this, but of course I'd still much rather see a more accurate sculpt. Again there was also an interview with one of the Mattel sculptors and Jurassic Outpost a few years back that gave some insight into why this happens that's worth a look at.

I think we'll likely see them do it in the Hammond Collection down the line, and hopefully they fix up/update the head sculpt by then. I'm also hoping the Pyroraptor gets this treatment as well, not only in regards to the head sculpt, but the wings too (but well in the meantime I'll manage with the Takara Tomy figure once I can get my hands on one).

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi Congrats on the large haul there. I really can't wait to get my hands on that Lex & Tim set (still waiting on that pre-order to ship out, like any day now), and the new Quetzalcoatlus as well. I also really do want the Therizinosaurus as well, but I think I may save it for my birthday coming later in May. I really want to prioritize the HC stuff I can find it, when I go hunting, especially the Parasaurolophus and Baryonyx.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

Quote from: MLMjp on April 27, 2022, 05:49:37 PM

I went toy scouting (not hunting cause I can't spend money yet) and I found absolutely nothing from Dominion, with the exception of some rowdy roar Betas. Shelves in department stores are still full of Pentaceratops, blue Carcharodontosaurus, Scorpios rex and red Masiakasaurus.  :(

Everything I got was at Target and I got Malcolm and the Yangchuanosaurus on Target's website. My Walmart is barren of anything Jurassic World and has a poor selection even during the best of times. There's still time though.

Mellow Stego

I keep forgetting this thread is in the Members board.

I'm really hoping we see more Hammond Line figures. Maybe a Carnotaurus eventually.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

MLMjp

Quote from: Gwangi on April 27, 2022, 07:10:50 PM

Everything I got was at Target and I got Malcolm and the Yangchuanosaurus on Target's website. My Walmart is barren of anything Jurassic World and has a poor selection even during the best of times. There's still time though.
Well, I'm from Europe, not USA, and I got hope since I saw other European countries getting some. Although considering the track record of releases in my country, I wouldn't worry. They may take time, but the stuff ultimately arrives.

Gwangi

Quote from: MLMjp on April 27, 2022, 08:14:31 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on April 27, 2022, 07:10:50 PM

Well, I'm from Europe, not USA, and I got hope since I saw other European countries getting some. Although considering the track record of releases in my country, I wouldn't worry. They may take time, but the stuff ultimately arrives.

Oh ok, well I hope you're able to get everything on your list in due course. I hope everyone is able to.

Eocarcharia

I was at Walmart today and found one single Extreme Damage Allosaurus tucked away on another shelf. Of course it had poor QC on the eye paint but whatever. Anyway, while I was looking at the mostly bare shelves, I noticed this tag:

Extreme Damage... Lythronax? The price is the same as the Extreme Damage Allosaurus (I would know, I just bought one), and there wasn't a tag for the Allosaurus, so I'm assuming this is some kind of mistake on Walmart's part, like that supposed Attack Pack Moschops from a couple years ago. So most likely not proof of anything forthcoming, but interesting nonetheless.

Bread

Definitely the best mattel rex. Hopefully in hand paint is close to the promo's.

Flaffy

I don't think these Target promo pics are doing the figure or sculpt any justice at all.
That said, very glad I held off purchasing any Mattel rexes since the Thrash n Throw. This truly is the definitive Mattel rex. (The clown feet are rather noticeable as with the Velociraptor unfortunately; especially those bulging, disproportionate toes)

Carnoking

Eat your heart out, Amber Collection.

I am loving this thing so far. Excited to see what it looks like in-hand. These promo pictures are usually atrocious and put me off the product but I actually think this looks pretty incredible at a glance (for what it is).

Even the bigger feet don't bother me that much here. Sure, they could be smaller but I don't think they're nearly as egregious as with the raptor.

Gwangi

I already have the Colossal, Epic Roaring, and whatever T. rex came with the Ford Explorer. I really don't need another JP T. rex but this is definitely the definitive version of it. I'm undecided but eager to see it in-hand.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm I swear it's just a prettier, more articulated version of the Extreme Chompin' Rex sculpt/design.  Read another post saying it has red glass eyes? and stretchable jaw tissue.  Well the eyes don't look red, but lets assume they meant yellow. Any kind of stretchable material in toys doesn't generally last very long?

Faelrin

It's stated to be 24 inches long on Target's website. This thing is going to be longer then any of the previous Mattel T. rex figures (ignoring the much larger out of scale with the mainline Super Colossal ones). Nearly as long as David Silva's BotM Tyrannosaurus coming out later this year at 27 inches long.

I cannot believe they really just up and gave us a Stan Winston Studios Maquette coloration. Is it perfect 1-1? No, but I think it is good enough for the price point. I expect it to be better in those in hand/in package pics too that should be out there after it releases.

Edit: Maybe a bit of the animatronic too.

Target's pre-orders have already sold out. It is up on BBTS (though little info but price is expected), with estimate ship date of June. I had to get it there since I missed out on the Target one. Maybe better since they don't charge until something ships as well. Since Amazon also has the Hammond Collection, I think we'll see it there as well.

Edit 2: Now I really hope we get an accurate TLW buck later on. Even if I have to live with a repaint of this and no resculpt of the head/neck. Just something on par with the Kenner one and better then the 2019 Mattel Legacy one.

Pachyrhinosaurus

That paintjob is quite impressive for Mattel, even better than the Chronicle mini rex in terms of film-accuracy. As with the other Mattel tyrannosaurus the feet are much too big, though. This is especially clear when compared to the Kenner tyrannosaurus as pictured above. Still, I'll be sure to pick one up when it hits the shelves.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Faelrin

So there's already an in person look at it because its at the Generation Jurassic event at Universal Studios Hollywood. Paint scheme does look a small bit simplified from those promo pics, but honestly I can still live with this because it still looks really close and good to me. It even has glass eyes like the old Dino-Riders toys! Sorry I don't know how to post instagram pics here, but maybe someone else can. Here's the link anyways (on JPToys account):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc6vek6q2SX/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon I'm willing to bet "red" was a typo for "real" in that description going around.

Edit: First look at Kayla coming later this year. Wonder if they'll finally show their mainline Pyroraptor too?

Blade-of-the-Moon

you can find pics on facebook here : https://www.facebook.com/collectjurassic/ tomorrow there will be videos I'm sure.

just measured my medium sized mattel Rexes, about 20" long. bear in mind all these guys had shortened tails, so four more inches of tail would account for length and keep them in the same size range.

Faelrin

Oh thanks. FB links are temporary, but good for now I suppose. Anyways Dewanda Wise was at the panel, and is holding a Lystrosaurus figure. Might be a new mainline one judging from the size? Collect Jurassic did say there would be a video of this up on his channel, and I'm sure Jurassic Outpost will have one too.

Some more pics:

Concept art for Ampelosaurus and Siamosaurus. Really digging the Ark Survival Evolved Spinosaurus vibes the latter has. Might be the closest we'll get to a more accurate Spinosaurus in Mattel's style too anyways.

And yeah just as I was wondering if that was a mainline Lystrosaurus, it indeed is, in this new set with Maisie and Beta:

Can't say I'm really digging the coloration of the Parasaurolophus though. Not sure why it has so much black on it? Hmm, need to wait for the final in package pics to get a better idea of it.

Edit: Hammond Collection Gallimimus and a sneak peak of the Dilophosaurus and Triceratops. I really hope that Triceratops is bigger, since that Parasaurolophus was a tad bit bigger then the previous mainline ones (and I don't just mean the head).

And another look at that glorious Hammond Collection Tyrannosaurus, and the new Gallimimus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: